FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Synergy wireless charger

221 posts
Thanks Meter: 51
 
By niccuany, Senior Member on 6th August 2013, 10:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this Kickstarter project and thought I would share with everyone the link. I backed it up because it really looks like a solid wireless charger that could definitely make life easier, not to mention it looks pretty sweet. Anyone who is able to should go back this up as well so the creators can meet their goal. Well, here is the link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tphone-charger
The Following User Says Thank You to niccuany For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift niccuany Ad-Free
 
 
7th August 2013, 09:34 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccuany

Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this Kickstarter project and thought I would share with everyone the link. I backed it up because it really looks like a solid wireless charger that could definitely make life easier, not to mention it looks pretty sweet. Anyone who is able to should go back this up as well so the creators can meet their goal. Well, here is the link: ...

This idea looks perfect !
I rly have trouble to buy car dock for my S4, before samsung, i was using htc sensation, with original car dock and its was pretty cool, just plug phone in dock and its going to automobile mode and charges? now i dont know what to do with S4 i havent seen any car dock like i have with HTC...
Synergy looks perfect solution of my problem, but price...
7th August 2013, 05:33 PM |#3  
swieder711's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 222
 
More
I like my toys, but $125 for a charging stand seems a bit high. In addition, the micro-suction technology probably wont work with many of the cases like Otterbox or UAG since a very smooth surface is needed to adhere to the back of the phone.

Based on the Kickstarter goal to raise $150K and they are only at $27K with 16 days to go, it looks like others may be doubting this idea too.
7th August 2013, 11:00 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas,Texas
Thanks Meter: 219
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swieder711

I like my toys, but $125 for a charging stand seems a bit high. In addition, the micro-suction technology probably wont work with many of the cases like Otterbox or UAG since a very smooth surface is needed to adhere to the back of the phone.

Based on the Kickstarter goal to raise $150K and they are only at $27K with 16 days to go, it looks like others may be doubting this idea too.

Why do you assume it use 'micro-suction'? it does not. it is magnetic.

And it is a High End device, so $95 for the stand + the base for the car including the wire tap to integrate directly in the car is not outrageously expensive.
8th August 2013, 05:14 AM |#5  
swieder711's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 222
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr

Why do you assume it use 'micro-suction'? it does not. it is magnetic.

And it is a High End device, so $95 for the stand + the base for the car including the wire tap to integrate directly in the car is not outrageously expensive.

I don't think a magnet would be strong enough to hold the phone to the base. Someone said it was magnet + micro-suction. I thought $95 was only the kickstarter promotional price with full retail at $125.

At this point let's wait to hear first hand accounts from users. If it gets funded, has rave reviews and can hold the phone with an Otterbox or UAG case then I will get one.
14th August 2013, 06:04 AM |#6  
swieder711's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 222
 
More
9 days left with $120K still needed. That's over 1000 more backers needed!

I wonder if this project will get funded.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes