[ROM] 5.09.12 ODJDub HD Express X Sense 3.0 Fully Working 4G & Landscape!!!

Search This thread

jrollercoasters

Oct 4, 2011
So where is it at on their site? I clicked on the evo picture, clicked both themed and non - themed and both were the beta versions.

What's wrong with providing a link straight to the rom in the OP?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

you have to be a member.. to get RC

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

The only issue is i dont want to use the antrax kernal, not that its bad but i want to try out the stock kernal. is this the only way to fix it or should i reflash? i would perfer not to reflash but if thats what i gotta do then thats fine?

try clearing cache and dalvik, or just flash anthrax, fix your stuff, and then dont clear anything but cache and dalvik again and try to flash the original, it might mess up your rom, but theres a chance thatll work great, good luck! =]

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

No other dev forces you to donate in order to try out the rom.

no other dev works this hard for our evos ethier, this is an amazing rom and OD is a godly dev so STFU and GTFO!

Reactions: One_Shot_2012

vel7wil

Jun 17, 2010
Killeen, Tx
Thanks, sorry about that. We gotta stay on topic in this thread, no talk about dumb stuff and non-ROM related issues or tweaks or updates.

Nevermind, I figured it out. The original post says nothing about how to get access to version 1.0. The title of the thread has been updated, but there's only links to the beta versions. If you go to the site customromz.com and click on "Register", you'd think you were registering for the site. I thought it was going to be a place where you have a small forum set up to showcase your roms. Instead, clicking "Register" takes you to a donation page. Nowhere on there does it say that donating will get you access to this rom. It seems really dishonest and shady to me, so I'm going to stay away from this. No other dev forces you to donate in order to try out the rom.

Stay on topic.....those of us that want this thread aren't gonna allow this again....PM OD if u have a problem ......thanks

Sent from my Expressed out eVo 4g using xda premium

Reactions: weztcoazt

blockhead428

Dec 5, 2008
you have to be a member.. to get RC

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

try clearing cache and dalvik, or just flash anthrax, fix your stuff, and then dont clear anything but cache and dalvik again and try to flash the original, it might mess up your rom, but theres a chance thatll work great, good luck! =]

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

no other dev works this hard for our evos ethier, this is an amazing rom and OD is a godly dev so STFU and GTFO!

Cute. I'm not gonna spout words back at you because this isn't elementary school. I was pointing out the fact that the OP is misleading and does not provide instructions to download 1.0. If the download links weren't hidden under the guise of a link to "Register" and maybe if OD was a little more open about what he was trying to accomplish, then I wouldn't mind donating. I've donated to other devs, so that's not an issue.

The OP needs to be updated with clear information.

Reactions: mikeyinid

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
wtf. you have 36 posts and your obviously clueless how the devs should conduct business here. you should take your own advice...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. This thread is for the Express. It is not a thread for a particular version,so don't act like there is some misrepresentation. Please have some more tact with such manners. I am not at liberty to discuss anything besides XDA and the links posted on it. This is a developmental thread for posting about the Express and any issues or updates or mods associated. This is not a place to post you opinions on the digital world. Things change, and times change. Please don't start more guff around here. We are working on updating the site with new features, such as dev chat which is already implemented, but I have said too much and that is a diff site altogether. So for now, just stay on topic.

I am glad that everyone is enjoying the ROM so much. I am gonna have a new beta version available asap with some new fixings and fun. Stay tuned. I will also have some new flashable zips available as well.

blockhead428

Dec 5, 2008
i guess he thinks that by posting betas here on this thread hes not breaking any rules. he should take a few minutes to read forum rules.

I was wondering about the rules myself. The thread title says 1.0 but that rom isn't even offered on xda. Aamikam doesn't host his roms here, but clicking "download" takes you to his site and allows you to download without problems. I hate to drag his name into this, but aamikam is a good example of what constitutes a good developer.

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Whoa, whoa, whoa. This thread is for the Express. It is not a thread for a particular version,so don't act like there is some misrepresentation. Please have some more tact with such manners. I am not at liberty to discuss anything besides XDA and the links posted on it. This is a developmental thread for posting about the Express and any issues or updates or mods associated. This is not a place to post you opinions on the digital world. Things change, and times change. Please don't start more guff around here. We are working on updating the site with new features, such as dev chat which is already implemented, but I have said too much and that is a diff site altogether. So for now, just stay on topic.

I am glad that everyone is enjoying the ROM so much. I am gonna have a new beta version available asap with some new fixings and fun. Stay tuned. I will also have some new flashable zips available as well.

the problem is that your linking to another site that requires registration, and at a cost. you cant use xda as a jump off point to your site. if you post the rom here with a direct link with a link to your site thats one thing, but thats not what your doing.

and dont single me out for speaking the truth and not say anything to the guy telling members to stfu and gtfo.

blockhead428

Dec 5, 2008
I was on topic. I think asking about the download links and the required "donation" are very relevant to the topic. If you have to make a donation in order to download the RC, then how is that still a donation? Do we donate to the gas station when we fill up our cars fuel tanks?

