FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th February 2019, 10:04 AM |#11471  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,

I'm looking for a device under 120€/135$ which can be rooted and with a fastboot that would run the command:
Code:
fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0
I tried Huawei but since they stopped unlocking bootloaders it won't accept the fastboot command.
I tried Xiaomi but the wait time to unlock the bootloader is impractical and it does not run the fastboot command anyway.
I like Lenovo Moto a lot but devices in our price range might not be bootloader unlockable.

Does anyone know a phone that's cheap enough and can be rooted and bootloader unlocked (so it can boot on charge when off)?

Thanks for your help!

19th February 2019, 10:12 AM |#11472  
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 758

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoPolymorph

Hello,

I'm looking for a device under 120€/135$ which can be rooted and with a fastboot that would run the command:

Code:
fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0
I tried Huawei but since they stopped unlocking bootloaders it won't accept the fastboot command.
I tried Xiaomi but the wait time to unlock the bootloader is impractical and it does not run the fastboot command anyway.
I like Lenovo Moto a lot but devices in our price range might not be bootloader unlockable.

Does anyone know a phone that's cheap enough and can be rooted and bootloader unlocked (so it can boot on charge when off)?

Thanks for your help!

You can check Xiaomi's android one phone, android one phone can be unlockable with a simple command fastboot oem unlock
Mi A2
Mi A2 Lite
Mi A1 (Too old to consider)

All motorolo phones can be unlockable with a unlock codes (you need to get unlock code from Motorola website)
19th February 2019, 12:36 PM |#11473  
Thanks Meter: 223

More
I've never heard of a phone that meets your criteria. Those are almost all standard smartphone features and have been for a long time. Maybe you could find an older phone that has no fingerprint sensor and has a broken microphone and broken GPS?

But to answer your second question I post answers here occasionally but I'm not the best person for recommendations most of the time because I'm not in the market for a phone for a while and I only out of curiosity look up reviews on the phones that I think would suit me and my budget when it's time to upgrade eventually.

Also a lot of people post with a budget in another countries currency and I don't know that currency or what phones are even available there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Sorry that was supposed to be a quote to kristofthewise. I also didn't realize there was several more posts after his when I started typing mine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
21st February 2019, 06:27 AM |#11474  
Flag Velletri, RM
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Android phone with this features
Hi everybody,

I recently changed my Nexus 5x for a Honor 10, but I am not satisfied because it is super long and narrow, they call 19:9 and it comes with customization and additional UI with not so vibrant community about custom ROMs either, because of longer process to unlock, root and so on. Now that I explained the background, I can formulate my question.

Would you advise for an android device with the following features, or at least the most of them
* relevant, ** very relevant *** top importance

Android One (or easy to put custom roms) ***
Squared shape (like 16:9 or anyway not too long and narrow) **
Screen > 5.5" **
2018 or newer **
Decent battery life **

About price and availability, I am in Europe now.
For price, I am open considering that performance is not a top priority for me.
If it's coming next, I can also wait for a new device to be available.

Less relevant, but nice add ons are:
Waterproof * / Cameras * / SD * / performance (I don't expect the best, but at least good worth the penny)
21st February 2019, 07:48 PM |#11475  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
My Xiaomi Redmi 5A is dead/dying. I've been overall happy with it running crDroid.

Requirements for new phone:
* Cheap
* Can be rooted without too much hassle
* Same or better hardware specs/performance
* Similar size/shape

Any suggestions? Thanks
21st February 2019, 09:28 PM |#11476  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Hey guys!
So it looks like my Xperia M2 Aqua is about to reach it's limit after about 2,5 Years of usage, and since it sometimes gets so slow that even normal apps like Instagram or Whatsapp are causing the phone to completely freeze, I'd like to get an upgrade

For now, I'm looking at buying either:
• The Samsung Galaxy J4+
• The Samsung Galaxy J6+

My Budget is between 200-280€ btw, but right now both of those phones got an price cut to 160€ so I can't quite decide which one to get

I'm open for other phone recommendations that are at my Budget though
21st February 2019, 09:57 PM |#11477  
Flag Fort Wellington
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_Scythe

Hey guys!
So it looks like my Xperia M2 Aqua is about to reach it's limit after about 2,5 Years of usage, and since it sometimes gets so slow that even normal apps like Instagram or Whatsapp are causing the phone to completely freeze, I'd like to get an upgrade

For now, I'm looking at buying either:
• The Samsung Galaxy J4+
• The Samsung Galaxy J6+

My Budget is between 200-280€ btw, but right now both of those phones got an price cut to 160€ so I can't quite decide which one to get

I'm open for other phone recommendations that are at my Budget though

You can consider much better phones than those bro. Such as the Mi A2, Nokia 6.1 Plus etc.
21st February 2019, 10:01 PM |#11478  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaleg

Hi everybody,

I recently changed my Nexus 5x for a Honor 10, but I am not satisfied because it is super long and narrow, they call 19:9 and it comes with customization and additional UI with not so vibrant community about custom ROMs either, because of longer process to unlock, root and so on. Now that I explained the background, I can formulate my question.

Would you advise for an android device with the following features, or at least the most of them
* relevant, ** very relevant *** top importance

Android One (or easy to put custom roms) ***
Squared shape (like 16:9 or anyway not too long and narrow) **
Screen > 5.5" **
2018 or newer **
Decent battery life **

About price and availability, I am in Europe now.
For price, I am open considering that performance is not a top priority for me.
If it's coming next, I can also wait for a new device to be available.

Less relevant, but nice add ons are:
Waterproof * / Cameras * / SD * / performance (I don't expect the best, but at least good worth the penny)

Try to give a look at the Redmi Note 5 Pro, it's cheap, it's probably the best ROM-phone and it has a good hardware overall.
If you have an higer budget go for OnePlus phones
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nico2416 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nico2416 Ad-Free
21st February 2019, 11:51 PM |#11479  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nokia 7.1 or Motorola G6plus?
Hey
I can buy one of these phones used 1-2 months for similar good prcice. And I have dilema.
The most important for me is camera(quality in night condition also matters) - I have no idea which one is better in this field.

Also I pay attention to screen and design - I guess in this regards Nokia win. However I have some doubts about 3gb ram in Nokia, it seems too little, but maybe its enough because of pure android?

I have also option to buy LG G6 but for similar price, but it would be used about 12months.
What do you think?
22nd February 2019, 06:55 AM |#11480  
Flag Velletri, RM
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico2416

Try to give a look at the Redmi Note 5 Pro, it's cheap, it's probably the best ROM-phone and it has a good hardware overall.
If you have an higer budget go for OnePlus phones

I see, my concern is that is from exactly 1 year ago and is still quite long (18:9)… does it have a similar successor?

About OnePlus, any model that could suit me better?
22nd February 2019, 01:35 PM |#11481  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirk365

You can consider much better phones than those bro. Such as the Mi A2, Nokia 6.1 Plus etc.

Thanks for the fast answer mate, the Mi A2 as well as the Nokia 6.1 sound interesting, although it's kinda hard to get your hands on an Mi A2, and the Nokia 6.1 is still a bit overpriced and starts at about 300€ here where I live. And also, I wanna test and play around a little with them in the Electronics store before buying one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)