FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Chromecast update failing

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 271

By Kyonz, Senior Member on 4th October 2013, 08:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

Just picked up a chromecast however I'm having some initial issues with getting it working.

It connected fine to my Wifi network and then goes to update however the update stays on 0% or 1% until it eventually times out.

Is anyone able to provide information around how the updates work for this device? I'm in New Zealand so I'm curious if there's an issue with Google servers not accepting from my location or something.

If anyone could provide any information that would be great, if there's a better place for this post or if I should be easily able to find this (I did try to search everywhere I could) then I'm sorry.

Kind regards,
Kyo
4th October 2013, 09:30 PM |#2  
Flag Rwp/Isb
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonz

Hi All,

Just picked up a chromecast however I'm having some initial issues with getting it working.

It connected fine to my Wifi network and then goes to update however the update stays on 0% or 1% until it eventually times out.

Is anyone able to provide information around how the updates work for this device? I'm in New Zealand so I'm curious if there's an issue with Google servers not accepting from my location or something.

If anyone could provide any information that would be great, if there's a better place for this post or if I should be easily able to find this (I did try to search everywhere I could) then I'm sorry.

Kind regards,
Kyo

Same here +1
would appreciate a reply or solution
4th October 2013, 10:37 PM |#3  
Flag Rwp/Isb
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Got my Chromecast a week ago. It was setup and working/casting without any problem but since yesterday, a message appeared about updating..."Your Chromecast deserves the best...." and the update screen is stuck at 0%. I have restarted routers, chromecast, reset and tried everything, but after setup it gores to update screen and stays at 0% for hours without any progress.
I am using it in Pakistan. Have tried to search online solutions but found nothing, though I have seen some other people having the same problem.
PLEASE HELP and ADVISE how to go about. I have already tried resetting and factory reset etc.
5th October 2013, 06:16 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just opened the box for chromecast today. The setup went fine. As soon as it was connected, it started the update. It gets to 100% and does nothing else. It just stays on that screen. Anyone else experiencing this?
22nd October 2013, 07:20 PM |#5  
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 19

More
+1 same issue here.Seems to be affecting Pakistani users.
Maybe because youtube is blocked in Pakistan.
Anyway to manually update device ?
26th October 2013, 10:01 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 271

Donate to Me
More
So my chromecast started updating itself a day later, well I never saw it updating but it did. (didn't change anything so not sure why it wasn't working).

Good luck to those others who have the issue.
27th November 2013, 03:20 PM |#7  
Flag Salt lake City

More
Tutorial
Any update on this? I'm having the same issue... purchased chromecast yesterday and never got it passed the update screen, remains on zero. Even after leaving on overnight!

Talked with Google last night at midnight, very cool support is open 24/7, but they were unable to help. the one thing they did mention is that the router should be within 20 feet of chromecast! Mine is easily double that, but everything else in the same location works fine; xbox, roku, LG G2, Nexus 7 and my Vizio DLNA and smart apps. I can stream on everything but the chromecast.

Is the chromecast really that weak?

Help?
27th November 2013, 03:24 PM |#8  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loaded!

Any update on this? I'm having the same issue... purchased chromecast yesterday and never got it passed the update screen, remains on zero. Even after leaving on overnight!

Talked with Google last night at midnight, very cool support is open 24/7, but they were unable to help. the one thing they did mention is that the router should be within 20 feet of chromecast! Mine is easily double that, but everything else in the same location works fine; xbox, roku, LG G2, Nexus 7 and my Vizio DLNA and smart apps. I can stream on everything but the chromecast.

Is the chromecast really that weak?

Help?

Are you using the included extender? At times I'd lose network connection and was forced to use it.
27th November 2013, 03:26 PM |#9  
Flag Salt lake City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski

Are you using the included extender? At times I'd lose network connection and was forced to use it.

Yes, I'm using the extender... I am also using the tv usb to power the chromecast. are there better results with the wall power plug?
27th November 2013, 03:30 PM |#10  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loaded!

Yes, I'm using the extender... I am also using the tv usb to power the chromecast. are there better results with the wall power plug?

Don't think so.

Since your TV has DLNA, you should be able to stream using BubbleUPnP alone providing you also have WiFi on it as well.
26th December 2015, 03:52 PM |#11  

More
Chromecast stuck on 0% updating
I fixed Chromecast stuck on 0% update by rebooting with little button THEN switching the cable box cable to HMI-2. Then plugging Chromecast cable into HMI-1 port on the TV and selecting HMI-1 setting. Chromecast started loading and rebooted itself about 3 times. With-in 6 or 7 minutes it was ready to CAST! Yay finally. It took my 4 hours to figure it out as there were no solutions on the internet blogs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)