[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for Desire GSM V7.0.3 (06/05/2011)

Search This thread

drbee79

Oct 23, 2010
I am having problems connecting to twitter, "an error occurred when signing in..." . Wiped everything tryed to install several times. It works on different rom.

Please help

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

lfcjake

Oct 27, 2010
Why doesn't my market launch when I press it? It just shows a white screen then goes back to my phone menu? Can someone help? Thanks.

mhulsegge

May 4, 2010
Nijverdal
What's fasterfix? Does it help with GPS issues or just help in getting a lock faster. I'll try it out but I've let my phone sit for 15min once trying to get a lock and nothing.

It helps getting a fix faster, as it sets the country/continent you're. However I could imagine it helping for this as well.
Also saw for some DesireHD users that the app gpsfix helped.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

sunster

Nov 30, 2010
hi all... i m having this problem in both Oxygen and Cyanogen MOD. Gingerbread IME is not showing the numbers 3,6,7,8,9... and others are shown. for a try i installed the gingervillian rom couple of days ago and it showed every number correctly placed.

can you suggest me a good way to correct this problem.

thanks

i had this issue too but after a reboot the numbers came back and keyboard ok.

sunster

Nov 30, 2010
I tried to get S2E to work numerous times but it just wasn't reliable. I kept getting crashes, apps disappearing.... I'm now using DarkTremor App2SD and it's been working flawlessly ever since. Also there's a nice gui for it now, search for A2SDGUI in the market. CM7 + DarkTremor A2SD is a perfect combination as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks to all the responses. I actually got it working after another wipe and rom install. After the first failure, i was actually considering those options as they worked perfectly when i was on Gingervillain. Custom partition was also a option.

Last edited:

chronicfathead

Mar 23, 2008
Sleaford, Lincs
Hi, just come from Oxygen (tired of Thalamus's comments), and I've noticed that Tapatalk stutters while scrolling through posts. It's mainly noticeable when I scroll to get to the bottom of a long page, so it's not critical, but is this normal on CM? I'm not noticing it in anything else

I've changed to the last vorkKernel, and it's better.

I'm enjoying it so far, apart from accidentally deleting the drawer icon in the launcher on my first browse. It's a pain to get it back when you're not used to using that launcher and you haven't installed the G-apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorzua

jack221291

Dec 19, 2010
Can anyone help with my bluetooth issue? Ive paired with my laptop but cannot connect or send files, added and removed devices several times, cleared bluetooth data on phone, reinstalled bluetooth drivers on laptop. Installed CM7 over full wipe, and dalvik cache, standard CM7 kernel and radio32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27

Thanks

ali8383

Aug 28, 2010
Hamad Town
Xiaomi Mi 10
some games that i downloaded is not appear !!!

I cant find them in applications also to remove it !!

The rom also some slow in some games with full performance and 1113 cpu speed !!

Arabic is very good and fonts also , thanks man for that !!

andQlimax

Jul 29, 2010
Rome
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Can anyone help with my bluetooth issue? Ive paired with my laptop but cannot connect or send files, added and removed devices several times, cleared bluetooth data on phone, reinstalled bluetooth drivers on laptop. Installed CM7 over full wipe, and dalvik cache, standard CM7 kernel and radio32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27

Thanks

+1 on this...Some problems with the bluetooth with all the CM roms i tried..

Can't pair the bluetooth with my car, no way to pair it..With sense and miui roms it works uff :(

Kali- please look at this, the only thing i dont like in CM

Last edited:

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
I'm quite sure the wifi isn't the one to blame, coz i had it turned off all the time...as to whatsapp i had it on on oxy too, but it never drained too much :-/
I also tried uninstalling setcpu and using the built in cpu thingy, no way...

Even if you have it turned off, I would still recommend setting it to "never", this is a known bug in Gingerbread ROMs..

lowlow2

Apr 30, 2010
Is there now a possibility to change the smiley button for a return button on the standard keyboard? (I'm not a child anymore and ever since I appreciate interpunction)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

botellito

Sep 8, 2010
i still have the problem that with mobile data push is not working. with wifi works all fine. tried eviollet kernel, last richardtrip kernel and thalamus kernel..... wifi policy is set to never. and with mobile data i can go to the internet....the mails arent puched or synced

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
Cyanogenmod7 community

Hi, just come from Oxygen (tired of Thalamus's comments),

After had tried since the very first posts on oxygen thread, i had to leave for all stupid and unproductive comments from thalamus and other followers of the same kind ....

