My Nexus 5 with KITKAT 4.4.2 and GEAR(null_17 ROM)

Search This thread

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Nothing in accessibility

I think you may be onto something
When I compare to s4, it has heaps of gear related services/process running

s4:
SANotiProvider: 1 process and 0 services
SAMusicProvider: 1 process and 1 services
-Service: SAMusicProviderImpl
GearManager: 3 process and 2 services
- Service: ManagerProviderService
- Service:BManagerConnectionService
- Process: Gear Manager
- Process: Samsung Accessory Service
- Process: SAFTCore
SAContactProvider: 1 process and 6 services
- Service: SAContactProviderImpl
- Service: SALogProviderImpl
- Service: SAAlarmProviderImpl
- Service: SecCallHandlerProviderService
- Service: SACalendarProviderImpl
- Service: FindMyPhoneProviderService
SACameraTransferService: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: SACameraTransferService
Update Gear software: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: XDMService
SAPedometerProvider: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: SAProviderService
SAPedometerProvider: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: SAConsumerService
SVoiceProvider: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: SVoiceProviderService
SVoiceProvider: 1 process and 2 services
- Service: WeatherProviderBackServiceService
- Service: WeatherProviderService
TextTemplateProvider: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: TextTemplateService
SAVoiceMemoProvider: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: SAVoiceMemoProviderService

n5:
Samsung Accessory Service: 1 process and 2 services
- Service: SAFrameworkService
- Service: SAAcessoryDiscover..
GearManager: 1 process and 1 services
- Service:BManagerConnectionService
Update Gear software: 1 process and 1 services
- Service: XDMService
SAPedometerProvider: 0 process and 1 services
- Service: SAConsumerService

I tried looking into starting service with Tasker, but no luck
When I try and launch service via adb, all I get is Error: not found: no service started.
When I try and launch process via adb, all I get is Error: Activity not started, unable to resolve Intent
I think my problem is that intents are incorrect
I've attached manifest xml for gear manager and notifier

I believe if we get all the initial gear manager APK's installed succesfully it will start the services and will be in the clear...

The only APK I cant get installed is the music provider APK (SAMusicProvider_signed)... if you can figure that one out ! We may have a completely working gear manager.

I think its looking for Samsung music player APK, if you can pull it from your S4 and push it to your nexus ?

Brendo

I believe if we get all the initial gear manager APK's installed succesfully it will start the services and will be in the clear...

The only APK I cant get installed is the music provider APK (SAMusicProvider_signed)... if you can figure that one out ! We may have a completely working gear manager.

I think its looking for Samsung music player APK, if you can pull it from your S4 and push it to your nexus ?
I'll try that and the weather later
I've just tried a whole heap of xposed modules, but they only stop services/processes from running at startup, can't force anything to run...yet

xsaqzw

Dec 8, 2010
Focus on getting music provider working, I know how to get weather working already...

Please figure all this out guys!!! I appreciate all the work so far already, though.

I have a Pebble Watch, and I love it. But I would switch to the gear in a hearbeat, as long as it had (basically) full functionality with my Nexus 5! If you were able to compile all of these installs and whatever else you have to do into one APK that I can push over to my phone, that would make this perfect.

I'll be keeping an eye out! :good:

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I think we may need to compile our own version of the apk at some stage as it is too hard to edit

From what I've read (quickly), the music apk needs touchwiz. I'm going to try a ported version (if it exists)

I dont believe it does... I know the weather requires touchwiz... it can easily be pulled from a touchwiz rom and put on CM11.. I have done this already and weather did work as expected.

Although music on the other hand is differnet, I think it requires some other APK's..

