[guide] remap headset button to work with ultra

Search This thread

Pannam

Nov 4, 2012
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a re post or someone else has come up with a better alternative. Hopefully then a moderator will clean this thread.

As most of us have just migrated to ultra from different models, we may have a spare headset laying round. The issue here is most of the headset is just not compatible with ultra i.e the buttons don't function as we want it to. This is a guide that may help solve that problem getting the best out of our old headset or the ones from different models

These are the steps

0.MAKE BACKUP OF SYSTEM!
1. root
2.Install THIS
3.Plug in your headset, open Key test and click any button
4.Note down scancode. In my case it was 257
5.Browse to system/usr/keylayout/msm8974-taiko-mtp-snd-card_Button_Jack.kl (use rootbrowser)
6.search for HEADSETHOOK
7.change the key to what ever scancode gives i.e 257 (in my case) . It should look like this

#original: key 226 HEADSETHOOK WAKE
#changed: key 257 HEADSETHOOK WAKE

8.now change the scancode number, in my case key 257 to 226 (or the key HEADSETHOOK is assigned to)

#original: key 257 VOLUME_UP WAKE
#changed: key 226 VOLUME_UP WAKE

9. Install THIS
10.Reboot
11.Configure buttons as per your wish

Hope its helpful.

Last edited:

CyberSAD

Sep 20, 2015
I tried what you write with my Marshall Headphones and a Sony Xperia Z. I didnt find a file with the exact name, in my case I only found a file called apq8064-tabla-snd-card_Button_Jack.kl . In this file there are the headsethook command lines but when I try to save my changes, the system tells me "please select your SD Card first" but I am not able to select it then, it just ignores my selection. What can I do?
CyberSAD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a re post or someone else has come up with a better alternative. Hopefully then a moderator will clean this thread.

As most of us have just migrated to ultra from different models, we may have a spare headset laying round. The issue here is most of the headset is just not compatible with ultra i.e the buttons don't function as we want it to. This is a guide that may help solve that problem getting the best out of our old headset or the ones from different models

These are the steps

0.MAKE BACKUP OF SYSTEM!
    1. root
    2.Install THIS
    3.Plug in your headset, open Key test and click any button
    4.Note down scancode. In my case it was 257
    5.Browse to system/usr/keylayout/msm8974-taiko-mtp-snd-card_Button_Jack.kl (use rootbrowser)
    6.search for HEADSETHOOK
    7.change the key to what ever scancode gives i.e 257 (in my case) . It should look like this

#original: key 226 HEADSETHOOK WAKE
    #changed: key 257 HEADSETHOOK WAKE

8.now change the scancode number, in my case key 257 to 226 (or the key HEADSETHOOK is assigned to)

#original: key 257 VOLUME_UP WAKE
    #changed: key 226 VOLUME_UP WAKE

9. Install THIS
    10.Reboot
    11.Configure buttons as per your wish

Hope its helpful.
    good post, but probably should be in themes and apps section with the other Mods?