[Kernel][2.2][1.3ghz]DragonMODz Nightly#3(Smartass/Scary/)[8/26/2011][1:40pm]

Search This thread

rubbamade

Jul 13, 2009
Idk why DoW might b doing that, but with this one I cant say anything cuz its being tested. It shouldnt as the voltages arent high so not mouch risk there, and its really just a basic OC kernel till voltage and clock testing is finished, then i'll be adding voodoo,bln,etc.

You can take comfort and know I have been running this myself for 2 days now, I would not post something I wasnt willing to/was testing myself at the same time, so anything that happens to you will happen to me =)

sounds good...ill give it a shot...

edit: well kinda...your phone isnt going to 1.4ghz...lol

E

ECOTOX

sounds good...ill give it a shot...

edit: well kinda...your phone isnt going to 1.4ghz...lol

Lol, and my phone wont run any clock when i put the voltage past 1350mv, itll run 1.4ghz @ 1350mv till I do anything CPU intensive, then its done. if I go to 1375mv 1.3 breaks and I cant run it, 1400-1450mv 1.2 breaks and my phone slows to a crawl.My old Vibrant would go 1.4ghz no problem.....to bad the usb port went out on it =/

Reactions: duboi97

rubbamade

Jul 13, 2009
"voodoo lagfix now disabled" flashing now!

edit: my phone just turned into a genie and gave me 3 wishes!

edit: no really though..it froze on first boot...will try again....should i have disabled setcpu or cpupro, etc.. first?

Last edited:

shownuff

Aug 7, 2010
clearwater florida
serious?

And you dont see me complaing that BlackIce got jacked, and the look as well.
This whole dev community went to **** quick, which is one of the reasons I left.
Im just saying that people might get confused, and flash this thinking it's tt's kernel, and if there were issues, go to tt with complaints.

I seen the name and I wasn't confused. And I am pretty new to this community. I mean no disrespect what's so ever by saying this. If it isn't your work. Then let it ride. Let TT say something. Don't speak on other peoples behalf. Kind of lame. If you left this community from your respectable reasons. Then why come back and say something. OPEN SOURCE is the key.
Let the new guys do there thing. They are helping and we need all the help we can get. ECOTOX keep up the good work. I sound lame too. I am not sticking up for this person. I am just stating that we need the diversity. Krylon you are very talented. You left us. Which is okay. Nobody hated on you. I like XDA. There's always something cool to flash.

Reactions: ECOTOX

rubbamade

Jul 13, 2009
2nd boot went fine...ran quadrant and....getting about 1050...stick some voodoo in this ***** and lets get it on!

only thing is..how do i know if its going up to 1400mhz? when i check system info in quadrant...it says max is 1400mhz but current is only 1200mhz...i know what you said about the load...but ...how can i be sure its getting 1400mhz?

edit: ok downloaded setcpu..i am getting 1400mhz...so far performance setting is a NO...i just tried ondemand and that was working but froze later...so a NO...set to conservative and its more stable...but i am not getting the short bench times i was on even ondemand...i got as low as 130ms on ondemand but it froze upon exit of SetCPU...ran conservative and got 150's...runs smooth...

just cant wait for voodoo...more for the sound improvements!

Last edited:

jcc332006

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 18, 2007
Los Angeles
And you dont see me complaing that BlackIce got jacked, and the look as well.
This whole dev community went to **** quick, which is one of the reasons I left.
Im just saying that people might get confused, and flash this thinking it's tt's kernel, and if there were issues, go to tt with complaints.

Did black Ice get jacked? No offense man. I never flashed your frost rom or any other rom by you to know what it looked like. Toxic Heroes must be psychic or something cause I swear we never seen frost or black frost or whatever you were suppose to release. :) Peace Dude!:D

E

ECOTOX

2nd boot went fine...ran quadrant and....getting about 1050...stick some voodoo in this ***** and lets get it on!

only thing is..how do i know if its going up to 1400mhz? when i check system info in quadrant...it says max is 1400mhz but current is only 1200mhz...i know what you said about the load...but ...how can i be sure its getting 1400mhz?

You can trust me =) I tested it for 2 days before the 2days I'm running stable. It does reach 1.4 but ONLY under load, such as Quadrant. You can run it as many times as you like, also run linpack and you will see around ~18 - 19mflops. If your not stable @ 1.4 your phone WILL LOCK UP, its not a might with this one, it will =P

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ECOTOX

Did black Ice get jacked? No offense man. I never flashed your frost rom or any other rom by you to know what it looked like. Toxic Heroes must be psychic or something cause I swear we never seen frost or black frost or whatever you were suppose to release. :) Peace Dude!:D

Lets leave Krylon alone now guys, I dont want my thread closed. Its done and over with, no need for further discussion on it.

rubbamade

Jul 13, 2009
ok..im posting like a madman...left setcpu set at conservative...started running quadrant..and it froze going up the stairs..will try again.

edit: ok...i froze again...was letting it sit for a second to cool down...and it froze...i wasnt getting a slowing issue..it was fast as all hell...but it keeps freezing on me...gonna go back to overstock for now...will wait for more stable version

Last edited:
E

ECOTOX

ok..im posting like a madman...left setcpu set at conservative...started running quadrant..and it froze going up the stairs..will try again.

edit: ok...i froze again...was letting it sit for a second to cool down...and it froze...i wasnt getting a slowing issue..it was fast as all hell...but it keeps freezing on me...gonna go back to overstock for now...will wait for more stable version

Thanks for testing =) so did it freeze on 1.4ghz then?

