FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th June 2018, 06:32 PM |#11071  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey.

I am looking for some budget/mid range phone from 200€ to 400€(max). I dont have any specific requirements. Mostly I will use it for Youtube/Netflix, navigation, games(?)... Past 2 years I owned Xiaomi mi4s and I loved weekly updates from xiaomiu.eu. I was looking at something like Mi 8 SE, but it doesnt have B20 LTE :/ Thanks for your reccomendations.

Jakub

27th June 2018, 06:33 PM |#11072  
Flag Lewisville, Tx
Thanks Meter: 422

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmerc

https://www.phonearena.com/news/ZTE-...-price_id87364

If you're feeling brave

LOL Only problem, since it still has a touch screen.. These carriers will still consider it a smart phone, and have the excuse to charge you that fee, they charge for such features.
27th June 2018, 09:16 PM |#11073  
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Do I have any options other than the LG V30 series?
My Nexus 5X exhibited the first signs of the Bootloop of Death today. I'm looking for a new phone that (in descending order of importance):

- Works on Verizon.
- Has an unlockable bootloader/rootable/ROMs available (all V30 variants have this now I think)
- Has a great camera
- Isn't made by Huawei or Xiaomi
- Has a microSD slot
- Has a headphone jack

I don't really play games on the phone so I don't need the absolute best performance specs. Because of that, I usually don't replace my phone until it breaks, so having a good custom ROM selection is important for keeping Android updated until that happens. I'm considering a Pixel 2 (or 3 if my 5X holds out that long) for that reason, but if I also want a headphone jack and microSD slot, the only option I see right now is the LG V30 series. Any others I'm missing?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacquestrapp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jacquestrapp Ad-Free
27th June 2018, 09:56 PM |#11074  
Thanks Meter: 163

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakubkoje

Hey.

I am looking for some budget/mid range phone from 200€ to 400€(max). I dont have any specific requirements. Mostly I will use it for Youtube/Netflix, navigation, games(?)... Past 2 years I owned Xiaomi mi4s and I loved weekly updates from xiaomiu.eu. I was looking at something like Mi 8 SE, but it doesnt have B20 LTE :/ Thanks for your reccomendations.

Jakub

Have a look on:

1. Motorola Moto X 4th Gen
Link: https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Gene.../dp/B077RNH9HT

2. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (yeah, Mi Mix 2: ~€332 or €345 on Amazon, but No Warranty)
Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0798..._t1_B075SBJ3T2

3. Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
Link: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax.../dp/B0756RR5XY

PS: All phones mentioned above have B20 for LTE

Sent from my Note 3 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Bogdan010 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bogdan010 Ad-Free
28th June 2018, 10:38 AM |#11075  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquestrapp

My Nexus 5X exhibited the first signs of the Bootloop of Death today. I'm looking for a new phone that (in descending order of importance):

- Works on Verizon.
- Has an unlockable bootloader/rootable/ROMs available (all V30 variants have this now I think)
- Has a great camera
- Isn't made by Huawei or Xiaomi
- Has a microSD slot
- Has a headphone jack

I don't really play games on the phone so I don't need the absolute best performance specs. Because of that, I usually don't replace my phone until it breaks, so having a good custom ROM selection is important for keeping Android updated until that happens. I'm considering a Pixel 2 (or 3 if my 5X holds out that long) for that reason, but if I also want a headphone jack and microSD slot, the only option I see right now is the LG V30 series. Any others I'm missing?

Give a look at the OnePlus's, I have the 3t atm and looking to buy the just released 6th version.
They are high class but with the price of a medium class, you can't go wrong with them!
28th June 2018, 04:04 PM |#11076  
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnauec

Give a look at the OnePlus's, I have the 3t atm and looking to buy the just released 6th version.
They are high class but with the price of a medium class, you can't go wrong with them!

I do like their price and design, but I don't think there's a OnePlus phone that supports all the CDMA and LTE bands that Verizon uses, mainly LTE band 13, which is the main LTE band for Verizon I think.
29th June 2018, 02:23 AM |#11077  

More
I'm looking for a phone that I can flash the ROM with similar specs to the Galaxy S7 or better.

Any suggestions?

It took me 6+ hours of trying to get stock android on a Galaxy S7 to learn that the bootloader can't be unlocked.
30th June 2018, 03:40 PM |#11078  
Flag Taos New Mexico
Thanks Meter: 836

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=securityfirst;76941105]I'm looking for a phone that I can flash the ROM with similar specs to the Galaxy S7 or better.
Any suggestions?

What is" the ROM"? Any ROM? An s7 ROM? What Bands do you need? Do you need 4g or is 3g ok? You need to try to be a bit more specific. Do you want a phone with official twrp? I think I can suggest 50 different phones but need more information first.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Labs
1st July 2018, 03:48 PM |#11079  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I'm in UK, looking for a midrange phone, with the best features of the brand's below. I thought ZTE axon 7 might fit the bill but the Oreo ROM ruined the battery apparently. Willing to spend up to £250

Oppo, OnePlus plastic back
Samsung amoled screen
OnePlus security updates, android one, pixel
5.5 screen max
Microsd card
Don't care about bezel size
Battery at least 5 hrs sot on Oreo
Headphone port, dac
NFC
Ant plus
Compass, gyroscope etc
Bands 4g 800/1800/2600MHz UK

Looking forward to getting a few ideas
1st July 2018, 04:35 PM |#11080  

More
Camera phone
Hi all,
I'm from Italy and I'm looking for a phone that can be rooted, with a great screen and battery, and the best camera possible, which one should I get? Is the s9 plus a good option or are there better ones?
That said I've another question, I had the whole lg g series and I still think the g4 had the best camera for photos, am I wrong or is there some truth, like hardware/software differencies which made the photos better?
Thanks for reading.
1st July 2018, 10:54 PM |#11081  
Flag Fort Wellington
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FONGH

Hi all,
I'm from Italy and I'm looking for a phone that can be rooted, with a great screen and battery, and the best camera possible, which one should I get? Is the s9 plus a good option or are there better ones?
That said I've another question, I had the whole lg g series and I still think the g4 had the best camera for photos, am I wrong or is there some truth, like hardware/software differencies which made the photos better?
Thanks for reading.

Pixel 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)