[GUIDE][Kernel]ROOT 14.3.A.0.681

Search This thread

Coolpsi

Feb 8, 2014
Faro
I thought you have to be rooted when restore the TA partition backup file, that means you will always be on a custom kernel, after restore, bootloader relocks, kernel doesn't match, phone will not boot, how do people restore their TA backup file if they want their phone 100 stock. Is there a stock kernel that I can download?

I am not quit shure that root access is needed to restore the TA partition, but, giving it some thoughts it's probably right... If so, I think you would have to downgrade to .532 firmware - because I think it's the only one directly rootable -, then root the phone with one of the few tools available (note that in this case I think you would still conserve the official kernel), restore the TA partition and, finnally, flash the .757 firmware. Anyway, let's wait for LordManhattan answer. ;)

encryptioncsta

Mar 7, 2012
wheres the locked bootloader version located?

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

all i see is only for locked bootloaders :(

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

can you please provide a link to this locked bootloader version your talking about please

coolmingli

Jan 16, 2013
San Francisco
hi Jackie, today I update my 6802 via SUS then I unlocked BL and then try this root method and it works.

then I restored TA to get locked BL, flashed stock 6802 kernel with flashtool and all good, still fully root, only lost recovery : D

Hi, this is exactly what I want to do, would you please tell me where you get the stock 6802 kernel? what firmware version is it from? Thanks

coolmingli

Jan 16, 2013
San Francisco
any FTF will do, but if you really want want 'stock' then flash the kernel from a c6802 .757 FTF
@abuihsan Do you still have write for root, or just read access?

Hi, I am on 757 rooted with Jackie's method, I am not going to install custom ROM, therefor I don't need recovery, my bootloader is unlocked and I have TA backup file. How did you extract the kernel out from the c6802 757 ftf? thank you!

coolmingli

Jan 16, 2013
San Francisco
On Stock 4.4.2 there is no pressing need to have a locked bootloader, and recovery is ALWAYS good to have.

sure, at first, I thought I will lose X Reality and Track ID, now after I played it around for while, the Track ID works, I think the X reality also works,
I may just leave the way it is then, this thing is taking too much of my time away, I will flash the dual recovery 757 kernel when it becomes available,
thanks mate.

Coolpsi

Feb 8, 2014
Faro
How about if I restore my TA file, also relock the bootloader , then go directly into flashmode, flash the stock firmware, reboot.
Will that work? It save the trouble for downgrade. Thanks

LordManhattan confirmed my suspicions, if you want your phone to be as stock again, you only have to flash the .757 firmware (without flashing additional kernel) and then restore the TA partition wich will probably also relock your bootloader, if not, you will have to do it manually, for example, with the flashtool.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

sure, at first, I thought I will lose X Reality and Track ID, now after I played it around for while, the Track ID works, I think the X reality also works,
I may just leave the way it is then, this thing is taking too much of my time away, I will flash the dual recovery 757 kernel when it becomes available,
thanks mate.[/QUOTE

Am I missing something here, or the dual recovery .757 kernel is already available!?!

abuihsan

Jul 16, 2012
Banten
Hi, this is exactly what I want to do, would you please tell me where you get the stock 6802 kernel? what firmware version is it from? Thanks

any FTF will do, but if you really want want 'stock' then flash the kernel from a c6802 .757 FTF
@abuihsan Do you still have write for root, or just read access?

As for kernel I used 6802 FTF with flashtool (WIPE: unchecked all. EXCLUDE: checked all but LEAVE the kernel UNCHECKED). But that was on .681 and yes not partial root. It was full root.
I tried those method on .757 and only got partial root.
So maybe you want to try THIS METHOD. Please read carefully. It works for me but not for someone who also tried.

On both method I used Indonesian c6802 FTF. And the 757.img is from jackie's too (from related thread).

Last edited:

coolmingli

Jan 16, 2013
San Francisco
As for kernel I used 6802 FTF with flashtool (WIPE: unchecked all. EXCLUDE: checked all but LEAVE the kernel UNCHECKED). But that was on .681 and yes not partial root. It was full root.
I tried those method on .757 and only got partial root.
So maybe you want to try THIS METHOD. Please read carefully. It works for me but not for someone who also tried.

On both method I used Indonesian c6802 FTF. And the 757.img is from jackie's too (from related thread).

