HTC Official Bootloader Unlocking tool

Search This thread

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Interesting, so there is a new Froyo ROM Base for the Wildfire (2.43). I would probably give it a go, but HTC didn't send me a confirmation EMail on 1 Yahoo Account, and 2 GMail Accounts, so I CBA to try it out anymore.

EDIT -It worked, using a disposable E-Mail service. Lesson learnt.

Last edited:

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Interesting, so there is a new Froyo ROM Base for the Wildfire (2.43). I would probably give it a go, but HTC didn't send me a confirmation EMail on 1 Yahoo Account, and 2 GMail Accounts, so I CBA to try it out anymore.

EDIT -It worked, using a disposable E-Mail service. Lesson learnt.

Lol wouldn't work for me either, do we have a new froyo rom then or just a hboot update? I'm confused.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
It's not there. I got a bit intrigued seeing ploppy's signature (2.43?) and also there was someone who got a FOTA when he was already using the safe Flash Froyo ROM (2.22.405.1). But HTCDev's RUU List only contains 2.22.405.1 with an updated HBoot (1.02.0000) for WWE Phones.

pl0ppy

Oct 12, 2010
It's not there. I got a bit intrigued seeing ploppy's signature (2.43?) and also there was someone who got a FOTA when he was already using the safe Flash Froyo ROM (2.22.405.1). But HTCDev's RUU List only contains 2.22.405.1 with an updated HBoot (1.02.0000) for WWE Phones.

Let me clear this mess up. The RUU update HTCDev tells you to flash an update prior to unlocking bootloader. It updates base from 2.22.405.1 to 2.43 and HBOOT to 1.02.0000. HBOOT says S-ON, but I can fastboot flash and everything! I even flashed CWM! So, I will probably try to root the stock ROM, as I am interested to dig in to 2.43. Strangely, it still shows up as 2.22.405.1 in Settings but RUU flasher says it's 2.43.

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Do you still have the complete name of the RUU you flashed prior to unlocking? The only WWE RUU I can find has the following details:

Carrier - HTC WWE
ROM - 2.22.405.1
File Name -PC4910000_Buzz_Froyo_hboot_1.02.0000_R3.exe

Is this the RUU that gives you 2.43 (Inspite of the site saying it is 2.22.405)?

pl0ppy

Oct 12, 2010
Do you still have the complete name of the RUU you flashed prior to unlocking? The only WWE RUU I can find has the following details:

Carrier - HTC WWE
ROM - 2.22.405.1

Is this the RUU that gives you 2.43 (Inspite of the site saying it is 2.22.405)?

Yep. Fired up VMWare Fusion and the RUU has the exact same name. I rooted this baby with Gingerbreak, though I had to reboot manually. Will see if Titanium Backup works.

EDIT: Mission Complete. Root works now. Feel free to unlock your bootloader with this tool. Will post a full guide later for lazier people.

pl0ppy the HTC Guinea Pig :p

Last edited:

lupoalberto12

Dec 27, 2010
Naples
www.lupoalberto12.it
A (stupid) question.
I unlocked my HTC Wildfire with the "AlphaRevX" beta, the same day when it released: should I lock it and then unlock it with "rEVOlutionary"?
Are there some advantages with "rEVOlutionary"?
Could the "AlphaRevX" bring some bugs on the device?
Thank you.
Bye!
! :) !

Last edited:

pl0ppy

Oct 12, 2010
No advantages, in my opinion. Though you should have.started a new thread, this is for the HTC tool ;)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

kylon

Dec 17, 2010
Is this a good hboot?
Maybe this can delete the sense problem with alpharev x
But i read that there is no way to go back....
Is this right?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA Premium App

kylon

Dec 17, 2010
Install a recovery and flash a rom

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA Premium App

rent0n

Dec 7, 2010
Stevenage, UK
Interesting...
Does anybody know if /system /data and /cache partitions are resizable after unlocking the bootloader with this method? Or do I need to S-OFF with Revolutionary to be able to resize them?
Thanks!

Returning to hboot 1.01.0001 after unlocking

For those of you who have used HTC Official Unlock method only to discover that it is not for them, there is a solution to this.

1. Downloaded the buzzdowngrade.rar (Available here http://www.multiupload.com/HRN3YFTX2T )
2. Extract and go to the folder
3. follow the steps to downgrade your bootloader, most likely will not complete, but should go far enough to change your hboot back to 1.01.0001 so that you con use revolutionary to unlock.

For me revolutionary is a far better solution.

Last edited:

plexus046

Aug 5, 2011
Mysore
Interesting...
Does anybody know if /system /data and /cache partitions are resizable after unlocking the bootloader with this method? Or do I need to S-OFF with Revolutionary to be able to resize them?
Thanks!
I Haved used HTC Dev unlock method and regretting it just allows you to installing a custom recovery . you can view system files cant modify it
;(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Carrier - HTC WWE
    ROM - 2.22.405.1

Yep. Fired up VMWare Fusion and the RUU has the exact same name. I rooted this baby with Gingerbreak, though I had to reboot manually. Will see if Titanium Backup works.

EDIT: Mission Complete. Root works now. Feel free to unlock your bootloader with this tool. Will post a full guide later for lazier people.

pl0ppy the HTC Guinea Pig :p
    Hello fellow Wildfire owners :) ,

HTC have released their official bootloader unlocking tool for some more HTC devices, and among them is the Wildfire. I'm not 100% sure what the advantages or disadvantages are to using a tool like Revolutionary, but it is worth a look. To use it you will need a HTC dev account.

Check it out here.
    Thank you al!!!! :)