Cyanogenmod 7 is a great team and people on this thread are way better and helping so welcome here Chronic ;)

andQlimax

Jul 29, 2010
Rome
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
+1 on this...Some problems with the bluetooth with all the CM roms i tried..

Can't pair the bluetooth with my car, no way to pair it..With sense and miui roms it works uff :(

Kali- please look at this, the only thing i dont like in CM

After some angry time, found it my self :eek:

system/etc/bluetooth/auto_pairing.conf :

Sense/miui froyo roms (BT works):
Code:
// Blacklisting by Exact Name:
ExactNameBlacklist=Motorola IHF1000,i.TechBlueBAND,X5 Stereo v1.3

CM/miui GB roms (BT NOT work):
Code:
ExactNameBlacklist=Motorola IHF1000,i.TechBlueBAND,X5 Stereo v1.3[B],KML_CAN[/B]

Changed the file like the sense one with root explorer and BT works! I'm fantastic! :D

Reactions: Yorzua

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

cyanogen said:
    This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Desire (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery (Unrevoked method is recommended).
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio! New radio from HTC 2.2+ roms is required (Desire Radio Thread).
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Latest version: 7.0.3-Desire - 06/05/2011
    Download: update-cm-7.0.3-Desire-signed.zip
    Also available for download via ROM Manager
    MD5Sum: bb8145548867e2bc6b463d3803f99175

cyanogen said:
    The 7.0.3 update is *ONLY* for people using 7.0.2* stable builds. You'll hose your system if you install it on a nightly from the last week (2.3.4/GRJ22).

Google Addon: 20110307 Universal
    Download: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

Battery drain issue:
    Set wifi sleep policy to never
    settings -> wireless & networks -> wifi settings
    press menu -> advanced and set wifi sleep policy to Never
    press menu -> save

CM7 HBOOT by Alpharev | xda thread
    Change partition table size 130/5/302 (system/cache/size)
    Require nightly #18 or newer
    Upgrade instruction:
    1) Nandroid backup in recovery.
    2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
    3) Flash HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (Back+POWER) -> 'fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-cm7.img'
    4) 'fastboot reboot-bootloader'
    5) 'fastboot erase cache'
    6) Boot recovery, wipe everything, advanced restore system & data, install CM7 again (same version or a newer one).

Legacy App2SD:
    Simple2Ext (Easy with a GUI)
    CM7 Legacy App2SD Addon Script (For Advanced user, Command Line)

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    7.2 RC1 should be out in the next few weeks
    So much usage but today was the first time that I realized you can swipe each individual notification for it to slide away. Heh.

------------------------------
    - Sent via HTC Desire -
    Hi Guys, thanks for this excellent Rom, for noobs like me after install of update & gapps:

actvate A2SD

download S2E from market
    open and check boxes
    Reboot
    Wait - 5/10 minutes
    all apps/dalvik now on SD
    hope this helps & thanks again
    After some angry time, found it my self :eek:

system/etc/bluetooth/auto_pairing.conf :

Sense/miui froyo roms (BT works):
    Code:
    ExactNameBlacklist=Motorola IHF1000,i.TechBlueBAND,X5 Stereo v1.3

CM/miui GB roms (BT NOT work):
    Code:
    ExactNameBlacklist=Motorola IHF1000,i.TechBlueBAND,X5 Stereo v1.3[B],KML_CAN[/B]

Changed the file like the sense one with root explorer and BT works! I'm fantastic! :D

i'll recommend to open a issue for all bug and enhancements report

Running perfectly smooth with latest 2.6.37.6 coutts cfs kernel. Best so far.
    upcoming 7.0.1 have 720p playback support, which require some kernel changes... don't blame cm if 720p playback will be broken using other kernel

7.0.1 will also fixes the 2 notification bugs

ps
    aosp do not support 720p playback on 8x50 (nexus one)