I dont kknow you can do that, this is smart, exclude everything except the kernel, but I am not sure if it will work, can someone confirm?

abuihsan

Jul 16, 2012
Banten
I dont kknow you can do that, this is smart, exclude everything except the kernel, but I am not sure if it will work, can someone confirm?

Please be carefull. Flash exclude everything except the kernel was the last step to get stock kernel back (because after 'fastboot flash boot .img' it will make the phone run with custom kernel) so the phone will boot after restoring TA.

EDIT:
@coolmingli, please make sure to read a warning below this post.
Thanks @blueether.

Last edited:

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
be carefull just flashing kernel with flashtool, that is what created several hundred z1 and a few ZU bricks.

Unless you know what you are doing always flash... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2574764
So always be sure, when flashing parts of a 290 or 136 ftf, you flash, at the very least:
KERNEL, ELABEL, BOOTBUNDLE, AND BASEBAND so that there is no risk of a mismatch.
Let's refer to it as the KEBB group. Easy to remember :p

Make sure that these all match first before flashing just a kernel. If you started with a full flash of the 757 FTF you will be ok

Reactions: abuihsan

coolmingli

Jan 16, 2013
San Francisco
Hi, I know this kernel has dual recovery, but every time I boot in into recovery mode it is the TWRP, can someone enlighten me how do I switch to CWM? Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

be carefull just flashing kernel with flashtool, that is what created several hundred z1 and a few ZU bricks.

Unless you know what you are doing always flash... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2574764

Make sure that these all match first before flashing just a kernel. If you started with a full flash of the 757 FTF you will be ok

I am learning how to extract kernel from ftf now, it is doable for me I think, I will extract the kernel from the same ftf that I flashed to my phone.

Thanks you all.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Hi, I know this kernel has dual recovery, but every time I boot in into recovery mode it is the TWRP, can someone enlighten me how do I switch to CWM? Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

I am learning how to extract kernel from ftf now, it is doable for me I think, I will extract the kernel from the same ftf that I flashed to my phone.

Thanks you all.

If you already have the FTF installed/flashed there isn't a problem.

Also you dont have to extract the kernel from the ftf to just flash that, just use flashtool, select the FTF, make sure no wipes are selected [top box] and then exclude everything except what you want to flash - so in this case just have the kernel un-ticked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kernel is repacked from kernel in C6833 14.3.A.0.681
    It should work for C6802 C6833 and C6806 114.3.A.0.681.

ONLY FOR UNLOCKED DEVICES!!!

Features:
    Dual Recovery (CWM+TWRP)
    Sony_RIC Disabled

You can root your device easily by flashing supersu.zip in recovery

Kernel Download:https://mega.co.nz/#!w1UwiQaY!2ojG5TR6CpDRXeVAkRoPcLQW1-Sh7ZoeanOHvq44aPU
    SuperSU Download:https://mega.co.nz/#!t18y2SRb!WwXemirwFBTqpxeNYrJJLC1jwH7R13NQE-uU7yEBk2Y

Easy HOW-TO flash guide:
    Code:
    fastboot.exe flash boot 681.img

Thanks @Chainfire for his SuperSU.

Here is a video root guide from @hamdogg, Thank you!
    ill make one for 757 right after going back home on friday.
    Ok... seems to be a lot of people having problems. The guide is pretty easy, but if coming from a different device (samsung, HTC) then it is different. I made a little video. Hope it helps iron out some edges that you can't get over...

Shove that in the OP if you think it helps Jak
    Hai guys I have stock cellphone with. 681 is it possible to root?

Inviato dal mio C6833 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello "Luca_vivi" yes it is possible to root your phone, however, as suggested by "blueether" you will have to read some threads. Resuming it, it doesn't seem to be possible to root your phone without downgrading your firmware (for exemple to .532), or unlocking your bootloader first. The problem is, when unlocking the bootloader you will loose an important partition of your phone (TA partition), and without root you can't backup that partition! So, in order to do that, you have to:
    1 - downgrade your firmware via flash tool;
    2 - Root you phone;
    3 - Backup the TA partition;
    4 - Unlock the bootloader;
    5 - Flash again the .681 firmware via flash tool;
    6 - Flash the proposed kernel on this thread via flash tool;
    7 - Installing the superuser via custom recovery;
    8 - update te superuser binary if needed.

Take a look to this thread from "lordManhattan": http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2569904

Good luck! :)