[App/Widget](Aug 31/8/10) Police Scanner/streamer

Search This thread

Martin25

Mar 6, 2009
Huddersfield
hey all iv taken on the task of trying to make a police scanner app,
im doing it in html and having problems making embedded wmp to do anything
inc play a mp3 :(
no sure if its my computer as when i have my pda linked via active sync i can view web pages but any streams from like youtube try to connect but fail :(

im also working on a dropdown script to bring up an alert box with police codes...

this is been developed for Wvga 480x800 wm6.5 wgt.
i may do cab from wm5.x for those who dont have widget engine later.

any help i most welcome :)

Attachments

• capture1.JPG.jpeg
    capture1.JPG.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,140
  • capture2.jpg.jpeg
    capture2.jpg.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,662
Last edited:

majorassface

Aug 24, 2008
Toronto
Thanks, very good answer, but I searched before and I didn`t find any cab for WM6.5 widget engine. :)

Here you might need to install both. Can't remember where I found them so credit to whoever created them. Worked for me!

Attachments

• enable_widgets_wm6.5.cab
    889 bytes · Views: 434
  • add_widget_engine_v2.cab
    204.7 KB · Views: 377

NEO130

Jul 12, 2007
Here you might need to install both. Can't remember where I found them so credit to whoever created them. Worked for me!
Thanks, I hope it works on a german rom.

I can install the prog an I can install the widgets, but I can`t start them. I start the widget, than comes the message from the cost for the datas and than the widgets doesent starting. Any idea perhaps ?

Last edited:

knotrkr

May 16, 2009
Pittsburgh
Here's how I do it. Using SkyFire Browser, Go too www.radioreference.com . Sign up for an account (it's free) You may want to use your PC to sign up for the account just because it's easier, and follow the steps to get to your area and choose from all of the scaner feeds in your area, find the best one and favorite it in your skyfire bookmarks. I live in Pittburgh PA and I have it favorited where I can hear all the police, fire, and ambulances in the entire city, it works great. Just make sure you use skyfire becuase the scanner player uses Flash.
I hope that Helps..
Thanks.
kn0t

majorassface

Aug 24, 2008
Toronto
Here's how I do it. Using SkyFire Browser, Go too www.radioreference.com . Sign up for an account (it's free) You may want to use your PC to sign up for the account just because it's easier, and follow the steps to get to your area and choose from all of the scaner feeds in your area, find the best one and favorite it in your skyfire bookmarks. I live in Pittburgh PA and I have it favorited where I can hear all the police, fire, and ambulances in the entire city, it works great. Just make sure you use skyfire becuase the scanner player uses Flash.
I hope that Helps..
Thanks.
kn0t
Thanks Knotkr but not support in Canada!

EDIT: Never mind I just noticed it does have Canada listed in the countries but I still can't seem to get it to work. Can anyone who has this working post instructions for the rest of us? Thanks!

Last edited: