[GUIDE] SIM Unlock M919 4.4.2 -- Without Tripping KNOX

Search This thread

dondiablo3000

Feb 20, 2015
you right

I had Success with my S4 M919 on 4.4.2 NB4 modem As instructions state - odin back to MDL modem followed instructions listed, run regionlock away v1.3 [ROOT], phone restarted. Powered back off and started in Download mode and odin back to NB4 modem. No problems at all with AT&T or Straight Talk with AT&T SIM cards.

I use Odin3 v1.85 myself, I believe if you use a newer version (Odin3 v3.09) select "CP" instead of "Phone" to flash the modem. Correct me if I am wrong. Just for anyone who might question where is "Phone" on Odin3 v3.09

Yes I am Rooted used Towel Root.
I follow just you step by step and I'm success!!!!! tmobile stock rooted 4.4.2 downgrade from 4.4.4,flash the modems use odin v.3.09 works perfectly 4g lte
:D

Reactions: elmy2424

elmy2424

Oct 26, 2013
I follow just you step by step and I'm success!!!!! tmobile stock rooted 4.4.2 downgrade from 4.4.4,flash the modems use odin v.3.09 works perfectly 4g lte
:D

Confirmed working, just downgraded from 4.4.4[NH7] to 4.4.2[NB4] ""don´t know if possible downgrade from NK2""
followed the steps and no more invalid sim message :D:D:D

flroots

Sep 12, 2012
I've been reviewing the steps since I want to unlock my recently purchased S4 M919. I started Odin 3.07, placed phone into download mode, and connected phone to PC with USB cable. I received the message 'Added!!' The 'Phone' button is greyed out? PDA is not? What does this mean? Thanks for any help.

javadev86

Jun 12, 2015
4.4.4 Confirmed

I can also confirm 4.4.4, all you need to do is downgrade to 4.4.2 first. 4.4.4 prevents the 4.2.2 modem from opening service mode correctly. Here is the procedure:

1. Enter Download Mode
2. Open Odin and select PDA
3. Select the MD5 file from the unzipped M919UVUFNB4 folder (this is the still zipped .tar file full filename is M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_HOME.tar.md5)
4. Allow the phone to flash the older 4.4.2 firmware
5. Upon success phone will reset and get stuck in an endless boot loop
6. Remove battery and reboot into recovery mode (home + power + volume up)
7. Clear cache
8. Factory reset (when this completes select reboot device)
9. Phone will reboot into stock 4.4.2 and you may continue by flashing the 4.2.2 modem, unlocking and restoring the 4.4.2 modem AS PER THE OP's Instructions.

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

I've been reviewing the steps since I want to unlock my recently purchased S4 M919. I started Odin 3.07, placed phone into download mode, and connected phone to PC with USB cable. I received the message 'Added!!' The 'Phone' button is greyed out? PDA is not? What does this mean? Thanks for any help.

I also had obtained this version of ODIN, it is simply a different version of 3.07 if you will. Try this ==> http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2309228&d=1381178137

Best of luck.

Last edited:

93starletgt

Aug 5, 2007
Well, I followed a similar XDA thread to SIM unlock the M919. It also involved downgrading from 4.4.4 to 4.2 in order to have access to those menus. I successfully unlocked my device! But now I have no Wifi... I tried flashing every single modem, every firmware (Official TW ones via Odin, every custom rom using TWRP). They flashed well and everything worked besides the Wifi. I've found some threads from people with the exact same problem (they tried to unlock it using the same method) but those are old threads with no solution.
I've spent 24hrs reading and flashing and wiping and reading again. Any ideas? Will send $20 on Paypal if you find me a solution!

Thank you.

93starletgt

Aug 5, 2007
Well, I followed a similar XDA thread to SIM unlock the M919. It also involved downgrading from 4.4.4 to 4.2 in order to have access to those menus. I successfully unlocked my device! But now I have no Wifi... I tried flashing every single modem, every firmware (Official TW ones via Odin, every custom rom using TWRP). They flashed well and everything worked besides the Wifi. I've found some threads from people with the exact same problem (they tried to unlock it using the same method) but those are old threads with no solution.
I've spent 24hrs reading and flashing and wiping and reading again. Any ideas? Will send $20 on Paypal if you find me a solution!