Code:
  private static final String ACTION_MUSIC_ADD_FAVORITE = "com.sec.android.app.music.intent.action.ADD_FAVORITE";
  private static final String ACTION_MUSIC_HIDE_WIDGET = "com.sec.android.app.music.intent.action.HIDE_CONTEXTUAL_WIDGET";
  private static final String ACTION_MUSIC_META_CHANGED = "com.android.music.metachanged";
  private static final String ACTION_MUSIC_NOTIFY_SETTING_CHANGE = "com.sec.android.app.music.intent.action.REQUEST_NOTIFY_SETTING_CHANGE";
  private static final String ACTION_MUSIC_PLAYSTATE_CHANGED = "com.android.music.playstatechanged";
  private static final String ACTION_MUSIC_REMOVE_FAVORITE = "com.sec.android.app.music.intent.action.REMOVE_FAVORITE";
  private static final String ACTION_MUSIC_SETTING_CHANGE = "com.android.music.settingchanged";
  private static final String ACTION_MUSIC_SHOW_WIDGET = "com.sec.android.app.music.intent.action.SHOW_CONTEXTUAL_WIDGET";
  private static final String ACTION_MUSIC_STATUS_INFO = "com.sec.android.music.musicservicecommnad.mediainfo";
  private static final String ACTION_VIDEO_META_CHANGED = "com.sec.android.videoplayer.metachanged";
  private static final String ACTION_VIDEO_STATUS_INFO = "com.sec.android.videoplayer.playerstatus";

If we can track those APK's down..

Last edited:

Brendo

I dont believe it does... I know the weather requires touchwiz... it can easily be pulled from a touchwiz rom and put on CM11.. I have done this already and weather did work as expected.

Although music on the other hand is differnet, I think it requires some other APK's
Music seems different because it uses codecs, lockscreen/notification dropdown widgets, screen off volume skip, media scanner, etc

Mguttsche

Dec 2, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Although music on the other hand is differnet, I think it requires some other APK's..

What did you do to make the weather work?
Please share the apk and a install instruction.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: rcfcyl

rcfcyl

Oct 22, 2010
Has anyone got find my device working on the nexus 5? When I press start on the gear it seems to load something on the nexus but no sound plays or anything. Just a blank screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Oct 11, 2007
Has anyone got find my device working on the nexus 5? When I press start on the gear it seems to load something on the nexus but no sound plays or anything. Just a blank screen.

I have it installed on mine.

Is your N5 rooted and did you install all of the APKs?

rcfcyl

Oct 22, 2010
I have it installed on mine.

Is your N5 rooted and did you install all of the APKs?

Yep my N5 is rooted and all the APKs are installed. Are we talking about the same thing? This is the feature where you click "find my device" on the gear and then your phone is supposed to vibrate or something. All my phone does is load the gear app (with a black screen) and then do nothing

Oct 11, 2007
Yep my N5 is rooted and all the APKs are installed. Are we talking about the same thing? This is the feature where you click "find my device" on the gear and then your phone is supposed to vibrate or something. All my phone does is load the gear app (with a black screen) and then do nothing

Yes. In order for that feature to work the Gear Manager software needs to be installed on your phone and communicating with your watch.

what version of gear manager are you using?

rcfcyl

Oct 22, 2010
Yes. In order for that feature to work the Gear Manager software needs to be installed on your phone and communicating with your watch.

what version of gear manager are you using?

The gear manager software is up and running and communicating with my phone. The find my gear feature works perfectly. I'm on version 1.6.111801 of the gear manager and running null 17 on the gear. The find my device doesn't work at all. I'm also having problems with finding a Samsung weather apk, any leads on that?

Oct 11, 2007
Pair your phone and gear before you start the gear manager. Then choose the manual connection when you start gear manager.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

marcelo.guerra

Nov 6, 2010
hi to all, i want to share my experience (sorry for my english, i'm italian)
i have Nexus 5 phone and galaxy Gear(null_17 ROM).

Nexus 5 with KitKat 4.4.2
Galaxy Gear with V700XXUAMK7 with NULL_17 ROM
and watchstyler 1.0.9 (working) with Casio Skin

At first i installed gearmanagerstub.apk
after i just bring "gear manager 1.6 111801.apk" and renamed to "gear manager 1.6 111801.zip"
opened and bring all file in the folder "preinstalledapk"
and run all one by one excepted for "samusic" and "saweather" because fail to installing(but is ok).

after all manual apk installed also installed "gear manager 1.6 111801.apk"

and opened gear manager and start the gear and pairing it. (2 or 3 time but making same test and check and at final running)
if you come from old pairing with other gear manager version example 1.5 or 1.4 etc... just from your sdcard delete the folder ".BManager_backup"

for fix the notification i also installed ATNmanager 1.2.2.apk on the phone, and in the gear i already sended the version of "ATNmanager 1.2.3.1_pre"(only the watch.apk file inside) and i receive all notify on gear by this apps and working fine.
remeber to go in setting->security->allow ATNmanager to read notification

up to now
work:
contact
logs call
gallery
camera(make and send directly to the phone in gallery)
call and receive it.
voice record (record and send on phone, but play with file manager in "sdcard/Sounds/Galaxy_Gear/your recording file"
notification(ATNmanager APP)

no work:
weather
s voice

For me is a good Result

Domenico.

