[ROM] 30/09/2009 - HERO2 - Freedom of choice 1.5.5 JACSKI BFS-240

Search This thread

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
home screen is currently loading...I'll let you all know whatsup when i set it up as I usually do...though I'm probably going to cause a bootloop when I flash data.img.

Jun 2, 2009
Melbourne
It is certainly fluid on the home screens. Also quite snappy all round. It is certainly as fast/faster than JAC's. Includes some cool apps aswell. May need some cutting down due to size. But very usable.

phatman81

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey City
It is certainly fluid on the home screens. Also quite snappy all round. It is certainly as fast/faster than JAC's. Includes some cool apps aswell. May need some cutting down due to size. But very usable.

Beat me to it, but i agree, loading the widgets on the homoescreens seem to go fast and respond very quick also. gonna load it up and stress it out to see how it fairs...

EZ14U2NV

Feb 25, 2009
OMG!!! Finally the contact list in people scrolls smoothly! ive tried every hero rom (i'd like to think) at least 15 flashes and this one is VERY snappy!

HOWEVER anyone else having trouble getting weather to show on clock widget!?

EDIT: cant get picture album widget to change pictures either
EDIT: just so everyone knows... THIS BUILD IS WORTH FLASHING

Last edited:

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
hmmm, i noticed it seems to update the homescreen after it loads...and i had one force close (my mistake) and it came back realllly fast.

altogether a much better rosie.

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
bit of a problem...messages widget doesnt seem to work properly...i can scroll from 1/X to 2/X but anything beyond that i cannot do...dont know if its becuase i flashed data.img or not though, so not reporting it as an official problem yet.

EZ14U2NV

Feb 25, 2009
I noticed people on the devs message board saying they are also not getting weather on flip-clock widget! anyone have a fix?
EDIT: upon further inspection i noticed the flip-clock... does not flip!
i think this is faster in every way that i can see than the previous hero roms!! however it is not perfect ;-)

Last edited:

Noirlecroi

Jul 10, 2009
If coming from twisted's rom, do i need a total wipe or just a wipe of ext3 and repair extensions??

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
Very responsive, especially after I deleted a few things.

HTC CIME
HTC Weather + Widgets
Spare Parts
Tether
HTC Widgets - Bookmarks, mail, Calendar, footprints, stock.
teeter
weather provider
system sounds
plurk
java
terminal emulator
footprints, stock, mail.apk
Have 5 htc widgets going with very little lag and 78 apps installed.

yourtravelboy

May 25, 2009
California
Testing report

Took a while to load, but thats expected. Its super snappy. I'm very impressed by how fast it goes home and how fast you can move around on the home screen once you're there. Sms seems to work well 10/10 for me so far. Sms app icon shows message count = ] (thought the widget was the only one that did) Haven't tested the in call latency yet, but will in the morning after the phone sits for awhile. This doesn't even seem like the same hero roms we've been flashing lately. I look in "About Phone" and it says its Jac/Ski, but is it really? = ] What are your secrets dude? Good work

Dror520

May 28, 2009
so do I need to wipe data and ext partition if i'm coming from twisted rom? thanks!