[Q] How-to root Verizon Android 4.3 on Note 2#

Search This thread

TX_Jax

Jan 8, 2014
SE AZ
Bought a phone that was previously rooted, and the seller 'graciously' updated the OS to Android 4.3.

Now, the phone will not enter the USB debugging mode. I have the choice of "use as media" and "use as camera.

Phone is Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605V) now running on the T-Mobile network. The "use mobile network for data" is on, but the antenna isn't coming on.

SuperSU is installed, but gives the "if you updated to Android 4.3, you must re-root the phone." I have rooted phones before, but . . .

Everything I find is about putting in in USB debugging mode and using ADB.

ADN does not find the device installed. . . using the Samsung USB driver, downloaded from Samsung.

There is no USB debugging mode. Help!

TX_Jax

Jan 8, 2014
SE AZ
Not only S4 . . .

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

I have been searching these forums for HOURS!!!!! Thank YOU so much!!!

Hope this helps others.

You know that is for the Galaxy S4 right? It is my understanding Kingo is the other way currently to root the OTA 4.3.

I understand that it is in the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Android Development forum, BUT . . .

I keyed in on these words: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and Android 4.3.

This rooting process should work with a wide range of Android devices, particularly those running Linux Kernel before 3.5.5 (which most Android 4.3 ROMs use.) It 's known to work for may GS4 variants and is harmless if it fails to work (no "Warranty Void" flags get set.)

This WORKED for MY Verizon Samsung Note 2 that is on I605VRUEMJ9 . . . . It worked flawlessly . . .

I cannot believe how long it took for me to find the "USB Debugging" option. smh

Last edited:
Reactions: jcollier

jcollier

Jan 11, 2008
Houston, TX
I understand that it is in the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Android Development forum, BUT . . .

This WORKED for MY Verizon Samsung Note 2 that is on I605VRUEMJ9 . . . . It worked flawlessly . . .

I cannot believe how long it took for me to find the "USB Debugging" option. smh

Excellent! Glad to see other options out there. :good:

jscoleman

Aug 16, 2010

This worked for me also. Thanks for the heads up!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not only S4 . . .

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

I have been searching these forums for HOURS!!!!! Thank YOU so much!!!

Hope this helps others.

You know that is for the Galaxy S4 right? It is my understanding Kingo is the other way currently to root the OTA 4.3.

This rooting process should work with a wide range of Android devices, particularly those running Linux Kernel before 3.5.5 (which most Android 4.3 ROMs use.) It 's known to work for may GS4 variants and is harmless if it fails to work (no "Warranty Void" flags get set.)