PIT file for T-Mobile Galaxy s 4

Search This thread

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
How could I in Odin insert a PIT file to remap my filesystem.

Is there one for the TMO S4 or could I simply use one from the gt9505?

You don't.

Remapping the file system is not a current mod and is not recommended to try. One of the 95xx variants had a remapped PIT file done to add a little bit of usable space. (You can't use that one. It will break your 919 device) The risk was high and the benefit was low. It's just so cheap and easy to buy a 32 or 64 GB external SD card that accomplishes the same thing.

Stoowyguy

Account currently disabled
Dec 23, 2012
Lake in The Hills
I guess basically what I'm trying to achieve is for my phone to be able to install custom roms again. Randomly one day I was unable to install any, for it would just install a few apks from each CustomRom installation zip. :(

I've tried reinstalling stock and it doesn't fix my issue that most likely lies in the file system of my phone.

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
I guess basically what I'm trying to achieve is for my phone to be able to install custom roms again. Randomly one day I was unable to install any, for it would just install a few apks from each CustomRom installation zip. :(

I've tried reinstalling stock and it doesn't fix my issue that most likely lies in the file system of my phone.

That is weird. Did you try to reflash back to stock using Odin? Or by flashing a nandroid of a stock ROM?

If using Odin to flash a stock image doesn't work I'm not sure a pit file would help. The stock .tar image for Odin contains the proper PIT file. So it's getting the PIT file anyway.

Stoowyguy

Account currently disabled
Dec 23, 2012
Lake in The Hills
I'll try again..

I've tried coming back from Odin many times but I've noticed Odin is pretty sketchy because honestly most of the time oI get FAIL status near the end of stock installation but I keep going until it passes and I've tried going back from NAND. I was going to see this phone because no one on XDA nor me could figure out this tricky issue. Someone pm'd me claiming he has the same issue and I told him I haven't solved it yet. I think tomorrow I'm going to maybe try stock install and then wipe data factory reset after and then boot and then go back to download mode and install recovery and try install wicked or maybe gpe. Btw the last ROM I was running was Gpe by Kot49h danvd I think the name is

Skitts

Jul 29, 2013
I'm The Second Person Who Claimed it Wasn't work

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk