[Q] Missing Functionality in CM

Search This thread

crocodile

Mar 16, 2005
My N7000 was becoming unusably slow so on a recommendation elsewhere, I installed CM. I was quite surprised at how basic some of the apps are & now have some specific issues.

I have lost the ability to scale text size in both messaging & email apps. Text size can be altered globally but making it big enough to read without glasses in text messages makes it unusable in general use. I've found an alternative messaging app but not email.

Colours in the calendar app are all rendered so dark as to be indistinguishable from each other. I can't find any options to change this like there was in the stock ROM.

So my question is can I somehow install the Samsung versions of these apps or do I have to trawl the Play store looking for alternatives? Or better still, is there a ROM that retains these features?

Hopefully this won't fall foul of the Best ROM rule!

crocodile

Mar 16, 2005
For email I recommend k9.

gesendet mit Tapatalk
Dunke.

Just installed it & in the process discovered that it supports pinch zooming. Never occurred to me to try the default mail app & that does too! But for some reason the messaging app doesn't but I've installed Big Text SMS that both gives me large text & TTS.

Atomix86

Jul 5, 2011
That's because cyanogen mod is based on AOSP and most apps do not have any value add or customizations to allow for what you need.

Sent from my Google Nexus G - ;)

crocodile

Mar 16, 2005
Still searching for a solution to the calendar colour issues. Changing the colour of a calendar on the device workd for milliseconds before it reverts to the very dark, indistinguishable colours. I really don't want to have to duplicate every app on the phone with one that works. :(

I'm also getting really annoying Mobile Broadcast messages every few minutes telling me which cell I'm connected to & can't find anywhere to switch them off. The N7000 section of Cyanogen's own forum seems to be a ghost town so no point posting there.

Edit
Now found the Cyanogen thread for the Note so will try there.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts