FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

CM7 for Kindle Fire (aka standing on the shoulders Giants)

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 264

By whistlestop, Member on 14th December 2011, 02:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th January 2012, 11:35 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Totally optional. I never mess with it. Battery life and performance is good enough for me, though that is supposed to make it even better.

sent from my CM7 Kindle Fire using xda Premium

28th January 2012, 11:51 PM |#1002  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 52

More
One other question. All my books are intact in the sdcard. I installed the Kindle reader, but it doesn't want to see them. It shows the books in the Amazon market, but when I click "On Device", none appear.

Perhaps in the wrong location for the Kindle Reader???
28th January 2012, 11:56 PM |#1003  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,294

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_fine

One other question. All my books are intact in the sdcard. I installed the Kindle reader, but it doesn't want to see them. It shows the books in the Amazon market, but when I click "On Device", none appear.

Perhaps in the wrong location for the Kindle Reader???

Yes, they are in /Books on Amazon ROM, I moved them to /kindle with CM7. Most were fine, but some had to be re-downloaded to the KF from Amazon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
29th January 2012, 02:02 AM |#1004  
Flag Kent, OH
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Freeze them in TB. There's a tread on safe to remove/freeze apps

Inspire 4G - CM 7.2 Nightly - TalonACE
29th January 2012, 02:40 AM |#1005  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

Yes, they are in /Books on Amazon ROM, I moved them to /kindle with CM7. Most were fine, but some had to be re-downloaded to the KF from Amazon.

You have to kill the kindle service first and when you restart it will rescan the kindle folder on SD

/sdcard/kindle

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
29th January 2012, 02:56 AM |#1006  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Just wanted to say, this is my first experience with a non-stock ROM. On my Galaxy S2, I'm waiting for ICS so haven't bothered, but I took the leap today, and for anyone sitting on the fence, it's fantastic. Everything works, and it's now a full-featured tablet with access to the entire Android market.

So many more menus and settings. So much more control. Much easier to use.

Thank you again developers.
29th January 2012, 05:12 AM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
So I followed the instructions to build from source, did that and compiled. I flash my update zip, it says its installing, I reboot and it goes through the fire screen but then the screen stays black and nothing happens, all the files seem to be there so I'm not sure why I did wrong.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
29th January 2012, 05:22 AM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 4,499

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimp Killah

So I followed the instructions to build from source, did that and compiled. I flash my update zip, it says its installing, I reboot and it goes through the fire screen but then the screen stays black and nothing happens, all the files seem to be there so I'm not sure why I did wrong.

I just did the same but without any issues. Built CM7 and installed the generated update-squished.zip with no issues. I did a cache/dalvik wipe before installing my build on top of whistlestop's update-cm7-wipeall.zip from 011312.

I like the backported ICS rotation aninmations...
29th January 2012, 05:46 AM |#1009  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Does anyone know how to install an edu email address on the stock email app

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium
29th January 2012, 06:02 AM |#1010  
Flag Wetumpka
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devastater

I have been using this rom for awhile now. Thank you for it is sweet. I was having some force close problems so i reinstalled wiping everything and used the wipe all update.zip My question is regarding the keyboard i was suee that before i reinstalled my predictive text dictionary was working and i had all the numbers across the top. I dont now. Am i missing something?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Make sure the language is set correctly for the keyboard you're using. Mine was set wrong, although I don't recall what it was set on, and changing it fixed those exact issues for both of my KFs.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
29th January 2012, 06:49 AM |#1011  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bline007

Does anyone know how to install an edu email address on the stock email app

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

uhh yes but you gave literally no information to allow for someone to help. what configs do you know exist? theres a million possibilities out there

Exchange? What version? POP? Peer?

If you dont know.. then simply call up the campus IT people. Dont tell them anything about your ROM, thatll complicate things.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, fire, kindle, sound, video

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)