StartOperaMini: Mortscript for *easily* launching and controlling Opera Mini!

Search This thread

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
Hi,

I've installed and configured the latest version (11b) but when I get into OM4.1, I see the wwww's get removed one by one, but the destination URL (picked up from a link in WM's mail application) is not getting pasted into the URL field.

So the process fails. It really does seem like it needs vito's cut and paste and that that piece is missing. But, nowhere does it say that this cut'n'paste app is required... plus I already have it installed!

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jon

I'm having the same issue: 0.10bSP3_StartOperaMini

Excalibur with 6.1
Mortscript saved to memory
ran setup only and changed nothing else.

JZ SmartMort

Mar 24, 2008
Burbank
Hi,

I've installed and configured the latest version (11b) but when I get into OM4.1, I see the wwww's get removed one by one, but the destination URL (picked up from a link in WM's mail application) is not getting pasted into the URL field.

So the process fails. It really does seem like it needs vito's cut and paste and that that piece is missing. But, nowhere does it say that this cut'n'paste app is required... plus I already have it installed!

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jon
I'm having the same issue: 0.10bSP3_StartOperaMini

Excalibur with 6.1
Mortscript saved to memory
ran setup only and changed nothing else.
Vito CopyPaste does not work in OM4.1 (actually JBed). You are not allowed to press-hold the action button in JBed so that's a limitation.

Last edited:

rebecker

Mar 13, 2007
Minneapolis
Skyfire Messed Up OM As Default

I tried Skyfire yesterday (for about 2 seconds. Couldn't get pass the password nonsense) and now OM is not the default browser. Tried running the script again, but nada. Can someone step me through the setup (or settings) to get OM back as my default browser?

Edit: Please, I've run the re-detect but still cannot get OM to work as my default browser. Here are my results:

Browser re-detect complete:
- ACTIONS ----
[Browsers (1)]
1. OM 4.x (d)(last)

[Commands (2)]
2. tinyurl.com
3. del.icio.us (d)

[Other (1)]
4. [IE] (e)

(d)=default (e)=exclude

What am I doing wrong????????????????

Thanks.

-Bob-

Last edited:

creed

Feb 28, 2006
Can't get Quickswitch to work

How do I get quickswitch to open the current page I am viewing in Opera mini in Internet explorer? I manage to get internet explorer to open but it just goes straight to the home page. I am not sure I am invoking quickswitch correctly. With the page open on Opera mini I run the script. Then a prompt comes up asking which browser I wish to use. I choose internet explorer.

These is my current setup:

- ACTIONS ---------
[Browsers (1)]
1. OM 4.x (d)(last)

[Commands (0)]

[Other (1)]
2. [IE] (e)

(d)=default (e)=exclude

- SETTINGS --------
Settings found: 38
format="3"
kill_jbed="0"
opera_control="f9-one"
dai_enabled="0"
prompt_timeout="2"
action_prompt="0"
exclude_prompt="0"
action_default="1"
exclude_default="OM 4.x(1)"
last_ver="OM 4.x"
wait_time_between_keys="100"
wait_time_for_java="5"
wait_time_for_opera_notrunning="5"
wait_time_for_opera_running="3"
wait_time_for_address="3"
trim_length="1"
jvm_file="\Windows\jbed.exe"
selector_file="\Windows\appdb\selector.utf"
jvm_title="Java"
debug="0"
quickswitch_enabled="1"
ie_paste_type="shift-insert"
ie_select_type="select-all"
ie_copy_type="ctrl-insert"
hide_messages="0"
ie_address="2"
qs_delay="0"
qs_timeout="2"
qs_prompt="0"
copy_position="3"
paste_position="4"
select_position="6"
om_paste_type="context-menu"
om_select_type="select-all"
om_copy_type="context-menu"
hkcopy="none"
cbsize="20"

UPDATE*
Quick switch just suddenly started working for no apparent reason! WTF??

Last edited:

bloodflower73

Oct 29, 2008
Problem with RssHub

Hi guys,
I have installed this script but when I read news with RssHub I can't open the link for read more because show me this message: "There is no applications associated with http://www......"
I've installed Jbed 2.1, Opera mini 4.1 and Mortscript 4.1.
My phone is Htc Diamond with cooked rom Dib 1.9.

Thank for your help!

B

estelleessex

Mar 19, 2009
miniopera

I am desperately trying to make MiniOpera my default browser and make it work when I click a link in an email message; I have read your postings, but I am not that technical and I don't know what to do with the zip file. I emailed it to myself on my Blackberry but then I'm lost.

Could you email me Estelle.Essex@ottawacatholicschools.ca on how to do it.
e

Last edited:

JZ SmartMort

Mar 24, 2008
Burbank
When will you create Opera Mini 5 beta support? :)
As you can see there have not been any updates in over a year. Go to the first post and read the top you will find this:

10/20/2008: You may or may not notice that I haven't updated the script in a while. I had lost my windows mobile phone (t-mobile shadow) many months ago and I guess that killed my enthusiasm and any practical way to do testing (process detection doesn't work very well on the emulator). It also doesn't help that mortscript is frozen in time as well. Since I don't really see many Windows Mobile Standard devices coming out and I refuse to use a phone that requires a stylus, my next phone will likely be an android device (which interestingly enough, has an opera mini port).

There are probably a few bugs lurking around in the code for some fringe cases, but as always, you are welcomed to examine and update the script to your needs and it would be very appreciated if you would post a link to the update here. Also, I think JZ's SmartMort script is still keeping things interesting so you may want to check that out.

Find the link to my software in my signature.