Thank you.

Anyone, please? :)

utsc

Aug 20, 2011
Will method work to downgrade from 5.0.1?

I need to downgrade to unlock my SGH-1337M

pepe_lucero

Sep 18, 2014
León
help

Can i do this on a S3 with 4.4.2 ( I747MVLUFOB3)? i dont know how to downgrade to 4.3 or make a SIM Unlock.

Please help me i´ll be appreciate it.

Originally my S3 was on Telcel's (México) 4.3 (I747MUMUEND3).

Last edited:

mrdreamers

Oct 16, 2009
Texas
I just want to report that the method in post #13 & #14 worked for my Tmo on 4.4.4 NH7. I rooted with CF-Auto-Root first. Did not need to do any of the stuff with service mode. Just flash MDL modem in Odin, run RegionLock Away. And finally reflash NH7 modem in Odin.

will this method work on MB4?
btw i cant find mb4 or mdl modem files for odin anywhere, where can i get them?
i need to unlock my phone fast for a job!

or could i just odin the mdl modem run RegionLock Away and odin to the latest firmware??

Last edited:

teodaftpunk33

Sep 17, 2014
Cant Flash 4.2.2 ROM

Hey,
When i try to flash the 4.2.2 file, it says FAIL (AUTH), and i cant find the modem.bin because i cant see any folder, as you can see, in mew with that, all i got was a brick and got to flash the 4.4.2 file again... What can I do, i looked for some information and some people say its because the KNOX wont let downgrade the bootloader... Any solutions?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
If the phone is running a 4.3 or newer bootloader, you can't flash back to 4.2.2. It is not Knox that prevents the downgrade, I believe it is the security settings built into the bootloader.

Did you try extracting the 4.2.2 modem from the stock T-Mobile rom?

technosapien

Jan 28, 2012
will this method work on MB4?
btw i cant find mb4 or mdl modem files for odin anywhere, where can i get them?
i need to unlock my phone fast for a job!

or could i just odin the mdl modem run RegionLock Away and odin to the latest firmware??

Curious, I'm also on 4.4.4, but looks like QA1 baseband... same process, just Odin back to QA1 if I can find it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I been a long lurker in these forums. I purchased my phone a little over year ago. Unfortunately the USB port stopped working and I got it replaced under warranty. The new phone came already with 4.4.2 installed and no way to unlock SIM like in 4.2.2.

Here is how I SIM unlocked my M919 4.4.2 without tripping KNOX:

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK

GOAL::
    SIM Unlock

PREREQUISITES::
    Samsung Galaxy S4 M919
    ROM: M919UVUFNB4 (STOCK)

FILES NEEDED::
    Odin 3.07
    7zip
    M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB.zip
    M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.zip

PROTOCOL::
    Flash M919UVUAMDL (4.2.2) modem.bin
    Unlock SIM per this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2283068
    Flash M919UVUFNB4 (4.4.2) modem.bin back

PROCEDURES::
    1. Backup your phone, use your preferred method
    2. Upgrade / Restore / Confirm that you have Stock ROM M919UVUFNB4 (4.4.2)
    3. Reset to factory settings
    4. Extract M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB.zip and M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.zip to Desktop
    5. Extract M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB.tar and M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.tar with 7zip in their respective folders.
      You should end up with a sub directory file called M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar inside that folder should be a bunch of files. Same thing for M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB
    6. Put your M919 device into Download mode
    7. Open Odin and Make sure you have these boxes checked: "AUTOREBOOT" F. and RESET TIME"
    8. Select "PHONE" and browse to the M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB folder in your desktop, open the "M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar" folder, select modem.bin
    9. Select "Start" and wait until it finishes flashing and restarts to the home screen
    10. ***Unlock SIM per this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2283068
    11. Put phone in "Download" mode again
    12. Open Odin and Make sure you have these boxes checked: "AUTOREBOOT" F. and RESET TIME"
    13. Select "PHONE" and browse to the M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_TMB folder in your desktop, open the "M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_HOME.tar" folder, select modem.bin
    14. Select "Start" and wait until it finishes flashing and restarts to the home screen
    15. Test a different SIM card
    16. Restore your previous settings
    17. Enjoy!!!

