MK2 (NO OTA) SAFESTRAP to TWRP or AOSP groovy recovery

Search This thread

pendragon11

Oct 31, 2011
First off, please don't punch me for asking a question... I swear I usually know what I'm doing...

Anyway. I got a new S4, and was unable to root using motochopper. The phone was on MK2 but just wouldn't budge rootwise. Tried several comps etc. So I tried safestrap, which worked swimmingly. I see, however, that I cannot get a TW free rom on safestrap. So my question is:

How do I install a different recovery over a safestrap MK2 install? I never OTAed, other than safestrap I'm fresh out the box...Or is MK2 for some reason an upgrade from mk3 and I'm stuffed?

Thanks for the help and for hopefully not punching me.

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
First off, please don't punch me for asking a question... I swear I usually know what I'm doing...

Anyway. I got a new S4, and was unable to root using motochopper. The phone was on MK2 but just wouldn't budge rootwise. Tried several comps etc. So I tried safestrap, which worked swimmingly. I see, however, that I cannot get a TW free rom on safestrap. So my question is:

How do I install a different recovery over a safestrap MK2 install? I never OTAed, other than safestrap I'm fresh out the box...Or is MK2 for some reason an upgrade from mk3 and I'm stuffed?

Thanks for the help and for hopefully not punching me.

Before you make post like this read and search more.