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
My phone was running great @ 1.3 ( froze @1.4 while playng asphalt) then downloaded lastest gingerclone 6 by eugene today (running gingerclone 5) and click quickboot app to boot into recovery to flash the new rom and my phone it's now stuck at the vibrant logo screen.

I'm able to get into download mode, but not into recovery :confused:

please check into that.

will odin back to stock once I get home.

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
Hey Ecotox - any updated news on this? It seems like it'll be an exciting kernel, especially with voodoo. My phone ran run at 1.4ghz fine. I'd love to test that 1.5Ghz if you needs testers.

Thanks for your work - look forward to more roms from you.

Glen

Last edited:
E

ECOTOX

Hey Ecotox - any updated news on this? It seems like it'll be an exciting kernel, especially with voodoo. My phone ran run at 1.4ghz fine. I'd love to test that 1.5Ghz if you needs testers.

Thanks for your work - look forward to more roms from you.

Glen

I'm getting most of the features ironed out then gonna do the 1.5ghz =) so within the next week it will b up for testing

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charbo and glensta

bbm21

Jul 24, 2010
my phone runs fine at 1.4ghz using the dragon kernel and fine on the 1.42ghz bullet oc but it freezes at 1.4 on this one...

but it works good at 1.3 sticking with it for now.. get high processor score on quadrant even when not oc'd good job :)

Last edited:
E

ECOTOX

my phone runs fine at 1.4ghz using the dragon kernel and fine on the 1.42ghz bullet oc but it freezes at 1.4 on this one...

but it works good at 1.3 sticking with it for now.. get high processor score on quadrant even when not oc'd good job :)

They use higher volts then I do, I'm trying to find the min for mose people...ill be bumping up to 1425mv next update.....Cool, I dont have the paid quadrant so i can only see the single bar, so I had no idea the proc score was up even without OC

bbm21

Jul 24, 2010
They use higher volts then I do, I'm trying to find the min for mose people...ill be bumping up to 1425mv next update.....Cool, I dont have the paid quadrant so i can only see the single bar, so I had no idea the proc score was up even without OC

Ya its a great kernel glad to no 1.4ghz will be working soon :)

Also if you add support for user control voltages via the voltage control app and then ask for what voltages people used you could get a wider testing range for when this exits beta... just an idea you do your thing and thanks :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    E
    ECOTOX
    changelog.jpg

( * means its been completed and is in the kernel)

moreinfo.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

1. What about SETCPU?
    What about it? You can use w/e cpu OC tool you want

2.Where can I find out whats all in this Kernel?
    Click on the link under CHANGELOG, I will update it with every change as they are completed

3.Why dont I get #### in Quadrant?
    Quadrant is dated and is easily changed based on I/O and RAM. Use a better Benchmark like Nenamark, Smartbench2011, or Antutu Benchmark.

4.Can I use this is XYZ ROM?
    OF COURSE! =} just credit me

5.Where can I get the latest news on anything your Doing?
    my Twitter, link in the Sig

6. Will DragonMODz be for anything other then Tmobile GalaxyS/Samsung phones?
    If someone else wants to do it sure =P I'm only one guy

Screen off Profiles are not needed or recommended on this kernel (its got it handled =P)

thanks.jpg

---------------------------------------
    Morfic for Help and answering questions
    laststufo for posting his sources (very helpful even though not for vibrant, just for ref.)
    cmenard for TONS of question answering (I havent done much kernel work =3)
    Supercurio for Voodoo (and great Documentation)
    hardcore (his tweaks)
    and anyone else I forgot
    -------------------------------------------

sources.jpg

--------------------------------------------------
    https://github.com/ECOTOX

if you want just the patches

https://github.com/ECOTOX/DragonMOD_KernelPatch_Files
    ------------------------------------------

download.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NIGHTLY

[/CENTER]
    E
    ECOTOX
    Just so people know, this kernel will stay @ 800mhz or less most of the time, you have to actually put load on the cpu for it to clock up (benchs, gaming,etc)
    E
    ECOTOX
    I have only tested on 2.2, 2.2.1 will probably have issues. If u run 2.2.1 & it didn't work then that might b the problem and ill need to add support for 2.2.1

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    E
    ECOTOX
    2.2 ROM is being discontinued, switching to IcS work. 2.2 kernel will get one more major update then it will go into maintenance phase. there are plenty of 2.2 roms out there so I feel mine isn't needed. Kernel on the other hand will bring much needed performance, feature, and security enhancements from 2.3

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    E
    ECOTOX
    ok guys, update with Smartass Governor Up =] Now switched to Proper Naming and Versioning

Changelog Updated, Now switching to Proper Changeloging