Note 3 WiFi drain when is on

Search This thread

JohnnyBlue83

Feb 22, 2013
Hello everybody
I have problem with battery drain when my WiFi is on. During night my battery drain 1-2% which is great and WiFi is off, but when I turn my WiFi on and just read news with some app it goes down 5-10% in like 10-15 min. I'm not rooted because he is still in warranty and I don't wanna lose it just yet.
I've searched the forum and I have just found that people have problem when WiFi is off and battery drain like is on but that's not problem here.
Any suggestion?
Thanks.

Reactions: ash562007

EddieN

May 13, 2011
Gothenburg
Hello everybody
I have problem with battery drain when my WiFi is on. During night my battery drain 1-2% which is great and WiFi is off, but when I turn my WiFi on and just read news with some app it goes down 5-10% in like 10-15 min. I'm not rooted because he is still in warranty and I don't wanna lose it just yet.
I've searched the forum and I have just found that people have problem when WiFi is off and battery drain like is on but that's not problem here.
Any suggestion?
Thanks.

To diagnose this you would need an app that monitors what it is that is draining the battery.

Try installing "Better Battery Stats," open the app once then close it. For a few hours, use your phone like normal or in a situation you want to diagnose. Then go into Better Battery Stats and post a screenshot of "Kernel Wakelocks," "Partial Wakelocks," and "Other" here so we can take a look.

Better Battery Stats: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2411941&d=1385305325

Other apps which are good to see what is draining the battery are GSam Battery Monitor and Wakelock Detector.

GSam Battery Monitor: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm

Wakelock Detector: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector

Do the same with these apps as I said with Better Battery Stats and post screenshots from them.

Good luck!

Last edited:

JohnnyBlue83

Feb 22, 2013
Thanks for quick replay. I'm using GSam Battery Monitor for 2 weeks now and here are the images I think it could helps.

If you need something more just ask.

Attachments

• wakelock.png
    wakelock.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 38

EddieN

May 13, 2011
Gothenburg
Thanks for quick replay. I'm using GSam Battery Monitor for 2 weeks now and here are the images I think it could helps.

If you need something more just ask.

Those pictures look pretty alright. I'd say you aren't suffering from the Android OS bug a lot of other people are suffering from. What is your screen on time? 32% battery left after 6½ hours is quite a lot of drain, it seems as though you must have had the screen on almost the entire time. Looks as though Facebook and Google Services are the ones draining your battery. You could uninstall or deactivate sync for Facebook for a while and see. Google Play Services issued an update some day ago which is rolling out which should fix battery drain as well. You'll have to keep a lookout for that one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks.