LG E400f RAM and Custom ROM question

Search This thread

Sohryu_

Jun 18, 2014
São Paulo
Hi guys. Sorry if this thread is a bother. I couldn't find any answers for this, so I had to ask. Again, my sincerely apologies if this thread is nonsense and a complete bother. But...

I installed Andwie's Latte ROM (my first ROM actually). Although I loved how smooth it is, everything seems smooth there, I am actually a tad bit disappointed by the fact the RAM usage always seems high. Although I don't tend to run many apps at a once, when I am browsing on internet, I prefer to listen to a music and as such I ran two (three, actually) apps for that: Viper4Droid, PlayerPro, Last.FM Scrobbler runs on the background. All running Opera. Quite a lot, eh? But on my stock ROM, it weren't a problem at all. I could do it just fine. Now, it is slightly laggy.
My question is; Is that "behaviour" from the phone normal soon after I install a ROM? I noticed Holo Launcher is running on the background and it is the only thing (after I installed it) to run on the background. So I think custom ROMs tends to eats a bit of RAM? Small and silly question I know. But I want to get this query solved. Thanks In advance!

Last edited:

hecaex

Dec 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi guys. Sorry if this thread is a bother. I couldn't find any answers for this, so I had to ask. Again, my sincerely apologies if this thread is nonsense and a complete bother. But...

I installed Andwie's Latte ROM (my first ROM actually). Although I loved how smooth it is, everything seems smooth there, I am actually a tad bit disappointed by the fact the RAM usage always seems high. Although I don't tend to run many apps at a once, when I am browsing on internet, I prefer to listen to a music and as such I ran two (three, actually) apps for that: Viper4Droid, PlayerPro, Last.FM Scrobbler runs on the background. All running Opera. Quite a lot, eh? But on my stock ROM, it weren't a problem at all. I could do it just fine. Now, it is slightly laggy.
My question is; Is that "behaviour" from the phone normal soon after I install a ROM? I noticed Holo Launcher is running on the background and it is the only thing (after I installed it) to run on the background. So I think custom ROMs tends to eats a bit of RAM? Small and silly question I know. But I want to get this query solved. Thanks In advance!

Hey Sohryu

As you mentioned that the RAM consumption is a bit higher at custom rom can i tell you. False
Custom roms dont affect the RAM negatively, if all is fine custom Roms give you more free RAM!
The ROM is based on our 'stock android' by LG (version v10s) which has infact a bit more ram consumption compared to other v10'x' roms.
You may have to revert your ROM to normal stock rom by lg

If so you can use KDZ for flashing stock rom
And rooting (if needed) with superoneclick 1.7
All these information can be found in our forum!

Gesendet von meinem LG-E400

Reactions: Sohryu_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey Sohryu

As you mentioned that the RAM consumption is a bit higher at custom rom can i tell you. False
    Custom roms dont affect the RAM negatively, if all is fine custom Roms give you more free RAM!
    The ROM is based on our 'stock android' by LG (version v10s) which has infact a bit more ram consumption compared to other v10'x' roms.
    You may have to revert your ROM to normal stock rom by lg

If so you can use KDZ for flashing stock rom
    And rooting (if needed) with superoneclick 1.7
    All these information can be found in our forum!

Gesendet von meinem LG-E400