[Q] Sprint HTC one states NO OS

Search This thread

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
One more thing I did try this method but it also failed because my current version shows nothing? and I get error which mean wrong RUU. I think I need to flash the correct firmware before I restore the RUU.

There are instructions in the post to flash the full firmware zip. Make sure to issue 'fastboot flash zip 4.06.651.4_firmware.zip' two times, one right after the other. The first flash will update the hboot only and return an 'hboot pre-update error', the second flash will update everything else in the firmware zip.

ali-rkfd

Sep 22, 2012
I got the firmware flashed correctly, but when i run the ARUWizard.exe i get an error that side by side configuration error, any other suggestion . thanks

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
I got the firmware flashed correctly, but when i run the ARUWizard.exe i get an error that side by side configuration error, any other suggestion . thanks

The 'side by side configuration error' is a Windows problem. You'll need to Google a solution to that, usually involves installing one or more Visual C++ Redistributable packages, or try a different computer.

Reactions: ali-rkfd

ali-rkfd

Sep 22, 2012
You are the Man, I got my phone back to normal, you were correct again it was my computer... Now I have new issue, my phone is locked and asking about unlockcode? I did not locked the phone, it must have happened when I was installing wrong roms.... any new suggestion, I am going to do a research how to remove password.....

Reactions: cschmitt

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
You are the Man, I got my phone back to normal, you were correct again it was my computer... Now I have new issue, my phone is locked and asking about unlockcode? I did not locked the phone, it must have happened when I was installing wrong roms.... any new suggestion, I am going to do a research how to remove password.....

Is it asking for a network or sim unlock code, or just a lockscreen password?

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
its asking for lock screen code

Options:

1. Factory reset; that will clear the lock screen password. Oh, and erase all your data as well.

2. If you have TWRP installed, boot into recovery and use the built in file manager to delete /data/system/locksettings.db, .db-shm, and .db-wal. That will remove the lock screen password without erasing everything else.

With a custom recovery installed your phone is never really secure...

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California

ali-rkfd

Sep 22, 2012
sorry for stating that it was your suggestion :)
Here is the Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU.zip and same firmware.
I think its newer rev?

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
sorry for stating that it was your suggestion :)
Here is the Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU.zip and same firmware.
I think its newer rev?

Thats why. You need the 1.56 hboot in order to install that properly. Not sure if you have it or not, but if you don't, there isn't any way to get that without using the RUU I linked, then doing the OTA to the most recent version.

You can check by just going into the bootloader (it will say it on the top part).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    C:\htc\tools\One_All-In-One_Kit_v\data>fastboot devices
    FA37SS915114 fastboot

C:\htc\tools\One_All-In-One_Kit_v\data>adb devices
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached

No device shows up?

Is there an unknown device in Device Manager when you connect the phone in recovery? if so, go into Android SDK Manager, scroll down to Extras and check the box for 'Google USB Driver'. That will install the driver needed for ADB access in recovery.

If you don't have SDK Manager, I zipped up the driver for you: here

If that driver doesn't work try the Galaxy Nexus Driver here

The 'side by side configuration error' is a Windows problem. You'll need to Google a solution to that, usually involves installing one or more Visual C++ Redistributable packages, or try a different computer.