FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[OFFICIAL]CM10.1.3 Q&A - Release for D2VZW GSIII (OP updated 9/24/13)

1,298 posts
Thanks Meter: 586

By Restola, Senior Member on 29th December 2012, 02:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th April 2013, 03:21 PM |#1371  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 586

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buschbarber

How do I know what M build I am on?

In About Phone, the Build Number is cm_d2vzw-userdebug 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng..20130411.233110 test keys

CyanogenMod version 10.1-2013412-NIGHTLY-d2vzw

The M builds are called "experimental" (instead of nightly) and each time a new one comes out the M goes up. 4/11 was the 3rd M release for our phones, hence M3. So the version would look like:

cm-10.1-20130411-EXPERIMENTAL-d2vzw-M3

You can download it here (or in the cmupdater in settings on your phone)
http://get.cm/?device=d2vzw
The Following User Says Thank You to Restola For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Restola Ad-Free

12th April 2013, 03:31 PM |#1372  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeOne

On all of the 3.4-based-kernel builds I'm having a really annoying problem that I can't figure out.

When the phone is in sleep mode (I'm guessing - but let's say "when the screen has been off for a while") I don't get notifications. I don't get a sound, vibrate, or LED notification for e-mails, texts, or gchat. I will get them when the screen comes on though.

Sorry to bump this, but it's such a glaring and obvious problem that I can only assume that nobody else is experiencing it, or nobody noticed my post. Is this a bug with the build or is it just me?

Still getting it on the monthly
12th April 2013, 03:40 PM |#1373  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restola

The M builds are called "experimental" (instead of nightly) and each time a new one comes out the M goes up. 4/11 was the 3rd M release for our phones, hence M3. So the version would look like:

cm-10.1-20130411-EXPERIMENTAL-d2vzw-M3

You can download it here (or in the cmupdater in settings on your phone)
http://get.cm/?device=d2vzw

Ok! I had downloaded it to my phone, earlier, but then I saw the Nightly that was newer, date wise and installed that.

Is this an Either/Or thing where I would install Either the Experimental M3 or the Nightly?

If I install the M3 now, do I continue to install the Nightlies as they come out each day?

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restola

See if the bugs are on the latest M build. If they are submit an official bug report (they only take bug reports against the M builds).

Tapatalk via CM10.1 Galaxy S3

How do I check to see if a Bug is on the latest M build?
How do I submit a Bug Report?

Thanks!
12th April 2013, 04:37 PM |#1374  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
M3 seems mostly decent right now.

A few issues though:

-Zoom in/zoom out animation when going into an app isn't as smooth as M2. Seems jerky.
-There's still a "crackle" noise on about 15% of system sounds. Kind of like a static/compressed version of the system sound. I think this is an issue with kernel 3.4?
-Gallery has issues when you go from Gallery -> Camera. Once you try going back to Gallery, it loops you back into the Camera
-Battery drain seems a little worse than M2
-Music playback: Still having pretty back playback issues with CM 10.1 (seems to happen regardless of the app). When phone is locked, widget glitches/flashes strangely on wake and crashes playback until cache is cleared or rebooted
12th April 2013, 05:28 PM |#1375  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeOne

Sorry to bump this, but it's such a glaring and obvious problem that I can only assume that nobody else is experiencing it, or nobody noticed my post. Is this a bug with the build or is it just me?

Still getting it on the monthly

Tossing in my two cents on this. I haven't had any issues with missed notifications when my screen is off. I get notifications (without fail) from Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Google Calendar, Facebook Messenger, Google Messenger, Gtalk, and Google Voice (I wish everyone I know would just get on one service). I don't regularly use the stock text app, but I have gotten notification for every text I've gotten (which has probably only been like 3 texts since 3.4) I do not use the stock email app, so I can't speak as to whether or not that's working.

TL;DR I get notifications for everything I use, but might not use the app you aren't getting notifications for. I'm a nightly flasher dirty from M1 and hit every 3.4 except for the first m3. I'm inclined to think it's just you, but I can only speak to my experience. I'd recommend nuking from orbit wiping system/dalvik/regular cache temporarily removing your SD card and installing M3 fresh.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschbarber

Ok! I had downloaded it to my phone, earlier, but then I saw the Nightly that was newer, date wise and installed that.

Is this an Either/Or thing where I would install Either the Experimental M3 or the Nightly?

