Pulldown toggles for 2.3.4 Droid X2 (updated 10/29/2011)

Search This thread

CarlosBattousai

Oct 11, 2011
Nyc
This is sooo cool!!!! There anyway you can replace the screen rotation with airplane mode and/or sleep mode? I ask because I think it'll be far more useful~

hedwig34

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 25, 2011
Pittsburgh
www.teamoctos.com
This is sooo cool!!!! There anyway you can replace the screen rotation with airplane mode and/or sleep mode? I ask because I think it'll be far more useful~

Good ideas. I just tried to add an airplane mode button in place of the rotation button. Don't quite have it working yet. If I do get it working I'll post it here.

Reactions: CarlosBattousai

hedwig34

Sep 25, 2011
Pittsburgh
www.teamoctos.com
Replaced autorotate with airplane mode

I have just tweaked the toggles to replace the rotation toggle with airplane mode.

The zip file is attached in the original post. If you have already installed one of the other "part 2" zips you should be able to just install the new part 2 zip without going back to part 1. I've only done this on my own phone running stock. Let me know if there are any issues.

Also I've seen some other threads where people want the notification bar changed from blue to black. I like it better that way myself and was thinking of making a a black version of these. Maybe change the icons up a little too. Let me know.

Here's a screenshot of airplane mode.

22f9f7b9840c52b8c1c3913839527a7b226f098453645810798d2e1668348b5c6g.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlosBattousai

cjm2576

Oct 13, 2009
So 2 things.
1. Thanks for doing this.. I love these toggles! Really nice job working out the kinks; installed cleanly for me the 1st time.
2. A request (you seem to get a lot of these). I really want to use this to replace the power control widget on my phone but the one toggle I use fairly often is the screen brightness. Is it possible to add this instead of the airplane toggle?

Again, really appreciate your work on making this work.

Reactions: mtmichaelson

CarlosBattousai

Oct 11, 2011
Nyc
Everything works great. I ****ing love this!!!!! XOXOXOXO <3 (No Homo)

I like the black theme idea, but that's just me.

mattfox27

Nov 12, 2010
Los Angeles
www.mkxtech.com
On the original one how can i replace the GPS icon with flashlight? I would also like to swap it with wifi so its first on the left. I know its a tedious process involving decompiling editing xml/smali ect....i have been trying to do it for a while and its not working.

CarlosBattousai

Oct 11, 2011
Nyc
The over load is cool, but the spacing just make it hard to press the right one ~_~
I really don't see the point of a toggle for screen brightness and 3G. Then again that could just be me love the flash light but I"m going back to the one with airplane mode <3

hedwig34

Sep 25, 2011
Pittsburgh
www.teamoctos.com
On the original one how can i replace the GPS icon with flashlight? I would also like to swap it with wifi so its first on the left. I know its a tedious process involving decompiling editing xml/smali ect....i have been trying to do it for a while and its not working.

I'll try to give a step by step.

The original toggles are based off of the 2.3.3 toggles which did not have the flashlight. So you'll need the smali files for flashlight.

Take a look at the overload toggle zip and decomplile SystemUI.apk.

1. Take the two smali files from SystemUI.apk\smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\quickpanel for Flashlight.
You will also need to take the smali file SystemUI.apk\smali\com\android\util\LedController.smali.
This file is basicly the link to the camera hardware to tell it to turn the light on or off. If you forget this everthing will still re-compile but you'll lose your status bar :)o I did this).

Copy those three smali files to your project.

2. Then open up SystemUI.apk\res\values\public.xml

Copy the Flashlight values to your public.xml

Code:
<public type="drawable" name="quickpanel_icon_flashlight_on" id="0x7f020038" />
<public type="drawable" name="quickpanel_icon_flashlight_off" id="0x7f0200fe" />
<public type="string" name="quickpanel_flashlight_text" id="0x7f07001c" />
<public type="id" name="quickpanel_flashlight_btn_icon" id="0x7f090037" />
<public type="id" name="quickpanel_flashlight_btn_text" id="0x7f090038" />
<public type="id" name="quickpanel_flashlight_btn_status_icon" id="0x7f090039" />

3. So here's where it gets hairy. You'll need to check the resource ids of each of those entries to see if they are already used. Search for that value in the public.xml file and hope you only find it once.
If you do you're home free. But if you don't and I bet you won't. You'll need to find new IDs that are not being used and change the values in public.xml and in the FlashlightSettingButton.smali file. Since you want to lose GPS you could steal the IDs from GPS just don't forget to remove all traces of GPS everywhere.

I had some really funky looking toggles when testing this because I didn't change the values in the smali files. I should have taken screenshots of those.:)

4. After your resource issues are (hopefully) resolved look at the \res\values\ids.xml and copy the flashlight references to your id.xml.
5. Do the same with \res\values\strings.xml (hint, the strings.xml in the overload toggles all have no values. That's why there are no captions on the overload toggle mod).
6. To change the order of the toggles go to res\layout\status_bar_expanded.xml
Look at the block starting with <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.QuickSettin

Here's what the overload one looks like.

