[LEAK/DEV][ICS 4.0.3] Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1

Search This thread

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
Wolverine is correct do not connect yr usb until u see the " cannot detect yr acer" screen which will give u instructions to enter apex mode manually and complete the flash

elsuirad

I know that.

I've been doing the changing ROMs and this is the image you're talking about.
2rw5k7k.png

This image below is the result after I installed the Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1

29470v4.jpg

Is there any way I can revert it back either to any ROMs and get rid of this Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1 ROM?

I want my tablet rooted again.

wolverine423

Feb 22, 2011
Tennessee
Not sure then...I used it to revert from the first ics leak a few weeks back. Started right up after I put it in apx mode. Anyone know how it references the newer versions?

Maybe try it without an active network connection?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

elsuirad

Maybe try it without an active network connection?

What do you mean by that?:confused:

Turn off or disable my Internet (Wifi) Connection?

Already done that and also my Bluetooth was also off during the process.

Followed all the instructions on those previous changing ROMs and always succeeded but it only happens to this ROM (Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1) after I installed and run, I'm expecting to have a root or I can install the apps for rooted tablets but no luck.:(

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
I know that.

This image below is the result after I installed the Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1

If this is the case then the apx drivers are not loading properly.
run PBJ20upgrade.exe and get to the cannot detect acer screen again.
do the reset/pwr button thing and connect your usb cable - now the apx drivers should load. From memory i think windows calls them boot/recovery drivers.
On your tab you should get the "entering download mode message".
If it still wont work then try on another computer its not an EUU problem, its a windows one.

As a side note there are 2 parts to the euu one part loads the usb/adb drivers once that is done the pbj20 starts the flashing process by installing the apx drivers.

Is there any way I can revert it back either to any ROMs and get rid of this Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1 ROM?

I want my tablet rooted again.

Depends which euu you downloaded. timmydeans one then yes you will have a rooted, stock 3.2.1. If youre still on the HC bootloader you can restore from a backup.

hammerusa2010

Jul 22, 2010
Could anyone helps me out have to install Leaked ROM. I downloaded file from first post link.
Here what I did
Power off-> hold down volume and power. when I saw text and release both, but I got error. Please attached picture. I am currently run 3.2.1.
Thank you

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
I guess you totally missed the large red letters and big STOP sign at the top of the first post telling you that this ROM is for DEVELOPMENT ONLY.

If you want to use ICS, use one of the ROM's based on the leak. All the complicated stuff has been done for you.

JIM

Jan 20, 2005
The all new Archos CHILDPAD is out, with ICS, how long do we still have to wait for the official ICS update for our A500?

Top Liked Posts