Testers needed for Unis - free Netflix alternative - free TV-show streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bjarnehe

Mar 21, 2011
I would love to see the option to set default app for playing stream with subtitle.
Now it is requires MX Player which can't be changed as far as I can see.

BubbleUPnP will support streaming to Chromecast with subtitles in the upcoming release. That + Unis would be a perfect combination :)

See BubbleUPnP thread for more info regarding subtitle support:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655273&page=5

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

k2thec

Oct 25, 2006
the other apps are similar. I use xprivacy to limit permissions.

google is actively working to make android functionally less open with each new release.

bombaybadboy

Apr 22, 2012
Wherever
I had to ask this but is anyone having trouble with veehd links on unis. I have just moved to 4.2.2 on i9500 so that might be why im having problems.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
Hi guys.

This app allows you to download copyrighted movies/TV shows, free of charge. This goes against rule #9:
9. Don't get us into trouble.
Don't post copyrighted materials or do other things which will obviously lead to legal trouble. If you wouldn't do it on your own homepage, you probably shouldn't do it here either. This does not mean that we agree with everything that the software piracy lobby try to impose on us. It simply means that you cannot break any laws here, since we'll end up dealing with the legal hassle caused by you. Please use common sense: respect the forum, its users and those that write great code.

We welcome all development that respects the rules and doesn't get XDA into trouble. Sadly, while this app has formed a large community of users from what I see, it still goes against the forum rules, and I have to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unis Video (BETA)

Latest update: v2.8
    - Ability to see what episode you watched last from each show
    - Putlocker FC Bug fix

Previous update: v2.7
    - Choose your own video player
    - Change download file name
    - Remember download directory
    - Minor bug fixes (such as "null" at Episode Info)
    - Android Eclair and Froyo support

Also working on a seperate app, specifically developed for Google TV devices.

Future releases:
    - ChromeCast support (waiting for official SDK)
    - More sources
    - Movies
    - Plugin to get the player from v2.0 back.

MOD EDIT: Link removed for downloads and more information.
    Unis Video - v4!

Thanks everyone for your patience and support!

Version 4 is finally here!

Changelog
    • Temporarily removed multiple languages due to bad translations
    • Brand new layout
    • Better movie search
    • All your data is being synchronised with the cloud now
    • Unis Video now remembers exactly which episodes you already watched, and gives them a blue color
    • Faster than before
    • Streams are getting fetched by plugins, which allows me to easily update those plugins without updating the whole Unis application
    • And a lot more...

NOTE!
    Putlocker has a lot of server issues at the moment. If an error occurs while fetching the stream, please try again immediately, because it may suddenly work the second time you try it. I'll implement a solution in the next update of the Putlocker-plugin.

REMEMBER!
    MX Player is recommended to play the video streams and is required to play subtitles!

Translations
    In a few days, I'll post a link to change and add the translations. In a week, I'll update the app with the new translations.

Download links
    In a few hours, the application and the plugins will be available in the Play Store:

If you can't wait or do not have the Play Store on your device, you can download the apk files here:
    http://unis.redtarantulas.com/index.php?title=Downloads

Thanks again everyone, leave your comments and bug reports below!

SCREENSHOTS
    2ligzzt.png
    15zi58o.png
    24656hs.png
    20r0g1.png
    He has. It's not serious to disappear for months, resurrect for a day and disappear again..
    Search for show box in google. Much better http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2495929

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I didn't disappear again.. I'm working hard on the new update cause the last one kinda sucked. And yes, I'm still going to school, and next year there's college so I'm really really busy. And honestly, I don't care about the competition. I'm glad there are other apps out there when mine is failing. I don't have time to constantly update the app as the sites that provide the streams change constantly. I hope you can all understand this. Anyway, school's out for two weeks so I'm literally busting my ass off for the new update. Some new features:
    - All your information and settings will be stored on your Unis-account, which will allow synchronization between all your devices.
    - Improved layout of all the screens
    - More sources
    - Backup Tubeplus/Icefilms browser which you can use when servers are crashing or when search fails

Check the screenshots.
    Update - v2.99

Have some patience cause I'm still working on version 3.0.

Now launching an emergency update cause some PutLocker-links have stopped working.

Download it here:
    http://unis.redtarantulas.com/index.php?title=Downloads#APK_Download

Will be pushed to Play Store in a couple of hours.

Also: NFL Streams are dead. I don't host them, so I can't do anything about it. If someone finds a legit NFL Stream online, send me the link, I'll implement it. I've already searched, but haven't found any.

Also: For those who downloaded the MX Player Test Build: new temp build available:
    MX Player for Android 4.3
    MX Player Pro for Android 4.3

I'm really busy, sorry if I don't immediately respond on emails or posts in this thread. I read them all though.

3.0 update will feature:
    - more sources
    - classic Doctor Who episodes
    - movies!
    - more subtitle sources
    - new streams!
    - the ability to add a stream of your own!
    An explanation

Hello guys,

I'm very sorry for letting you wait so long for the new update.

I have a lot of things going on right now, but I'm working on a more stable Unis, with seperate plugins, which will be updated seperately if that section of the app starts to fail.

For example:
    There will be a seperate Putlocker-plugin, which allows me to update the Putlocker-section without updating the whole application, there will be a seperate subtitle-plugin, IceFilms-plugin, TubePlus-plugin, a music search and download plugin etc.

Expect more news in a week or so.

Sorry for letting you wait so long.
    Bram