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.QuickSettingsView android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_quick_settings" android:background="@drawable/quickpanel_quick_settings_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
        <FrameLayout android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="65.32999dip" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_wifi_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_wifi_off" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.WifiSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_wifi_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_wifi_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_wifi_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
        </FrameLayout>
        <FrameLayout android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="65.32999dip" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_bt_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_bluetooth_off" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.BluetoothSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_bt_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_bluetooth_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_bt_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
        </FrameLayout>
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_gps_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_gps_off" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.GpsSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_gps_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_gps_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_gps_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
        </FrameLayout>
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flashlight_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_flashlight_off" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.FlashlightSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flashlight_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_flashlight_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flashlight_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
        </FrameLayout>
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_brightness_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_brightness_off" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.BrightnessSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_brightness_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_brightness_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_brightness_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
        </FrameLayout>
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_mobiledata_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_mobile_data_off" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.MobileDataSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_mobiledata_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_mobiledata_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_mobiledata_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
        </FrameLayout>
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flight_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_flight_mode_off" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.FlightSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flight_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_flight_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flight_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
        </FrameLayout>
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_sound_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_sound_on_on" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.SoundSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_sound_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_sound_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_sound_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
        </FrameLayout>
    </com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.QuickSettingsView>

Just re-arange the FrameLayout blocks in the order you want the buttons to appear. If you want to remove a toggle just remove the FrameLayout for it.

Option 2:

1. The fastest approach may be, becasue I already took care of the resource conflicts, to start with the overload toggles.
2. Then change the layout the way you want.
3. Replace the icons with what you want.
4. Edit the strings.xml to put your captions in (I may have one of those mapped wrong, if you find it let me know)
5. Also in the overload I have accidnetly used a black background, you can replace it with the blue one from the original.

Let me know if this helps out.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've ported the stock 2.3.3 pulldown toggles by navenedrob and dragonzkiller to 2.3.4. I have to say, holy crap this took longer than I thought.

This is for the Droid X2 stock 2.3.4
    This is a two part install. Part one will install a version of SystemUI.apk that has been deodex'd (great for making themes).
    The second part installs a SystemUI.apk that has the pulldown toggles.

Sorry for the two part install :(. This was the only way I could make sure it would work for everybody. The old zip only seemed to work for people who had deodex'd their install.

To install:

• Reboot into recovery and install 2.3.4-DroidX2_pulldown-toggles_part_1_of_2.zip
    • Reboot and admire your notification bar that does NOT have pulldown toggles.
    • Reboot into recovery and install 2.3.4-DroidX2_pulldown-toggles_part_2_of_2.zip
    • Reboot and admire your notification bar that NOW has pulldown toggles.

If for some reason the toggles grow tiresome just install 2.3.4-DroidX2_pulldown-toggles_part_1_of_2.zip only. This will put you back to your boring old non toggles notification bar.

Also attached is an alternate part 2 zip. This one has the rotation toggle removed. I don't use it and it so I just removed it. If you feel the same try 2.3.4-DroidX2_pulldown-toggles_no_rotation_part_2_of_2.zip

10/27/2011 - Just added another mod that replaces the rotation toggle with airplane mode.

10/29/2011 - Just put this together for stock 2.3.4. I call it toggle overload. :D

cb0cdda162a843212c1a23f15701200aee0938bd660e77a050adff504db6edd56g.jpg

2.3.4-X2_toggle_overload_part_2_of_2.zip (fixed link 3/28/2013)

*If you still want the old zip file PM me. (Part one does the same thing as the old back to stock zip)

I'll try to give a step by step.

The original toggles are based off of the 2.3.3 toggles which did not have the flashlight. So you'll need the smali files for flashlight.

Take a look at the overload toggle zip and decomplile SystemUI.apk.

1. Take the two smali files from SystemUI.apk\smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\quickpanel for Flashlight.
    You will also need to take the smali file SystemUI.apk\smali\com\android\util\LedController.smali.
    This file is basicly the link to the camera hardware to tell it to turn the light on or off. If you forget this everthing will still re-compile but you'll lose your status bar :)o I did this).

Copy those three smali files to your project.

