[Resurrection Remix] [Q&A]- DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

strangebro

Jan 27, 2013
Bandung
on this rom i cant connect to any wafi network although it is visible on wifi menu
sorry i cant post in dev thread because my post is not enough yet

havesomefaith

Oct 13, 2013
I downloaded the latest RR version and i still get a notification that there is a new version available. It tells me I'm on 20140323.5.0.6 but there seems to be 20140323.5.0.7 available but i can't download it through the normal post.

By the way, I did a fresh installand still had android.sytem fc on startup. After reboot everything worked fine, just like in last version.

Other than that, great work! Keep it up!

t4n017

Jan 17, 2012
I downloaded the latest RR version and i still get a notification that there is a new version available. It tells me I'm on 20140323.5.0.6 but there seems to be 20140323.5.0.7 available but i can't download it through the normal post.

By the way, I did a fresh installand still had android.sytem fc on startup. After reboot everything worked fine, just like in last version.

Other than that, great work! Keep it up!

I'm sorry, this was a typo, thanks for reporting. I've made a temporary workaround, tell me if it worked (check if there's an update now).

havesomefaith

Oct 13, 2013
I'm sorry, this was a typo, thanks for reporting. I've made a temporary workaround, tell me if it worked (check if there's an update now).

Yes it worked :)

For me the quick pulldown is now working correctly and the lockscreen rotation bug is also gone.

Unfortunately the system ui fc after install was still there, so if you might have a look at this one again :) Anyone else can confirm that the system ui fc is still present?

Cheers!

t4n017

Jan 17, 2012
Can ya make rr. For ace2x 7560m

Sent from my GT-S7560M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My phone is a S Advance (janice).
I started learning how to build a ROM with Mahdi. We already have that ROM built by another TeamNova member, but that was my favourite ROM at that moment, I wanted to learn with it. As result, I won't rely on another dev for updates, I could do it by myself.

After succesfully build Mahdi I wanted to make my contribution to the community, but we already had most of the better ROMs. The only missing one was RR because it was giving lot of FC's (force closes) to another developer. I tried to build it and fortunately I fixed the FCs.
I fell in love with RR. I've tried lot of ROMs before and I was sure RR will be my daily one forever.

Then I decided to build it for codina because the devices have things in common (lot of the ROMs here from TeamNova were released first on janice). Just for you, as a gift. I didn't do it for me, I don't have that device (neither my family/friends).

But:
  1. I don't have free time to build it for every device
  2. Not having the phone make it more difficult to fix things
  3. Building it for devices which different hardware than janice will result in a new and different process.
    This depend on point 1 and 2.

I do it mostly for me, I really like RR. Obviously I decided to share it with you, but note that sharing it take much more time than simply building it for me. I have to upload, update threads, answer lot of questions.

TL;DR: No, I won't. My reason is explained above (hint: click button).

Last edited:

Danko Jones

Nov 17, 2013
I've already asked in Q&A thread, but may it's better here:

I've just installed this Rom with LIGHT_GAPPS-RR-KK-4.4.2-20140316-ART.
I'm coming from CM 10.2 by Rox.
After installation I'm getting following message: "com.android.systemui has stopped" serveral times.

I did a full wipe and factory reset and using newest version v5.0.8 [20140402]

What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

t4n017

Jan 17, 2012
I've already asked in Q&A thread, but may it's better here:

I've just installed this Rom with LIGHT_GAPPS-RR-KK-4.4.2-20140316-ART.
I'm coming from CM 10.2 by Rox.
After installation I'm getting following message: "com.android.systemui has stopped" serveral times.

I did a full wipe and factory reset and using newest version v5.0.8 [20140402]

What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know what causes it, I've never had that.
But some users reported the same. They said that if you skip installation and then reboot the device it will stop happening (or it will only happen once at boot). Try and report..

Danko Jones

Nov 17, 2013
I don't know what causes it, I've never had that.
But some users reported the same. They said that if you skip installation and then reboot the device it will stop happening (or it will only happen once at boot). Try and report..

I've tried it again (third try), running fine now without any problems so far.
Great ROM and thanks for fast answer. :good:
Is overclocking enabled by default? Because max freq is at 1000MHz.

Danko Jones

Nov 17, 2013
rotation problem

I've just flashed new (cleaned) kernel. Now I have problem with rotation. I've noticed it in facebook app first but it seems to affect other apps too. This bug is already reported in development thread.

Just want to let you know.

Uyee

Dec 21, 2013
Tabanan
BLN

I have some trouble of BLN light isnt not on when receiving new message from default Messaging app im installed the lastest RR 20140509 . . . and after playing a game then quit the game the system UI has FC and also after boot . . . please fix . . .
I also have a question does the quick setting button on quick pull down at right corner automatically disabled ? if yes it sometimes hiden completly so i can touch so i must swipe at bottom of quick pull down
http://xdaforums.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

>>>>>I'm sorry my english is bad, hope you understand....GREAT ROM I LOVE IT<<<<<http://xdaforums.com/images/smilies/good.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've created this thread so you can ask all your questions about Resurrection Remix. This way development thread will be cleaner.

I'll do my best to help you with your questions.