*** Remember to use code *#0011#, select menu, select "back", select menu, select "Key Input", type "1", and follow the rest of the guide.
    This procedure worked for me

First. Many, many thanks to the OP "jose456891" for his guidelines. And thanks to "ikkon" too for his observations.

OK... The procedure shown in the guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2283068 did not work for me. Using hints from user "ikkon", I was able to unlock my phone.

So, I did the following (three @@@ at beginning of line to show my steps);
    (Remember to observe the preamble information in the OP's message before his instructions)
    4. Extract M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB.zip and M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.zip to Desktop
    5. Extract M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB.tar and M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.tar with 7zip in their respective folders.
      You should end up with a sub directory file called M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar inside that folder should be a bunch of files. Same thing for M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB
    7. Open Odin and Make sure you have these boxes checked: "AUTOREBOOT" F. and RESET TIME"
    8. Select "PHONE" and browse to the M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB folder in your desktop, open the "M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar" folder, select modem.bin
    9. Select "Start" and wait until it finishes flashing and restarts to the home screen
    10. @@@ Switched on WiFi and downloaded and installed and ran TowerRoot and RegionLockAway.
    11. @@@ Powered off phone, inserted non T-mobile SIM. Powered on phone. Hurray! No prompt for unlock code.
    12. @@@ Procede with remainder or OP's procedure.
    13. Put phone in "Download" mode again
    14. Open Odin and Make sure you have these boxes checked: "AUTOREBOOT" F. and RESET TIME"
    15. Select "PHONE" and browse to the M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_TMB folder in your desktop, open the "M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_HOME.tar" folder, select modem.bin
    16. Select "Start" and wait until it finishes flashing and restarts to the home screen
    17. Enjoy!!!
    First. Many, many thanks to the OP "jose456891" for his guidelines. And thanks to "ikkon" too for his observations.

OK... The procedure shown in the guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2283068 did not work for me. Using hints from user "ikkon", I was able to unlock my phone.

So, I did the following (three @@@ at beginning of line to show my steps);
    (Remember to observe the preamble information in the OP's message before his instructions)
    10. @@@ Switched on WiFi and downloaded and installed and ran TowerRoot and RegionLockAway.
    11. @@@ Powered off phone, inserted non T-mobile SIM. Powered on phone. Hurray! No prompt for unlock code.
    12. @@@ Procede with remainder or OP's procedure.
    13. Put phone in "Download" mode again
    14. Open Odin and Make sure you have these boxes checked: "AUTOREBOOT" F. and RESET TIME"
    15. Select "PHONE" and browse to the M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_TMB folder in your desktop, open the "M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_HOME.tar" folder, select modem.bin
    16. Select "Start" and wait until it finishes flashing and restarts to the home screen
    17. Enjoy!!!

here is problem
    After flashing old modem wifi won't work
    So you need to Root before flashing modem
    Then use RegionLockAway and it works perfectly fine
    then go back to stock 4.4.2
    modems

Here is ONLY modems files from 4.2.2 and 4.4.2:cowboy:

4.2.2 - M919UVUAMDL
    4.4.2 - M919UVUFNB4
    Thank you i'm gonna try this
    but the modem file is 1.6 gb ?
    or i have to download the whole firmware to can get the modem only ?
    sorry bro i'm confused about that

Technically you only need the modem, not the whole firmware. To prevent people from downloading the wrong modem.bin and brick in their phones, I recommend people to download the whole firmware and extracting the modem them selfs.

You are welcome tI use a modem.bin from a I'm me one else, but I don't recommend it. It's safer to download the original stock firmware and extract the modem from there.