If I install the M3 now, do I continue to install the Nightlies as they come out each day?[COLOR="Silver"]

Thanks!

Any M build is an "experimental build" which is different from the nightly builds. M builds are supposedly more stable and have less issues. Nightly builds can sometimes be buggy (although they've been really good lately) Submitting bugs for nightly builds is verboten.

Choosing whether you want to run nightly or experimental builds is completely up to you. We cannot make the decision for you. You can, however, switch from a nightly to a m build and vice versa willy nilly. You can flash M3 and then stay on that until M4 comes out a month later, or you can pick and choose along the way. Read the changelog for each build to see if it has changes that you're interested in. Sometimes a nightly will have a huge change, other times it'll just be translations or things for different devices. But, sometimes when they change one thing it can affect something entirely unrelated to that change. This is the nature of development.

Bugs for M builds can be viewed at https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/issues/...t%20%3D%20CYAN
Bugs for nightly builds can be verified here (just to make sure you're not crazy or alone in your issue) and then written on pieces of paper and swallowed
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyTToxic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnnyTToxic Ad-Free
12th April 2013, 05:46 PM |#1376  
Flag Arlington VA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Anyone else having issues with M3 and installing gapps? As well as the activation screen coming up once signal is obtained?
12th April 2013, 07:09 PM |#1377  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is anyone else having troubles with the phone randomly rebooting on M3?
12th April 2013, 08:36 PM |#1378  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Thanks toxic. So strange. It's Google voice and Talk that I notice most
12th April 2013, 09:19 PM |#1379  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisk_33

The new M3 caused my phone to reboot over three times last night while during on a dresser. I don't know about you but that is not"working" for me. Is tours still running without problems? I'm back to an old nightly.

I haven't had any reboots, and everything else seems to be working so far.
12th April 2013, 10:48 PM |#1380  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
I've been using 4/2/13 with no issues at all rebooting, scrolling, or anything weird. I'm terrified to upgrade to the latest build today with all the issues people have been reporting the past 3-4 days. There's been a TON of changes, but I think I'll hold off another week or so until people start to generally say the builds are running better.
13th April 2013, 04:44 AM |#1381  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTToxic

Tossing in my two cents on this. I haven't had any issues with missed notifications when my screen is off. I get notifications (without fail) from Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Google Calendar, Facebook Messenger, Google Messenger, Gtalk, and Google Voice (I wish everyone I know would just get on one service). I don't regularly use the stock text app, but I have gotten notification for every text I've gotten (which has probably only been like 3 texts since 3.4) I do not use the stock email app, so I can't speak as to whether or not that's working.

TL;DR I get notifications for everything I use, but might not use the app you aren't getting notifications for. I'm a nightly flasher dirty from M1 and hit every 3.4 except for the first m3. I'm inclined to think it's just you, but I can only speak to my experience. I'd recommend nuking from orbit wiping system/dalvik/regular cache temporarily removing your SD card and installing M3 fresh.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Any M build is an "experimental build" which is different from the nightly builds. M builds are supposedly more stable and have less issues. Nightly builds can sometimes be buggy (although they've been really good lately) Submitting bugs for nightly builds is verboten.

Choosing whether you want to run nightly or experimental builds is completely up to you. We cannot make the decision for you. You can, however, switch from a nightly to a m build and vice versa willy nilly. You can flash M3 and then stay on that until M4 comes out a month later, or you can pick and choose along the way. Read the changelog for each build to see if it has changes that you're interested in. Sometimes a nightly will have a huge change, other times it'll just be translations or things for different devices. But, sometimes when they change one thing it can affect something entirely unrelated to that change. This is the nature of development.

Bugs for M builds can be viewed at https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/issues/...t%20%3D%20CYAN
Bugs for nightly builds can be verified here (just to make sure you're not crazy or alone in your issue) and then written on pieces of paper and swallowed

You have helped me understand the difference between M builds and Nightlies. Once in a while I see a circular brown icon in the Notification area. When I pull the Notification bar down and click on that icon, it is another CM update, but it has a number of different options including a checkbox for GApps. What is the difference between that update and the other two types you just mentioned?

Also, do you know why selecting Instant Email Notification. before I submit a Reply, does not seem to work? I am very seldom notified when new Replies to this thread are posted. I have to return to this thread every couple of days to see if new replies have been posted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)