CMD wont Change to \Android

Search This thread

iondokk

Dec 11, 2007
[ Don't use Superuser by ChainsDD anymore.. Personally I would love to continue to use it but he is basically no longer supporting his Superuser app and binary and hasn't updated it in a very long time. SuperSU by Chainfire is constantly being updated therefore made to work with all current versions of Android.. Quite frankly it's all the same basically anyways I just liked the skull and cross bone look lol... Chainfire is a monster as well and has a ton of root related apps and cool things going on. ChainsDD I guess passed the torch on to Chainfire

Continue Reading ....

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Also I have no idea what that icon is next to the GPS icon.. You must be on Sprint, I'm on Verizon and I don't think I've seen that icon before..

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Also I have no idea what that icon is next to the GPS icon.. You must be on Sprint, I'm on Verizon and I don't think I've seen that icon before..[/QUOTE]

That's NFC go to settings and more to disable...
Then inject some Venom!

Ahhhh... Max Venom injection! Much better now...

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Huzzah! Thanks again! Hopefully I can actually freeze/remove system apps without them being brought back after a reboot. Also, in the picture provided, what is that icon in the notification bar just right of the GPS icon? And, is there any way to hide some of the icons?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Have you checked out which apps you can actually disable via the stock app manager before freezing them with tibu?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

neodiver

Jan 15, 2014
Long Island
Huzzah! Thanks again! Hopefully I can actually freeze/remove system apps without them being brought back after a reboot. Also, in the picture provided, what is that icon in the notification bar just right of the GPS icon? And, is there any way to hide some of the icons?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The icon to the right of your GPS icon is the NFC icon (Near Field Communication). It allows close proximity data transfer. You can transfer small files (ie. web pages, text docs etc.) to another NFC user simply by placing the backs of your phones together. If you feel you have no regular use for this network module, you can disable it by going to Settings (Wireless & Networks) - More - untick box. This will also disable status bar icon. If you ever need it, you can turn it back on.

If you're rooted you can use Xposed Framework to completely overhaul your status bar choosing which icons you want and which to ditch! ;)

neodiver

Jan 15, 2014
Long Island
I would definitely recommend exposed framework and sense 5 toolbox from that. Great customizations. I often joke that app put a lot of customized stock rom devs out of business (knowing they really didn't get paid )

XBlast tools and Xposed StatusBar modules will also offer your One Max status bar customizations. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OH! I think I got it! I'll report back with final details...

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Lol....didn't I say platform tools the first time ? Good luck man...

Btw if you get it working you just learned one of the most important prerequisites for android modding.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
    Yep! Unlocked the bootloader successfully! Now, I'm trying to Root and the instructions I'm following are good, but I'm stuck again - It says to run CMD and use the command "adb devices." It comes back with nothing found, yet, according to the instructions my phone's serial number should be listed. I placed the Superuser.zip file in the phone's storage (per requisite) and tried to run the command with the phone on normally and again in the bootloader.

No luck... Suggestions?

Edit: USB Debugging wasn't on... Trying again...

If you are unlocked you can simply download a custom recovery for your phone into your fastboot directory and boot your phone to boot loader (fastboot) mode. Flash your recovery using your appropriate fastboot command. Then boot to your new custom recovery and flash the su.zip you copied to the phone from recovery.