May 1, 2011
Mount Pearl
www.freedom-cig.com
Purpose:

To save time restoring your system apps frozen state after install a new ROM

Notes:

1. Batch functions ONLY affect apps LISTED in the Backup/Restore Tab
2. Labels allow you to save lists of specific apps
3. Make sure Auto-sync TB settings is checked in Preferences(or you may lose your labels with wipe).
4. It seems there are issues with labels not being restored after a wipe. I am working on a solution.

Steps for Setup:

1. Freeze and test until you are happy with the frozen system apps/bloatware
2. Go to Filters section and create a label. Call it Frozen.
3. Make sure the new label you created in UNCHECKED
4. Filter by all currently frozen apps. (not the new label you created)
5. Go back to the list of apps, only frozen apps should be listed.
6. One by one HOLD press each frozen app and tap "Assign Label" and select the new label you created i.e "Frozen"

The next time you install a new ROM:

1. Go to filters. Select your newly created label and Check it.
2. Go back to your list and all your labeled apps should be listed.
3. Press menu > Batch > Freeze all All User & System Apps
4. Done.

Last edited:

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
Hey OP..

update it to this instead. faster than 1 by 1.

We will take frozen apps as an example. So first, freeze the apps you want.
Filter by frozen: Hit MENU -> Filters -> Filter by temperature -> Frozen -> Apply
Now you're seeing only the frozen apps in the list.
Create a label containing frozen apps: Now hit MENU -> Filters -> Create label -> Add/remove elements -> Select shown elements -> OK
Edit the name and hit "Save" to save the label.
To reset the filtering and see the full list again: Hit "Clear" -> "Apply".
Remember to enable the "Auto-sync TB settings" option in the Titanium Backup preferences, so that your custom labels get automatically copied to your SD card.

Taken directly from http://matrixrewriter.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=TB+-+Technical+FAQ

scooterbaga

Oct 25, 2012
Create a label containing frozen apps: Now hit MENU -> Filters -> Create label -> Add/remove elements -> Select shown elements -> OK

I knew with something as robust as TiBu that this feature had to exist. I spent hours trying to find out how to actually do it. THANK YOU.

You'd think something as handy as "assign label to filter results" or "assign label to multiple" would've been easier to find...

Love TiBu, but damn if it isn't a bit of a cluster.

finbarr1969

Oct 10, 2006
Derby,UK
Hey OP..

Filter by frozen: Hit MENU -> Filters -> Filter by temperature -> Frozen -> Apply
Remember to enable the "Auto-sync TB settings" option in the Titanium Backup preferences, so that your custom labels get automatically copied to your SD card.

Taken directly from http://matrixrewriter.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=TB+-+Technical+FAQ

Hi,

Thank you for a great guide. I followed your instructions to the letter and now have a complete filter of my Frozen bloatware. I have since uninstalled the bloatware having left it in deep freeze for plenty of time to check out how my system behaves.

However, when I now add an App to my 'Frozen' filter it automatically uninstalls it! I would expect it to simply label it as Frozen NOT remove it completely. Am I missing something?

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
Hi,

Thank you for a great guide. I followed your instructions to the letter and now have a complete filter of my Frozen bloatware. I have since uninstalled the bloatware having left it in deep freeze for plenty of time to check out how my system behaves.

However, when I now add an App to my 'Frozen' filter it automatically uninstalls it! I would expect it to simply label it as Frozen NOT remove it completely. Am I missing something?

Hey,

I just tried the procedure again on my phone and it seems to work fine on my end.

I simply followed the steps above and to try and recreate your issue I long clicked an app -> Assign Labels -> Checked my "Stuff Frozen" Label.

When I then filter for that label it doesn't show the newly added app as frozen as I didn't freeze it.

Are you running the latest version of TiBu?

Reactions: finbarr1969

finbarr1969

Oct 10, 2006
Derby,UK
Hey,

I just tried the procedure again on my phone and it seems to work fine on my end.

I simply followed the steps above and to try and recreate your issue I long clicked an app -> Assign Labels -> Checked my "Stuff Frozen" Label.

When I then filter for that label it doesn't show the newly added app as frozen as I didn't freeze it.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am running the latest version.

The only difference to how you've highlighted above is that my App is already frozen, then when I assign it to my Frozen label it gets uninstalled.

Just tried it your way with an unfrozen app. Added it to my 'Frozen' label and after a reboot it's gone, uninstalled.

Is there a setting somewhere that I have told it that my 'Frozen' labelled apps should be automatically removed?

Thanks again for your help

phoenixgfx

Mar 5, 2014
I will definitely try this. Before I used tools that backed up apps and when I load a new rom I have to individually restore those apps.

This should save alot of time.

bwb8771

Feb 27, 2008
HEADS-UP! "Titanium Backup: (filter) labels are not restored" By BelgianAtheist, Senior Member on 15th February 2011, 03:15 PM

What I did (after hours of unsuccessfull attempts) :

1- In my new phone (Xiaomi Mi Note 2 > XMN2), I've launch a fresh TitaniumBackup, I've created a dummy label, and in settings, I've ticked "Auto-sync setting TB". This method has created a : (Internal memory) > SDCARD:/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/settings/ folder

2- From my previous phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 3 > SGN3) I've taken and copied to my XMN2 all files in (Internal memory) > SDCARD:/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/settings/ EXCEPT the : databases~sysinfo file.

3- In my XMN2, Ive delete all files in (ROOT) > /data/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/databases/*.* (beware, do not delete the ./databases folder, but all files inside... thus you won't mess with permission's folder (I guess so!))

4- From my SGN3, I've taken and copied to my XMN2 ONLY those 2 files : (ROOT) > /data/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/databases/... custom + filters

5- In my XMN2, I've just restarted TitaniumBackup from menu >> restart application in bottom. And there, I've finally recover back my hundreds labelled application. Settings don't seem to be restored, but, i do not care about that. As I was able to spend hours trying to restore labels, I'll certainly can spend 10 min to setup again my new settings...
Source: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73730069&postcount=41

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey OP..

Purpose:

To save time restoring your system apps frozen state after install a new ROM

Notes:

1. Batch functions ONLY affect apps LISTED in the Backup/Restore Tab
    2. Labels allow you to save lists of specific apps
    3. Make sure Auto-sync TB settings is checked in Preferences(or you may lose your labels with wipe).
    4. It seems there are issues with labels not being restored after a wipe. I am working on a solution.

Steps for Setup:

1. Freeze and test until you are happy with the frozen system apps/bloatware
    2. Go to Filters section and create a label. Call it Frozen.
    3. Make sure the new label you created in UNCHECKED
    4. Filter by all currently frozen apps. (not the new label you created)
    5. Go back to the list of apps, only frozen apps should be listed.
    6. One by one HOLD press each frozen app and tap "Assign Label" and select the new label you created i.e "Frozen"

The next time you install a new ROM:

1. Go to filters. Select your newly created label and Check it.
    2. Go back to your list and all your labeled apps should be listed.
    3. Press menu > Batch > Freeze all All User & System Apps
    4. Done.
    Hi,

Hey,