Kernel 2.6.35.7>14 problem

Search This thread

threader

May 31, 2010
GitHub.com
Hi,

I decided to have a whack at the Galaxy S2, mainly moving what i've already tried to do with a different device to the s2. To do this i need a "sane" kernel. After much pondering i landed on Arigih ( https://github.com/arighi/ ), it seems fairly well maintained to the point where it is now, no funky whack patches that i can spot immediately and to the point, just how i like it. It's also the same kernel version i worked with previously, so much of what i did can be directly applied, whee!

What troubles me though, after compiling and deploying the kernel, USB mouse doesnt work, nor does bluetooth. Im wondering if im missing something crucial with regards to configuring the kernel for gingerbread ( yes im stuck on GB because the touchscreen or controller has died due to saltwater ingestion and i need to use a USB mouse to unlock and use the thing) . And i spot some OOPS's in the dmesg, I suspect that the whole of android needs to be recompiled around the changes to this kernel though.... Any tips moving forth would be much appreciated. How can safely move to a newer version, and keep ADB and USB HIDD functional so i can use the device after upgrading for instance....

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• dmesg-kernel-2.6.35.7-14.txt
    221 KB · Views: 5