[Q] Wifi not working on Hyperdrive 16.1

Search This thread

tjhooker4

Mar 25, 2014
Wow. Bonehead mistake. I went from Sarge's 4.4.2 rooted rom to Hyperdrive 16.1 via safestrap and I forgot to flash the nc5 module before rebooting and now my wifi wont work and I can't reboot into safestrap.

Anyone know what I can do to recover wifi/safestrap?

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Wow. Bonehead mistake. I went from Sarge's 4.4.2 rooted rom to Hyperdrive 16.1 via safestrap and I forgot to flash the nc5 module before rebooting and now my wifi wont work and I can't reboot into safestrap.

did you flash su before you rebooted?

If you didn't do that you will most likely have to start the process completely over....

Reactions: tjhooker4

tjhooker4

Mar 25, 2014

If you didn't do that you will most likely have to start the process completely over....

Eeek. I did not. When you say start the whole process over, what are you referring to? Will I even be able to use saferoot from 4.4.2 HD16.1?

*edit: I should add - I don't have root on this ROM.

Last edited:

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Eeek. I did not. When you say start the whole process over, what are you referring to? Will I even be able to use saferoot from 4.4.2 HD16.1?

I mean if you did the upgrade..downgrade method by surge...you have to start completely over...same with whatever method you used. Best to make a checklist as you missed several key steps

sent by baja kitkat S4

Reactions: tjhooker4

dm1105

Oct 24, 2010
I forgot to add the SU file after flashing Echoe Rom and I had to start all over. In your case, I don't think you even have to flash SU after flashing Hyperdrive 16.1 bc SU is cooked into the Rom.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
I forgot to add the SU file after flashing Echoe Rom and I had to start all over. In your case, I don't think you even have to flash SU after flashing Hyperdrive 16.1 bc SU is cooked into the Rom.

You do have to flash it with HD, it never hurts regardless. With your phone running partitions from different firmwares baked in SU won't always work

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: wiseendeavors

dm1105

Oct 24, 2010
You do have to flash it with HD, it never hurts regardless. With your phone running partitions from different firmwares baked in SU won't always work

Sounds like sound advice to me :good:. I don't see how it can hurt either. Better safe than sorry.

ShnikeJSB

Jun 17, 2014
Chicago
There is a root now, but no WiFi?

First off, I want to thank everyone involved for rooting NC5! :highfive:

Now, onto my problem. I still can't seem to get Wi-Fi working on my NC5/Verizon S4! I have the Hyperdrive 16.1 ROM installed, and everything works well except I just CANNOT turn on my Wi-Fi! I've tried flashing modem modules and such through Odin and SafeStrap, but nothing seems to work. :(

Any ideas on what I should do that DOESN'T include wiping and starting over?

Thanks,
JB

(PS -- This is my first post, so be gentle, LOL!)

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

Now, onto my problem. I still can't seem to get Wi-Fi working on my NC5/Verizon S4! I have the Hyperdrive 16.1 ROM installed, and everything works well except I just CANNOT turn on my Wi-Fi! I've tried flashing modem modules and such through Odin and SafeStrap, but nothing seems to work. :(

Thanks,
JB

Gigilies wifi fix works for many. You flash the zip in safe strap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia

Thanks,
JB

Root it with Towelroot. Then you can install Safestrap and then flash the modules.

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
As a MDK owner lately my wifi on HD16.1 turns on fine, but i cant data to go through (send receive nothing at all, worse than having 1 bar on 3g bad). I'm headed to my girls in a bit for dinner where i'll hop on her wifi and find out if its junky comcast router i have or ROM related.

Edit/update: It's my home router right now on at+t n no issues with six AL or data

Last edited:

ShnikeJSB

Jun 17, 2014
Chicago
I have already rooted with Towelroot, and can boot into Safestrap fine. I've tried flashing "gogolies-wififix-VZW-retail-NC5-w-modules-SS.zip" and "I545VRUFNC5_modem.zip" and "jfltevzw-NC5-modules.zip" in Safestrap, as well as "modem-only-NC5-odin.tar" in Odin. Nothing works.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I have already rooted with Towelroot, and can boot into Safestrap fine. I've tried flashing "gogolies-wififix-VZW-retail-NC5-w-modules-SS.zip" and "I545VRUFNC5_modem.zip" and "jfltevzw-NC5-modules.zip" in Safestrap, as well as "modem-only-NC5-odin.tar" in Odin. Nothing works.

there is a standalone wifi fix zip that gigilie put out, flash that "gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip" it may work better for you

ShnikeJSB

Jun 17, 2014
Chicago
WOOHOO!

there is a standalone wifi fix zip that gigilie put out, flash that "gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip" it may work better for you

YESSSSSS!!!

:victory:

Thank you SO very much!!! I now have wifi back after flashing with the gogolie nc2 file you named! Phew, these data overages were killing me... What a load off my back!

ShnikeJSB

Jun 17, 2014
Chicago
Make sure you have the latest SuperSU, though. I already had HyperDrive 16.1 installed on NC5 BL, and Towelroot let me root once again. Put the "gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip" file on your SD card. Make sure you have SELinux mode set to "Permissive" with SELinux Mode Changer. Then, get SafeStrap 3.72 and the new SuperSU 2.00. Give SS the permissions in SU, open SS and reboot to flash the "gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip" file. Reboot, and you should have Wi-Fi again!

Reactions: Laut

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I mean if you did the upgrade..downgrade method by surge...you have to start completely over...same with whatever method you used. Best to make a checklist as you missed several key steps

sent by baja kitkat S4

Make sure you have the latest SuperSU, though. I already had HyperDrive 16.1 installed on NC5 BL, and Towelroot let me root once again. Put the "gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip" file on your SD card. Make sure you have SELinux mode set to "Permissive" with SELinux Mode Changer. Then, get SafeStrap 3.72 and the new SuperSU 2.00. Give SS the permissions in SU, open SS and reboot to flash the "gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip" file. Reboot, and you should have Wi-Fi again!