[Q] Mahdi ROM: Temperature during intensive tasks!

Search This thread

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi.

Question for Mahdi ROM users on the LG G2:

Coming from this thread, I'd like to know how Mahdi ROM's temperature is when you do intensive tasks, like playing games, running benchmarks etc. Does the device get hot? If possible, tell the temperature, what you were running, for how long, did the screen remain on etc.

Thanks.

Compass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stunningkun

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
Hi.

Coming from this thread, I'd like to know how Mahdi ROM's temperature is when you do intensive tasks, like playing games, running benchmarks etc. Does the device get hot? If possible, tell the temperature, what you were running, for how long, did the screen remain on etc.

Thanks.

Compass.

Anytime you run an intensive game or the like your phone will get warm, no matter what phone it is. Benchmarks get warm too, however I find those to be useless.

kewkie

Dec 27, 2012
It isnt useless, he's collecting informations about the black lines from a few roms...at least be happy that we have such guy on our G2 section, who is willing to help out as much as he can..

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
It isnt useless, he's collecting informations about the black lines from a few roms...at least be happy that we have such guy on our G2 section, who is willing to help out as much as he can..

I think you misunderstood my post. I said benchmarks are useless.

Last edited:
B

bachera

define hot, it increases 5-10 degrees for me from a 29°c default temp

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Redmi Note 10 Pro
define hot, it increases 5-10 degrees for me from a 29°c default temp
Hot as in "it shouldn't be at this temperature at all while doing what it's doing".

So that means 39°C tops. That's a bit above human normal body temperature. Not bad.

If I remember well, playing Plants vs Zombies 2 gave me 47°C tops in GSAM Battery Monitor, without ever rebooting.

Thanks.

Compass.

B

bachera

yeah max I had was 50°C, but not very long.

I guess it can shoot up higher, but for usually when doing intensive stuff, its about 39. Not to bad.

was one build it was 42 also in rest. That wasn't to long though. pretty cool, new build and fixed haha

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
@Compass Linux - my device gets extremely hot on any aosp rom even on normal usage, like web browsing, texting, checking emails and reading certain articles on the web, the cpu temp ranges from 50*C-60*C at times even 70*C and it gets throttled down as i set my tmep trottle at 70*C.

battery temps range between 27*C to 43*C which is NOT normal so im no longer on any aosp roms. it scares me as for lithium batteries temps above 35*C is bad for its life. also none of these temps are good for the phone so now im on pardus hd 7.1 and my cpu temps are within the rage of 35-50*C and battery temps from 32-35 under the tasks which i mentioned earlier.

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
@Compass Linux - my device gets extremely hot on any aosp rom even on normal usage, like web browsing, texting, checking emails and reading certain articles on the web, the cpu temp ranges from 50*C-60*C at times even 70*C and it gets throttled down as i set my tmep trottle at 70*C.

battery temps range between 27*C to 43*C which is NOT normal so im no longer on any aosp roms. it scares me as for lithium batteries temps above 35*C is bad for its life. also none of these temps are good for the phone so now im on pardus hd 7.1 and my cpu temps are within the rage of 35-50*C and battery temps from 32-35 under the tasks which i mentioned earlier.

cpu will happily run ~75c without throttling, max temp is 92C at which point it will turn off.

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
wtf ! thats so strange !!!!!!! thats just too high for me man. i always set throttle to 70. at times even at 58*C when the ambient temps are high in my locality. anything above 80*C is bad for any processor.

If it was bad for the CPU why would it come from the factory to start throttling at 75?

I think you're mixing your views of desktop CPUs on to SOCs.

SOC (system on a chip) are crested to be passively cooled.

For this phone 30~50 idle/light tasks and unto 75c underload is perfectly normal and safe.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

Thanks.

Compass.