[Q] camera failed after "Phone to CAM FW write"

Search This thread

Michal142

Nov 29, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hi

I also have a problem with the camera. I am using the JVT and tried to change the files from the wave, but then the camera does not work - behave as if there were no such files. (I tried to remove and turn the camera effect is the same).

Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem ?

Please help :D

No_GooD

Feb 19, 2012
Ok the best fix is flashing the Wave CamFW

ROOT REQUIRES

1.Install RootExplorer
2.Delete the files in system/firmware
3.Copy the files (from download) in system/firmware
4. Enter *#34971539# and Click on "Phone to CAM FW Write"
5.Wait for "Update Succesfull"
6.Reboot and feel Happy

(Worked with Galaxy S bought in July 2011)

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=443793&d=1290069404

I did exactly what you said and it worked! Thanks for your help!:D

fabfab00

Mar 18, 2012
I tried the solution, but when I make "Phone to camera FW update" i get an error message saying: "Firmware update Failed".

Does anyone ever had this message before?

thx.

Last edited:

werachart

May 8, 2012
I tried the solution, but when I make "Phone to camera FW update" i get an error message saying: "Firmware update Failed".

Does anyone ever had this message before?

thx.

What's version of your Phone/Cam FW Ver Check?

"Firmware update Failed" may be caused by the incorrect /system/firmware/CE147F0x.bin files in your phone.

catalynoo

Nov 11, 2011
nothing worked for mr

i tried all your methods and for nothing.. it doesent work at all... any other sugestions? i am so upset with this camera thing... :(

mayaxda

Jul 23, 2008
What's version of your Phone/Cam FW Ver Check?

"Firmware update Failed" may be caused by the incorrect /system/firmware/CE147F0x.bin files in your phone.

Hi,
I got the same issue and tried to replace the /system/firmware/CE147F0x.bin files but couldn't work as well.
Could you advice the firmware update is for Froyo or GingerBread?
Kindly advice and thank you.

triple666

Oct 20, 2008
Hi to all !

I had a strange Problem. I flashed to slim ics 4.0 in June. After about 2 weeks later the camera stoped working.
So i´ve tried several other ICS Roms, Stock 2.3.6 Rom and an other Camera modul but nothing really help´d.
After that i looked here in the forum and tried the Wave files and other files, but it is still not working.
Now i´m on Stock 2.3.4 i think.

Does anyone know another trick or solution to fix my problem !?

Greetings from Austria
Triplesix

maurico0o

Mar 26, 2012
Hey,

I have some camera issues now.when trying to copy the CE147F03.bin, i get an error.

there is not enough space to complete the operation. Size: 808.13kb, available: 800kb.

Can anybody help :S! used the Wave files from page 1

Mauric

joskic

May 27, 2014
Daruvar
Help

First of all, hello everybody.

I need help as fast as possible, because well i need my camera on Samsung Galaxy S I9000 running 2.3.6 XXJVU.
I rooted my device, i downloaded all the files that i needed but my problem is next.
Root explorer is not a free app, so i downloaded ES File Explorer wich is free, so i used him to replace the firmware files of the camera.
Ofcourse, it didn't go well as expected. I have a granted acces from a superuser for ES File Explorer, but when i try to delete or overwrite the files in system/firmware i get message "Sorry, file cannot be deleted"

If anybody can help me..well HELP ME PLEASE!

jmes.keong

Aug 21, 2014
Thank's dud.... it'works.....but......

Ok Mr. Super Tipp.
It really worked. i tried everything before, wiping, flashing, reseting, other roms. nothing worked.

the bin files in the wave firmware are the conclusion.

-Download and Unzip the file ( 4 bin files)
-With root explorer copy the 4 bin files into: system/firmware (replace old ones)
-And then "Phone to CAM FW write"
-After the reboot the cam works again

Thanks, thanks thanks.

My main camera was fixed too with firmwarewave.7z. But still have problems my camera won't focus. it was blurr ....

my phone spec is gingerbread 2.3.3 with bandwith ner i9000dxjv6......

Thanks for you work anyway.....cheeersss.......:good::good::good::good::good:;);););););)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I already repair my camera with files from wave
    Finally Fixed

I've finally managed to fix my back camera in Galaxy S i9000 after a few weeks of trying, giving up and trying again. I remember messing it up when i was updating my phone with Odin for the first time. I was trying to install FROYO, the guide said to do the "Phone to Cam" thingy and BOOM, camera busted. The front cam was working, but the rear cam was giving me a "Camera Failed" error each time I've tried to take a photo (and the screen was black obviously).

Here's how I've done it:

I've used the firmware from samsung wave from the firmware_wave archive rs787 l3.rapidshare.c om/#!down load|787tg|445878056|firmware_wav e.7z|569 (remove the spaces, can't post links, sorry :)

The funny thing is, I've tried to flash the cam with this firmware before (on many different versions of Eclair, Froyo and Ginger, even on my current ROM), but it didn't work. It even made things worse. After putting wave files into the system/firmware, Phone to Cam and a reboot, my front cam ceased to work as well. after re-flashing the phone firmware front cam came back, but rear was still busted.

So here's what i did.

1. I reflashed my phone with Ginger (2.3.4, JVQ (i was using this rom for a while, even trying to fix camera on it with wave files, so the ROM seems not to matter).
    2. Rooted it
    3. Installed ES File Explorer (so i could edit, switch and replace system files)
    4. Put files from firmware_wave.7z to the system/firmware folder.
    5. Reboot! (this is one thing i haven't done in my previous attempts)
    6. Press *#7412364# and select Phone to cam write.
    7. Wait for the flashing to end, then reboot again.
    8. Now it should work correctly.

So there are two differences between the successful attempt and the failed ones (at least these two i can remember).

1. Point (5.), reboot after copying the files!
    2. As far as i remember every previous attempt was done with Sales Code in the phone left unchanged after the flash (it was usually XEU or KOR afaik.). This time I've changed it to XEO (first thing i've done just after re-flashing Gingerbread), which is my Galaxy's original sales code. You might have to change it to Your country's original code.

Ok. That's it. Quite a long post, but i was trying to reproduce here all of the circumstances and steps that led to fixing the problem, instead of just a "HA, FIXED IT, THX" :) I hope this wall of text can actually help someone.
    Ok the best fix is flashing the Wave CamFW

ROOT REQUIRES

1.Install RootExplorer
    2.Delete the files in system/firmware
    3.Copy the files (from download) in system/firmware
    4. Enter *#34971539# and Click on "Phone to CAM FW Write"
    5.Wait for "Update Succesfull"
    6.Reboot and feel Happy

(Worked with Galaxy S bought in July 2011)

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=443793&d=1290069404
    и тут ты :D подумал может тут кто-то пытался разными прошивками или ещё какие рецепты попробовать... где-то здесь встретил, похожая ситуация, прошивка на jpm помогла. jpm качается, а так уже штук 6 разных лил, бестолку.

?????????????
    gregor206
    Try *#34971539# -> Phone to CAM FW Write

Wow! It's works;)
    Thank you very much!