Call it what you like, but the fact is that the RC version costs $0.99. If you want to use it, you have to purchase it.

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
the problem is that your linking to another site that requires registration, and at a cost. you cant use xda as a jump off point to your site. if you post the rom here with a direct link with a link to your site thats one thing, but thats not what your doing.

and dont single me out for speaking the truth and not say anything to the guy telling members to stfu and gtfo.

That's not true. I don't link to my site anywhere in the OP. My site does not require any registration. You can register if you want access to the members areas, but the site has links to the Express for all phones we support. That's it. I am not singling you out, I just responded to your remark. Also, your speak is not the truth, it is a misrepresentation of things. I could pull all the files from the members area and keep things the way they are, but then everyone loses out. Why should I be penalized? I have met the mods terms. I am sorry you don't want my site to have a member's area, but that is the way it is. You can feel free to download the Express all day for free from the site and here in my OP, but let's keep the discussion XDA related. The site in not endorsed here on XDA.

.Elite_The_King.

Sep 26, 2011
Los Angeles
Just a little loophole going on.

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.

Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:
A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,
B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

He's within his right can't say anything but just not use his work.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
That's not true. I don't link to my site anywhere in the OP. My site does not require any registration. You can register if you want access to the members areas, but the site has links to the Express for all phones we support. That's it. I am not singling you out, I just responded to your remark. Also, your speak is not the truth, it is a misrepresentation of things. I could pull all the files from the members area and keep things the way they are, but then everyone loses out. Why should I be penalized? I have met the mods terms. I am sorry you don't want my site to have a member's area, but that is the way it is. You can feel free to download the Express all day for free from the site and here in my OP, but let's keep the discussion XDA related. The site in not endorsed here on XDA.

by members area you mean pay to enter area. thats cool, you obviously found a loophole with the mods in this section. i promise this wouldnt fly with some of the mods that dont frequent this section. ah well, i guess if people really think your rom is worth paying for, more power to you.

chubbzlou

Jul 24, 2007
NYC
Guys you can dl with out registering to the site by clicking on the the pic of your device. No one needs to register I just got home and I am going to pull the registration off the site give me time to do so.

Reactions: .Elite_The_King.

ziggysmalls

Aug 22, 2010
Cleveland, OH
The discussion with the mods happened in another thread earlier today. This thread was created in response to that discussion and he is complying with what was asked of him by the xda mods from what I can see. It is their call, not ours.

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010
You know if everyone doesn't want this ROM , and just wants to keep arguing about it then we can always just quit working on it. Seems that's best. I'm tired of building roms for people who don't understand how much time, energy, and even fights go into these roms. My girlfriend argues with me everynight that i mess around with these roms. Cause when I work on them its usually from about 3:30 to 3:00 am. And for what? So we can listen to people argue with us? I appreciate everyone (beta testers, donators, and all the awesome encouragement most of you give us) who has helped this ROM become what it is today. My teammates and I are tired of fighting with everyone. I used to donate 50 dollars all the time to developers and still do as a developer. Trust me doing this is not for the money. But I atleast will always acknowledge hardwork and dedication. Everyone is lucky that other devs haven't thought about doing this. You all act like we are trying to get rich. Hell 99cent can't even afford a phone call these days.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

ziggysmalls

Aug 22, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Besides, the only thing that complaining will really truly accomplish is driving a skilled developer from the xda community. This device is nearing end of life, don't start throwing dirt on the grave.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My%20OP%203.png

The Team:
    outerdepth
    justinswidebody
    Diablo67
    the_plattypus
    chubbzlou01
    sarkisdx

HUGE Thanks to the following:
    GruesomeWolf and Team Nocturnal
    TommyTomato
    Team Synergy
    Virus
    Gnufabio
    Donators

Hello, XDA!!!

This is the new thread and home for the Express for Evo 4G. I am pleased to bring you the best ROM ever for our phones. This is a mashup of the HTC Flyer tablet pc's ROM and the Evo3D (Shooter) ROM. I am happy to say this ROM is lightning fast and has been tweaked and had enhancements done to the sound and display to bring you a brighter more vivid screen and enhanced sound over the stock. This ROM has all the goodies from the HTC Flyer, and all the functionality of the Evo4G. It has tons of features which I will list below. Enjoy the ROM and please read the OP in entirety. We don't want to clog up the page with unnecessary discussion.

That being said here are the goods...

The Goods:
    -Fully working landscape
    -4G!!!
    -Landscape Sense 3.0 Lockscreen with weather
    -New!! Aroma Installer
    -Swap Kernels During Install
    -Swap Boot Animations
    -Add Extra Apps
    -Sony Bravia Engine
    -Sony Xloud
    -Stock and themed versions
    -Fully Working HDMI
    -Updated OTA kernel
    -Working camera
    -Hacked Wifi-Hotspot
    -Added apps, removed unwanted bloat
    -New Visual Voicemail
    -Tons of others!!!

-Planning on more customizations for the future update!!!

HERE IS THE AROMA INSTALLER IN ACTION!!!!

aroma-ss.png

**Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. We are not responsible if you brick your phone. Please follow all install instructions.

