[Q] Lost root with update

Search This thread

lsj1978

Jun 29, 2014
First let me say thank you to all of the developers on here who work so hard to help everyone, and give us resources to get the most out of our devices. I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and it's enabled me to root my last two Kindles, and two smartphones over the last couple of years.

I had to finally register because I need some help with my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9". Like many recently, I was able to root my device with towelroot, I installed rootchecker (which confirmed root) and SuperSU, as well as the Google Play Store. So all was great, but when I went to run the toolkit so I could block OTA updates that's where I couldn't succeed. Whenever I tried to disable updates or check root status it just kept giving errors and saying device not found, and asking me to please allow root to my device.

I made sure ADB was enabled, but I still couldn't get the toolkit to do anything. So, I lost root today because of the latest kindle update. What am I doing wrong that's not allowing the toolkit to disable updates?

Top Liked Posts