GPS always trying to connect via MY ISP GPRS with WM6.1

Search This thread

dtmcnamara

Oct 26, 2007
Ok so every time I try to connect to my GPS via Google Maps and Live Search my phone trys to connect to "MY ISP GPRS" and I get:

Dialed isp.cingular

cannot connect

error. I do not know why it does this. I have tried to remove hidden proxy still does it. tried restoring hidden proxy still the same. manually connected to COM4 still the same thing.

I have no GPS, is there a fix to this?

Also I am using ALEX's WM 6.1

Last edited:

_RMB_

Feb 24, 2007
miami
first off what operating sys are you on att..vodafone..etc??

it looks to me that you have att...well you would first need to get the cab that you can find around here just search that would set all of your internet configuration....also with all these 6.1 roms there has been a problem with gps that has not been solved yet.....but fyi google will use your gps plus your operators internet to get access....it used both so if you dont have internet google is no good.....after that you just need to sit tight until one of these great chefs find the gps prob on 6.1...if you cant wait revert back to 6.0 for now....also check your radio version i think that has to do with a lot with gps also!!!

search search search...thats the way of the gods!!!!

good luck!!

dtmcnamara

Oct 26, 2007
thanks i have been looking for a while I may go back to 6.0 for a minute until everything is fixed.

packetmangler

Nov 19, 2006
I had this problem too. I performed a hard reset and didn't allow the connection setup to run. I entered the data conection info by hand. I also only have the single my isp created. it just points to wap.cingular

I also haven't turned on a-gps in schaps adv config.

so far no issues with the dial error cropping up.

pm

Last edited: