FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[OFFICIAL]CM10.1.3 Q&A - Release for D2VZW GSIII (OP updated 9/24/13)

1,298 posts
Thanks Meter: 586

By Restola, Senior Member on 29th December 2012, 02:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2013, 02:41 AM |#1451  
Flag Goffstown, NH
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoytk01

What are you guys doing to improve battery life? I've had CM On my last three phones and never have I had such horrible battery life. Not blaming the ROM by any means. But any pointers/settings would be great. Thanks!

Sent from my Sick-Ass GS3

I'm running GideonX's BMS 3.4 kernel and getting terrific battery life. Also, uninsulated and reinstalled maps, unchecked share location and report location (or something like that). Maps is a killer but I think I've finally got that issue worked out. On the kernel, I just leave it as is. Not tweaking the governor or anything. Been solid for a month or so.

Peace,
Ray

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

25th April 2013, 02:45 AM |#1452  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I may have to try that. Anyone else doing something different?

Sent from my Sick-Ass GS3
The Following User Says Thank You to jwoytk01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jwoytk01 Ad-Free
25th April 2013, 05:44 AM |#1453  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I flashed the official 4/24 build and the latest KT747 3.4 kernel this morning and I haven't had a reboot yet. Hopefully this will help someone else.

Also, it looks like invisiblek posted a test build to try and resolve it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1447
25th April 2013, 05:49 AM |#1454  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Camera Touchwiz Camera
Hey guys, does anyone know if it is possible to flash the touchwiz camera onto cyanogenmod? And if there isn't, are there any good substitutes for the stock camera? There's not enough features for me, lol. Thanks.
25th April 2013, 06:41 AM |#1455  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikdared

I flashed the official 4/24 build and the latest KT747 3.4 kernel this morning and I haven't had a reboot yet. Hopefully this will help someone else.

Also, it looks like invisiblek posted a test build to try and resolve it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1447

I was just coming here to post that Invisiblek build. So far so good for me, including doing things that usually caused resets(phone calls and listening to baseball on MLB at bat). He mentioned that he's been working with cyanogen and they believe they've found the bug so I would assume it will make it to the official builds pretty soon. In the meantime though, I certainly appreciate all of Invisiblek's hard work; so nice to have my phone back in a good way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PickledEggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PickledEggs Ad-Free
25th April 2013, 05:24 PM |#1456  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am running invisiblek's unofficial rom posted yesterday and it seems to have resolved the random reboots for me.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1447

I had 10 reboots in less than 24 hours on the official 4/20 rom. There was no apparent clear cause for it. They would happen during browsing, checking email, making a call, just about anything. I think his unofficial did the trick though
25th April 2013, 07:19 PM |#1457  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Awesome! that means a stable build is just around the corner! Great work guys!
25th April 2013, 07:58 PM |#1458  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsensazn29

Hey guys, does anyone know if it is possible to flash the touchwiz camera onto cyanogenmod? And if there isn't, are there any good substitutes for the stock camera? There's not enough features for me, lol. Thanks.

As a previous iPhone user, the stock android camera app has a ton of features compared to what Apple offers. Being able to adjust the white balance, exposure, etc is nice. Being able to edit the photos after taking them is a plus.
25th April 2013, 08:43 PM |#1459  
Oregon
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsensazn29

No, you cannot flash any TW thing to AOSP. But if you want to be flooded with features, try out Vignette in the Play Store. There's a free version. More options than you can shake a stick at.

Finally going to install a 3.4 kernel based ROM. Was waiting for faux to update his but I can't wait any longer. Found a 3.4 based kernel that has faux sound. I'm jumping on the wagon!
The Following User Says Thank You to rockingondrums For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rockingondrums Ad-Free
25th April 2013, 11:23 PM |#1460  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Anyone else's GPS not working? It had been on previous builds but I think the 4/24 and 4/25 nightlies got it messed up.
26th April 2013, 12:34 AM |#1461  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm having this weird issue with PDF files, for the life of me my phone won't download pdf files automatically but if I go and use my brother's stock phone I can download said pdf I'm trying to view and I know it used to do it before I rooted my phone and flashed CM10.1 any help is appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)