[HBOOT] HBOOT-8064 Groups Engneering HBOOT

Search This thread

boroboy69r

Aug 7, 2011
Middlesbrough
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
emequry5.jpg

This is where the confusion is coming from in op it says m7_u etc see screenshot, as i were going to flash it but never becausr of the conflicting posts

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jacktackle

Jan 28, 2009
London
But why in the OP does it say supported models if it's only for the droid DNA?

no matter how learned we are, we often make mistakes.

OP is right about his work. but Argumentation supported this thread very well. he converted the hboot file to zip file and while doing that, he only put the values of droid dna. in short , the Hboot file supports all the above listed models but zip file supports only Droid Dna.

have a nice day!

Argumentation

Feb 21, 2012
Washinton, DC
no matter how learned we are, we often make mistakes.

OP is right about his work. but Argumentation supported this thread very well. he converted the hboot file to zip file and while doing that, he only put the values of droid dna. in short , the Hboot file supports all the above listed models but zip file supports only Droid Dna.

have a nice day!

This is correct, and it also seems the M7 guys are having partition problems, but I don't have a One to test on.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

londere

Nov 27, 2006
Tested on HTC one. Works except internal sdcard is no longer mountable in recovery. Will do some more tests another day. Seems partition map may be slightly different for m7 than the ship hboot

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

2vn3rx4.jpg

hi mate do you make any modification to the zip file coz i have moonshined my device and i try to install this eng boot and i cant do it any help thz!!!

S

shadowboy23

@fnoji111 Thank you for your work!!!
@Argumentation Thank you for the zip file!!!

I created a tutorial for changing the model ID on the HTC One (M7). I gave you guys credits in my tutorial.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

hi mate do you make any modification to the zip file coz i have moonshined my device and i try to install this eng boot and i cant do it any help thz!!!

Just edit the "android-info-txt" file and put your model ID just like this:
PKCufbY.png

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Tested on HTC one. Works except internal sdcard is no longer mountable in recovery. Will do some more tests another day. Seems partition map may be slightly different for m7 than the ship hboot

2vn3rx4.jpg

How did you get that to boot up?

kozmikkick

Nov 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
@fnoji111 Thank you for your work!!!
@Argumentation Thank you for the zip file!!!

I created a tutorial for changing the model ID on the HTC One (M7). I gave you guys credits in my tutorial.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

Just edit the "android-info-txt" file and put your model ID just like this:
PKCufbY.png

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

How did you get that to boot up?

I made an update zip for my device and flashed it in fastboot after doing rebootruu

kozmikkick

Nov 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
Is it similar to Argumentation's zip file?

Not sure. Just take the hboot file download a firmware.zip delete all the zip file contents except the text file. Compress the hboot and the text file and flash. As long as the firmware zip is for your device it should flash.

Still its only good for eng commands since the partition tables are different than stock.

S

shadowboy23

Not sure. Just take the hboot file download a firmware.zip delete all the zip file contents except the text file. Compress the hboot and the text file and flash. As long as the firmware zip is for your device it should flash.

Still its only good for eng commands since the partition tables are different than stock.

Thanks!

rlewis312010

Feb 16, 2011
Not to sound too silly...but with eng hboot, I could recover from any bad flash as long as the eng hboot was not overwritten? Bad radio, kernel, Rom, etc?

rom116

Jul 28, 2009
phoenix, az
Cannot load zip

I moonshined my DNA back when it came available and just recently tried to flash the eng hboot so I could change my splash screen but once booted into fastboot oem rebootRUU when I try to fastboot flash zip pl83img.zip it says "cannot load PL83IMG.zip"

It looks like in the android text file the mainver is for the 2.04 firmware and we had to upgrade to the 2.06 to moonshine. Would I need to change that text in the android-info.txt? Would I need to change anything else? Thanks for the help.

I appreciate it, thanks. I do have a question, though. How do I flash this? It is a nbo file and I'm not familiar with it. All hboots I have seen are zips.

nb0 files can be used for fastboot flashing hboot

fastboot flash hboot <filename>.nb0
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Reactions: dubsx

Top Liked Posts