**Do not discuss off topic things on this thread. It is for developmental purposes. PM me if you need to discuss anything not really appropriate for the purpose of the thread, but is ROM related.

Installation:

*Must have sd partitioned and using Amon-Ra Recovery!! Link Below to the correct one to use. Rename to PC36IMG.zip
    Place PC36IMG.zip on root of sd card, then power off phone and hold the vol- and power button down until hboot loads. It will automatically scan for this and ask you to flash it, flash it and then boot into recovery to assure it worked.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55460282/PC36IMG_AmonRA-v2.3-hausmod_revA.zip

1.Download ROM
    2.Copy ROM to root of SD card
    3.Wipe all userdata/factory reset
    4.Flash ROM
    5.Enjoy your new toy

Changelog:

5-9-12: The Express X
    -Fixed themed ROM setups
    -Fixed Tweaks in Settings Menu for all
    -Added Wipe Phone to Aroma Installer

Download Link:http://themikmik.com/showthread.php...nse-3-0-Aroma-Installer!!&p=203943#post203943

5-2-12: The Express 3.0
    -Totally New ROM!!!!!!!
    -New Aroma Installer allowing total individual customization
    -6 kernel choices
    -3 Theme Choices
    -All apps selectable or unselectable for install
    -New System Setup
    -Full,Typical,Minimal, and Custom Install allowed
    -ENJOY

Download Link:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_4G_Developers/Outerdepth/The_Express/The Express 3.0.zip

ODJDub Express 2.2.1

-Fixed Slide to Swipe on ALL Themes!!
    -Fixed theme swapping
    -Lockscreen Shortcuts fixed FOR SURE!!!
    -New Boot animation Swapping
    -More intuitive customization menu
    -Reconfigured system!!!!

Download Link:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...erdepth/The_Express/The Express 2.0 2.2.1.zip

ODJDub Express 2.1.1

-Fixed Native Sreen shot/capture
    -Fixed kernel install swap
    -Added stock and red theme choice on install

Download Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_4G_Developers/Outerdepth/The_Express/The Express 2.1.1.zip

ODJDub HD Express 2.0

-Added Sony Xloud
    -Added NEW Aroma Installer
    -Swap 6 diff kernels on install
    -Swap Boot Animations
    -Add Extra Apps
    -New System Setup
    -New Framework Tweaks
    -Seriously Faster than before!!

Download:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_4G_Developers/Outerdepth/The_Express/The Express 2.0.zip

RC 1.0
    -Beta Releases posted
    -Sony Bravia Engine
    -New Sound enhancements
    -New tweaks
    -Updated Market apps
    -New system setup

Download Link
    Themed RC1.0.1:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...terdepth/The_Express/The Express RC 1.0.1.zip
    Stock RC1.0.0:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...terdepth/The_Express/The Express RC 1.0.0.zip

Beta Download links:

Express themed:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_4G_Developers/Outerdepth/The_Express/The Express 3.6.1.zip
    Express stock:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_4G_Developers/Outerdepth/The_Express/The Express 3.6.0.zip
    Hey Fans!!!!

I want to say to everyone on this thead and XDA that you guys are all right. Everyone has their opinion and is entitled to it. Even though I don't agree with them all, everyone deserves there fair say. I have built this for you guys with the awesome base that GruesomeWolf has made. I bring to you what I hope to be a match between his awesome ROM and the HTC Flyer. I am so enthused that you all are loving it. I am sure the few with some issues will get the ROM running smooth quick. If not, this is what the thread is for. I hope you all have a great experience with this and quit squabbling. I and my team are the only ones that should be mad about anything, and I can assure you none of us are. WE do this because this is what we love to do. We are glad you all like it so much. Keep us going, guys!!!:cool:
    Experimentals, mods, etc

Install Instructions:

1. Put zip on root of ROM
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Flash update zip
    4. Wipe dalvik cache and then wipe cache.
    5. Reboot

Stock Clock and Lock Ring Mod:

Download Link:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...ress/Express Flashable - Stock Clock Lock.zip

Transparent Statusbar Mod(Themed ROM Version):

Download Link:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...The_Express/Express Flashable - Trans Bar.zip

Updated ODJDub Tweaks UPDATED 4.23.12:

Download Link:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55460282/Express Flashable - Tweaks.zip
    Check It Out!!

i guess no update tonight! :(

EHHHH, wrong.

I am proud to tell you I have the newest update ready. I am uploading it tonight. I have added some new things and improved speed dramatically. I hope you are pleased. Give me some time. I am uploading the Bliss ROM and the Express tonight, so it may take a bit, but keep looking tonight and in the morning. By then they will both be up. I am sure to guarantee satisfaction. Changelog is below, OP will be updated as soon as possible.

Changelog:
    4-9-12: ODJDub HD Express 2.0
    New System Setup
    Newest Aroma Installer!!
    Anthrax Beats Supported Kernel Included
    Sony Xloud Engine Added
    Updated apps
    Smaller memory Footprint
    Removed more bloat
    MORE CUSTOMIZABLE THAN EVER!!
    New Kernel Swapping
    New Bootanimation Swapping