FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you like to have the tabs at the bottom like in iOS?

Yes please!

120 Vote(s)
66.30%
No way!

61 Vote(s)
33.70%

[ROM] Hyperion 8 GM Final Build - Expansion Pack v.1.2

577 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,204

Post Reply Email Thread
25th November 2013, 03:37 PM |#501  
Flag Pasir Mas, Kelantan
Thanks Meter: 583

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.r.e.e.d

Guys two questions:

1 will someone give me a link to savie kernel as i couldn't find it on google and xda. Also, is it a good kernel got this rom?

2 do tweaks like pure performances and high velocity work on this?

Sent from my dark, nebula slicing muffin. *zing*

1. If you have a Facebook account, you can join XDA Galaxy Youngliness at Facebook and search it there.

2. Sure, but any mods sometimes can screw up your phone or working without any problems.

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

25th November 2013, 04:09 PM |#502  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 118

Donate to Me
More
The built.in rom kernel, i only flashed the rom hyperion 8 free gmb, rilfix and expansion pack i didn't use any other kernel

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda app-developers app
25th November 2013, 04:15 PM |#503  
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqman98

1. If you have a Facebook account, you can join XDA Galaxy Youngliness at Facebook and search it there.

2. Sure, but any mods sometimes can screw up your phone or working without any problems.

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

Is it safe to flash icon packs on this rom? Also, can u tell me the latest savie kernel? Why isn't it on xda?

25th November 2013, 04:35 PM |#504  
Flag Brescia
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.r.e.e.d

Is it safe to flash icon packs on this rom? Also, can u tell me the latest savie kernel? Why isn't it on xda?

Savie's kernel was removed for problem with sources

Inviato dal mio ME173X utilizzando Tapatalk
26th November 2013, 06:56 AM |#505  
Flag Dagupan City
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardroid-xda

Boot animation on hyperion is using simple like stock samsung animation, then if you want change or anything
instal bootanimation enabler to make bootanimation.zip is work

So I'll just flash the bootanimation_enabler.zip from here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1576084, then after flashing, I can now change the bootanimation.zip?
The Following User Says Thank You to jephimax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jephimax Ad-Free
26th November 2013, 08:56 AM |#506  
Flag Chania Krete
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Thumbs up language pack GR missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlDeanCatabay

BUG TRACKER
  • Lost IMEI | Emergency Calls Only | Not Registered to Network
    -New firmwares for GT-S5360 such as DXLL1, DXMA1, DDMD1 have new RIL file which supports new kernel with the latest RAMDisk. The thing is, most of the kernels we have here does not have the newest RAMDisk which causes the issue. Your IMEI is there, it's not erased or went to a mall for shopping, it's hidden. It doesn't want you to find him. He's bad and I bet he feels bad by now.

SOLUTION

-Flash a kernel with latest RAMDisk that supports new RIL. There is a good reason why Hyperion does not come with a kernel aside from the sticky thread over there about GPL. Seriously, can't find this GPL crackdown thing in GS4 threads. Perhaps we are that special, but that's the rule. We live by the rules.

UPDATE
    -RIL Fix flashable zip: HYPERION-08.GM-RIL.FIX
    -Credits to Nitzz for the fix. You can read more about this on his THREAD
  • Scrolling Bug
    -Let me get this straight, this is not a bug. It's called SuperSmooth Scroll tweak. To achieve this, we disabled ScrollingCache in framework.jar. This is a system-wide tweak and affects almost all apk you installed as well as all the stock apps that came with the ROM.

-We removed scrolling cache to eliminate scrolling lag on apps. I don't understand why there are people who are annoyed by this. But if you insist that this is annoying and you want to fix something that's not broken, here's the info you need:

[ANDROID_PACKAGES_FRAMEWORK_FRAMEWORK_JAR]
    -ABS_LIST_VIEW: createScrollingCacheEnabled: 0x0
    -ABS_LIST_VIEW: initAbsListView: v2
    -ABS_LIST_VIEW: setScrollingCacheEnabled: disabled
  • Jumping Music Playback Volume Level
    So lately few folks are reporting about jumping volume level when changing tracks in music player. We are not really sure whether to consider this as a bug or just plain lack of media file management.

The thing is, accept it or not, almost everybody in the world didn't purchase the music tracks they're listening too. Most probably it's from torrents or plain web rip of MP3 files but who cares? Does it have anything to do with this issue? -YES! Indeed!

On final build we re-introduced the a modified sound equalizer (forked from CyanogenMod) and on this build, there is an option to enable and disabled dynamic ranged compression. This option is most noticeable depending on your MP3 file's bit rate and/or acoustic sound level. If the volume jumps when a certain music track is played, that is most probably caused by higher acoustic sound level or lower sound level.

SOLUTION

To resolve the issue, you have 2 options:
    • Disable Dynamic Range Compression as the effect of this option is barely noticeable if you are not using studio quality headphones.

• Adjust the song playback level using iTunes
      This is the only tool/app I know that can batch adjust your music files playback sound to the same level. To do that, follow the steps below:
      1. Open iTunes (10.x or higher)
      2. Drag all your MP3 files to iTunes's Music Library
      3. At the upper left corner of iTunes you will find menu bar
      4. Select Edit > Playback tab > Sound Check (Automatically adjust song payback volume to the same level)
      5. Wait for it to finish adjusting the playback sound level of your files
      6. Close iTunes and copy the files from your computer to your device

Hi weldone. really nice work !!Just a quote -prob I am missing the Gr lanquage.!Can you help me install full language pack ??Thanks and keep up the awesome work
1st December 2013, 10:06 PM |#507  
Are there any kernels that have not had any reports of wifi issues with Hyperion?

My wifi has so far not worked with Hells Fusion (even after flashing DHD fix 1.0 & 1.1), Percy GNU, and stock.

I really like the look of this ROM, but wifi is a dealbreaker as it is the type of connection I mainly use.
2nd December 2013, 03:34 AM |#508  
Flag Iloilo City

Donate to Me
More
same issue with me wifi didn't work after flashing expansion pack any suggestion?
2nd December 2013, 03:44 AM |#509  
Flag Haveri
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r25txe

Are there any kernels that have not had any reports of wifi issues with Hyperion?

My wifi has so far not worked with Hells Fusion (even after flashing DHD fix 1.0 & 1.1), Percy GNU, and stock.

I really like the look of this ROM, but wifi is a dealbreaker as it is the type of connection I mainly use.

no wifi problem im using with percy gnu
what error u got in wifi....
2nd December 2013, 04:06 AM |#510  
Flag Iloilo City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlc07

no wifi problem im using with percy gnu
what error u got in wifi....

after flashing exoansion pack wifi is akways obtaining ip adress and cannot connect
2nd December 2013, 04:17 AM |#511  
Flag Haveri
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badagila

after flashing exoansion pack wifi is akways obtaining ip adress and cannot connect

try to wipe dalvik cache...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)