Thanks! Worked with Sony Xperia Z1 too!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

after i just bring "gear manager 1.6 111801.apk" and renamed to "gear manager 1.6 111801.zip"
    and run all one by one excepted for "samusic" and "saweather" because fail to installing(but is ok).

and opened gear manager and start the gear and pairing it. (2 or 3 time but making same test and check and at final running)
    if you come from old pairing with other gear manager version example 1.5 or 1.4 etc... just from your sdcard delete the folder ".BManager_backup"

for fix the notification i also installed ATNmanager 1.2.2.apk on the phone, and in the gear i already sended the version of "ATNmanager 1.2.3.1_pre"(only the watch.apk file inside) and i receive all notify on gear by this apps and working fine.

up to now
    work:
    contact
    logs call
    gallery
    call and receive it.
    voice record (record and send on phone, but play with file manager in "sdcard/Sounds/Galaxy_Gear/your recording file"

no work:
    weather
    s voice

For me is a good Result

Domenico.

up to now
    work:
    contact
    logs call
    gallery
    call and receive it.

no work:
    weather
    s voice

For me is a good Result

Domenico.
    You are such a nice guy,you helped me fix my gear where nobody could actually even give me a simple answer! You have my respect for that,should be a sticky on your post really !
    WORKING!

OK I was able to get this working and I will try my best to explain it for everyone so you can understand:

1. Uninstall any versions of ATNManger you already have installed
    • Install ATN Manager 1.2.2 on your "Phone" (In my case, Nexus 5), apk HERE
    • Install the "Watch.apk" inside ATN Manager 1.2.3.1_pre.apk on your "Galaxy Gear", apk HERE
    • Go to settings on your "Phone" and find security, inside there find "Notification Access" make sure ATN Manager is checked
    • Open ATN Manager on you "Phone" and check all apps that you want to get notifications from (example: Gmail, Hangouts, Google+, Facebook)
    • You should now get notifications on all of your apps that you checked, my wife even gets them for all her games.

Too bad it only lets you know you got a message and then you have to go to phone to see it, but you still get the notification if say your phone is on silent. Would be great if we could make this work from Nexus 5 through GearManager as it is better but no luck there for me.

Also while I am at it, here is how to get the WatchStyler app working so you can change your watch faces:

1. Open GearManager on your "Phone"
    • Connect to your Galaxy Gear
    • Click on Clocks to see the list of clocks
    • With Clocks open hit your home button to minimize Gear Manager
    • Install latest WatchStyler app (1.1.00) from HERE
    • Open WatchStyler app
    • Now open GearManager (that is still running) and you will then see the WatchStyler option, choose it
    • Make a new watch face in WatchStyler and then open GearManager
    • Choose the Gear next to WatchStyler and choose the watch face you just made and choose apply
    • You should now see your new watch face on your Galaxy Gear

Hope this helps everyone. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Focus on getting music provider working, I know how to get weather working already...

Any chance you could share how you got the weather working?

Also any luck at all getting the music working? Alternatively I am using an app called Media Remote installed on both my Nexus 5 and on the Galaxy Gear and they both talk so that I can Play, Pause, Skip and mute my music. Would be much nicer to get it working if possible.

Also many many thanks for the _Null ROM, running great and loving it!
    Are you kidding? Look at your last sentence. Just proves that people don't research on this board and that is the reason why developers get extremely put off. Stop being lazy and do your own research. As I have said, everything has been told to many people, even in the same thread. If you can't figure it out from the available information, maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I really don't get it why you have to be so negative,things like these should be in first page not for me to look for houres and read pages,some people have other things to do rather than browsing pages for houres,that's why i donate to people that do a good job so i don't have to do it myself. Thank you !
    Edit: All i'am saying organisation is key on this website,if there was a proper sticky and info, people would no have to ask in all threads about it. A post "how to make F'king gear manager working on non samsung devices" with 2 links and 3 words as the first guy just poset and voila ! Aparently you support messy information and useless posts.
    All I want to know is has anyone got pictures and video to sync on a non samsung phone? And what version of gear manager was that with? Hope these two questions can be answered thanks.