[TOOL/MINIPRO] [UPDATE 07/01/2013] Flashtool version 0.9.10.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Search This thread

eltonpestana

May 5, 2012
Matinhos
ASUS ROG Phone II
=(

I had a similar issue with my Arc S because my child (1 year old) put the cable in its mouth lol. I changed my cable with another one and no issue anymore. That's all I can say. I really think its a cable or connector issue. Maybe in flashmode or fastboot mode, used wires are not the same as in normal mode.

friend I already tried with two other cable and the problem still persists. Really the problem appeared after the error FlashTool. Rage was using the Kernel with Real ICS 5.1. I did a reboot in fastboot mode flashtools not believe something right and gave acknowledged failure. After that it started the problem.

aloysius987

Feb 3, 2011
The mirrors are actually quite hard to use.

is it possible to use other mirroring sites other than those above? i cannot download the file at all.

aloysius987

Feb 3, 2011
Used hotfile and lots of patience. My Xperia mini pro now rooted.

Sent from my Kamen Rider Faiz Gear

Snoopo

Oct 19, 2010
I can confirm the linux version is working on mac osx (mountain lion) if you have JAVA_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH set and as well installed libusb (via macports: sudo port install libusb)

Snoopo

Oct 19, 2010
Hi. Sorry for taking a while but I wanted to test if everything works. :)
Well, I must say it seems the fastboot mode does not work with this configuration. Possibly because there is no udev or equal on MacOSX. But the most important part - the Flashmode works fine... although It always asks for the phone model that it can't automatically add and that "sk17i" is mapped to sony ION... and ION is mapped to sk17i/mango :D...

Okay here we go:
The thing is there are several ways. The most important is: You need libusb. you need to compile it yourself or use some tools to build that easily like macpots or "brew". I prefered macports so:
Code:
sudo port install libusb
successfull? if you have standard configuration of macports libusb is installed /opt/local/lib/ look for it:
Code:
ls -al /opt/local/lib/libusb-1.0.dylib
Is it there? cool.
you need to add this library path otherwise some applications won't load this. Do you use bash? add this to your ~/.bash_profile in terminal:
Code:
# libpath to libusb for example:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/local/lib
if LD_LIBRARY_PATH is/was empty before, it doesn't matter. this works :)

cool. But trying to start FlashTool may still error in that there is no JAVA_HOME set :/ hmm sadly you do a "locate java" or "which java" and it tells you it's in /usr/bin/java ...
heh... but putting JAVA_HOME=/usr is wrong... do a "ls -al /usr/bin/java" and you see interesting: it's linked. Apple provides it's own Java and is responsible for java updates :)
Now it depends of what OSX you have... I am on mountain lion and I added following line to my .bash_profile:
Code:
# JAVA_HOME
export JAVA_HOME=`/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java_home`
Yeah cool, there is a tool "java_home" that provides the origin path of your java :) So if you run another OSX just look for that java_home file it's usually at the same path where the original "java" file lies. just execute that to set the path or find out the path :)

Remember fastboot does not work with Flashtool. I dunno why. BUt fastboot is easy to use via commandline and well documented, so no problem :)

P

prime_225

Do I need to update the drivers(fastboot & flash mode) included with this current release? I installed the drivers from the 0.9.0.0 release. I am using lww.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
Do I need to update the drivers(fastboot & flash mode) included with this current release? I installed the drivers from the 0.9.0.0 release. I am using lww.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If everything work fine, no need to update drivers :)

I just updated drivers from ones published on Sony website (mostly added missing ones and took the same label as on sony website)

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
@Snoopo

in x10flasher_lib, you will find a fastboot.mac file which is empty. Replace it with the real fastboot binary for Mac, don't change the name, keep fastboot.mac inside x10flasher_lib.

Then fastboot should work. Can you confirm ?

Snoopo

Oct 19, 2010
Helo Androxyde. I did what yu suggested... yah did not check if the flastboot.mac was valid but now it is .)
do you need it? I will attach the fastboot bin for mac.

Now your tool works fine :)

Attachments

• fastboot.zip
    32.5 KB · Views: 51

yacloo

Dec 13, 2010
İstanbul
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
cool. But trying to start FlashTool may still error in that there is no JAVA_HOME set :/ hmm sadly you do a "locate java" or "which java" and it tells you it's in /usr/bin/java ...
heh... but putting JAVA_HOME=/usr is wrong... do a "ls -al /usr/bin/java" and you see interesting: it's linked. Apple provides it's own Java and is responsible for java updates :)
Now it depends of what OSX you have... I am on mountain lion and I added following line to my .bash_profile:
Code:
# JAVA_HOME
export JAVA_HOME=`/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java_home`
Yeah cool, there is a tool "java_home" that provides the origin path of your java :) So if you run another OSX just look for that java_home file it's usually at the same path where the original "java" file lies. just execute that to set the path or find out the path :)

if java linked on /usr/bin/java then there is no need to setup JAVA_HOME path

just run flashtool with this command
Code:
/usr/bin/java -Xms128m -Xmx512m -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en -jar x10flasher.jar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

Flashtool can be downloaded on the Flashtool Homepage

As Flashtool was originally developped for X10, you can find a lot of information on the Original X10 Flashtool thread

Major update for 0.6.8.0 : Ability to now install CWM from Flashtool on locked bootloader for LT15/LT18.
    Fastboot now works fine under linux

Major feature for 0.6.5.0 is Linux and Windows editions, Drag&Drop for FTF files.

Major new feature : Fastboot toolbox for 2011 line devices.

Please post fastboot issues here in this thread
    hey ppl we have added support for all new Xperia 2011 devices...

Code:
    ST17 - coconut    - ACTIVE
    LT15 - anzu       - ARC
    LT18 - ayame      - ARC S
    WT19 - satsuma    - LIVE WALKMAN
    ST15 - smultron   - MINI
    SK17 - mango      - MINI PRO
    MT15 - hallon     - NEO
    MT11 - haida      - NEO V
    R800 - zeus,zeusc - PLAY
    MK16 - iyokan     - PRO
    ST18 - urushi     - RAY

this update will feature fastboot support!!!

check 1st post for more info and follow link to get latest files!!!

also any issue related to fastboot should be posted in the corresponding device threads...

will make stuff easier for us :)

hope u guys understand

P.S.: the fastboot toolbox is easy to use... in case some users are having issues using it i will create a small tutorial later...

regards,

DooMLoRD
    MediaFire Link

Thanks for developers to develop software
    But we can not download from these links
    Please re-Upload the latest version of the popular sites such as
    Rapidshare , Hotfile or MediaFire:)

Did a Google search, found this thread.

Mediafire download link for flashtool-0.6.9.1-windows
    So now we can flash costum kernels even if we dont have fastboot on device right?

Doomlord you should reall make a tut for this.

Thanks in advance

if ur bootloader isnt unlocked then u cant flash kernels...

ok i will make a tutorial for this over weekend...
    how come x10 mini pro can flash kernel with locked bootloader? is it not the same process? if not, would it be possible to flash the way they do?

those devices have hacked bootloaders to support flashing custom kernels...

since new xperia 2011 device already support fastboot there is no need to hack their bootloaders... simply unlock them... the official or unofficial way ;)