2. Then open up SystemUI.apk\res\values\public.xml

Copy the Flashlight values to your public.xml

Code:
    <public type="drawable" name="quickpanel_icon_flashlight_on" id="0x7f020038" />
    <public type="drawable" name="quickpanel_icon_flashlight_off" id="0x7f0200fe" />
    <public type="string" name="quickpanel_flashlight_text" id="0x7f07001c" />
    <public type="id" name="quickpanel_flashlight_btn_icon" id="0x7f090037" />
    <public type="id" name="quickpanel_flashlight_btn_text" id="0x7f090038" />
    <public type="id" name="quickpanel_flashlight_btn_status_icon" id="0x7f090039" />

3. So here's where it gets hairy. You'll need to check the resource ids of each of those entries to see if they are already used. Search for that value in the public.xml file and hope you only find it once.
    If you do you're home free. But if you don't and I bet you won't. You'll need to find new IDs that are not being used and change the values in public.xml and in the FlashlightSettingButton.smali file. Since you want to lose GPS you could steal the IDs from GPS just don't forget to remove all traces of GPS everywhere.

I had some really funky looking toggles when testing this because I didn't change the values in the smali files. I should have taken screenshots of those.:)

4. After your resource issues are (hopefully) resolved look at the \res\values\ids.xml and copy the flashlight references to your id.xml.
    5. Do the same with \res\values\strings.xml (hint, the strings.xml in the overload toggles all have no values. That's why there are no captions on the overload toggle mod).
    6. To change the order of the toggles go to res\layout\status_bar_expanded.xml
    Look at the block starting with <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.QuickSettin

Here's what the overload one looks like.

Code:
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.QuickSettingsView android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_quick_settings" android:background="@drawable/quickpanel_quick_settings_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_wifi_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_wifi_off" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.WifiSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_wifi_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_wifi_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_wifi_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
            </FrameLayout>
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_bt_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_bluetooth_off" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.BluetoothSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_bt_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_bluetooth_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_bt_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
            </FrameLayout>
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_gps_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_gps_off" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.GpsSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_gps_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_gps_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_gps_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
            </FrameLayout>
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flashlight_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_flashlight_off" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.FlashlightSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flashlight_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_flashlight_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flashlight_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
            </FrameLayout>
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_brightness_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_brightness_off" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.BrightnessSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_brightness_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_brightness_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_brightness_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
            </FrameLayout>
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_mobiledata_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_mobile_data_off" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.MobileDataSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_mobiledata_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_mobiledata_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_mobiledata_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
            </FrameLayout>
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flight_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_flight_mode_off" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.FlightSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flight_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_flight_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_flight_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
            </FrameLayout>
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_sound_btn_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="3.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_sound_on_on" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.SoundSettingButton android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffdfdfdf" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/quickpanel_sound_btn_text" android:paddingTop="35.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/quickpanel_sound_text" android:shadowDx="1.0" android:shadowDy="1.0" />
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/quickpanel_sound_btn_status_icon" android:paddingLeft="2.2999878dip" android:paddingRight="2.2999878dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="5.299988dip" android:layout_marginBottom="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/quickpanel_icon_off" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
            </FrameLayout>
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.quickpanel.QuickSettingsView>

Just re-arange the FrameLayout blocks in the order you want the buttons to appear. If you want to remove a toggle just remove the FrameLayout for it.

Option 2:

1. The fastest approach may be, becasue I already took care of the resource conflicts, to start with the overload toggles.
    2. Then change the layout the way you want.
    3. Replace the icons with what you want.
    4. Edit the strings.xml to put your captions in (I may have one of those mapped wrong, if you find it let me know)
    5. Also in the overload I have accidnetly used a black background, you can replace it with the blue one from the original.

Let me know if this helps out.
    stock 2.3.4 toggle overload

Just put this together for stock 2.3.4. I call it toggle overload. :D

cb0cdda162a843212c1a23f15701200aee0938bd660e77a050adff504db6edd56g.jpg

2.3.4-X2_toggle_overload_part_2_of_2.zip
    Yea, I have tried twice. Didn't work. It's aight though, I'm patient.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Well I was able to re-create your issue. I haven't had a chance to work out the resource issue that is causing the problem but here is a workaround. This is really hokey but I was able to get the toggles installed in a new stock, non deodex'd setup.

OK here's the really awkward workaround that you can try:

• reboot into recovery
    • install 2.3.4-DroidX2_pulldown-toggles.zip (do not reboot yet)
    • install back_to_stock_2.3.4-DroidX2.zip (do not reboot yet)
    • wipe dalvik cache
    • reboot
    • you should have a notification bar but no pulldown toggles
    • reboot into recovery
    • install 2.3.4-DroidX2_pulldown-toggles.zip (do not reboot yet)
    • wipe dalvik cache
    • reboot
    • you should have a notification bar with toggles
    how can i edit which toggles are there? is there a way to add a setting page?

droid x2. eclipse 2.3

Eclipse for x2 is based off of a stock ROM. In order to get setting for the toggles that code would need compiled into settings. Unless somebody out there is an uber smali wizzard settings won't happen.

To change the toggles you have to decompile SystemUI and edit a. XML file in the layout directory. There are a couple of older threads in this themes section that I was involved in that explains it. I just can't remember which file to edit right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2