[PROJ] Prescription Medicines Manager v0.9.0 17-03-2011

Search This thread

Gheroi

Oct 17, 2008
Hi, Deedee
I am following the development for this application from the beginning.
At first it was not usable for me, could not edit and delete records and need to reinstall it when something was changed in medication etc.
Currently i am using it on a HTC HD a.k.a HTC Blackbird WM 6.5 Energie Max sense Rom.
Beside the already mentioned scrol problem it is looking great.
I am missing some functionality but whilst reading the forum i did see they are already on the to do list.
Keep up the good work

deedee

May 28, 2007
Coleraine
OK, latest version in post #1.

I think it will cope with all screen resolutions without vertical scrolling.

I have tested it on the following:

HD Mini - WM6.5 - HVGA
X1 - WM6.1 - WVGA
HTC Trinity - WM6.1 - QVGA
HTC Trinity - WM6.5 - QVGA
iPaq 1950 - WM5 - QVGA

Now we are in a position to play hunt the bugs, before I add any new functionality. :)

Jesterfell

Jun 12, 2008
Miami, FL
...I think it will cope with all screen resolutions without vertical scrolling...

No Scroll bars! Thanks!
Upon start-up, large logo fills screen, program appears to "look around" to see where it is, then the tabs appear beneath the now smaller logo.
===

Hi, Deedee. Sorry I've been away so long.

I installed your latest version (from "About" screen: v 0.9.0.35109) and went through my (now familiar) series of entries. Here's what I noticed:

=== Icon Swap Fixed ===
There was no icon position swap on patient screen when turned to landscape. Oddly, I miss that peculiarity (screenshot is from an old version).

attachment.php

=== Pt DOB ===
  • Added new patient, entered random DOB. Tapped on PT tab--no DOB listed ("null"). Edited Pt to add DOB, this one did appear on the list.
  • To check: Added 2nd new patient, entered DOB. Tapped on PT tab--no DOB listed, even after re-starting program. Tapped on 2nd Pt name and the DOB for the previous Pt appeared as default entry with the highlight on the date entry field. Tapped "Close" to accept default date and DOB was still listed as "null."

- BTW: when I entered a NUMBER in the month field, it correctly interpreted which month I meant and filled in the appropriate month name.

attachment.php

=== Others ===
  • Could not find how to enter/assign/change Dr types (specialties). By default, it showed "6" in the column where Dr type appeared in previous versions.
  • When I tapped on a doctor's name, an "Unexpected Error Occurred" that forced me to quit every time (regardless of where I tapped on the screen).
  • The keyboard does not automatically open when an entry field is tapped.
  • The entry windows do not relocate up when keyboard is opened--to allow a view of field being filled.

Keep in mind that I'm listing the above as a sort of beta testing report, NOT as criticism. I think your work is great and I'm grateful for all you've already done.

I tried the program in the following (both QVGA):
1. Tilt = HTC 8925 = Kaiser = TyTn II (Windows Mobile 6.5.3)
2. HTC 8525 = Hermes = TyTn (Windows Mobile 6.1)

Attachments

• IconReversal.png
    IconReversal.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 86
  • DOB-PtEntry.png
    DOB-PtEntry.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 83

deedee

May 28, 2007
Coleraine
No Scroll bars! Thanks!
Upon start-up, large logo fills screen, program appears to "look around" to see where it is, then the tabs appear beneath the now smaller logo.
This is a "splash screen" while it loads the stuff underneath, thought it looked better than just the hourglass.

=== Icon Swap Fixed ===
There was no icon position swap on patient screen when turned to landscape. Oddly, I miss that peculiarity (screenshot is from an old version).
That "fix" was a result of getting the scroll bars fixed, my screen placing routines are a bit better behaved.
  • Added new patient, entered random DOB. Tapped on PT tab--no DOB listed ("null"). Edited Pt to add DOB, this one did appear on the list.
  • To check: Added 2nd new patient, entered DOB. Tapped on PT tab--no DOB listed, even after re-starting program. Tapped on 2nd Pt name and the DOB for the previous Pt appeared as default entry with the highlight on the date entry field. Tapped "Close" to accept default date and DOB was still listed as "null."

- BTW: when I entered a NUMBER in the month field, it correctly interpreted which month I meant and filled in the appropriate month name.
Will investigate.

The number turning into name is a result of using a date/time drop down, formatted after the event to dd MMM yy.

• Could not find how to enter/assign/change Dr types (specialties). By default, it showed "6" in the column where Dr type appeared in previous versions.
  • When I tapped on a doctor's name, an "Unexpected Error Occurred" that forced me to quit every time (regardless of where I tapped on the screen).
Dr type has been removed for the time being, it was causing me problems. The "6" is actually the Dr record number and shouldn't be visible, I added the column for debug and forgot to hide it again.

Error due to broken summary form, fixed in next release.
  • The keyboard does not automatically open when an entry field is tapped.
  • The entry windows do not relocate up when keyboard is opened--to allow a view of field being filled.
I will add both to the "things to be added" list.

Keep in mind that I'm listing the above as a sort of beta testing report, NOT as criticism. I think your work is great and I'm grateful for all you've already done.

I tried the program in the following (both QVGA):
1. Tilt = HTC 8925 = Kaiser = TyTn II (Windows Mobile 6.5.3)
2. HTC 8525 = Hermes = TyTn (Windows Mobile 6.1)

All comments welcome, positive, negative or just bug finding.

Gheroi

Oct 17, 2008
Can i report some bugs

Hi Deedee
Can i report some bugs

I flashed my mobile to be sure i have a clean system. I installed the latest version of your application (0.9.0.35109)

When starting the program i see the splash screen and get the question if i want to compact after answering that question. the programm disapears into the background and i need to go to the taskmanager to get it back.

After adding all the necesary information i closed the programm and it gave me an exeption.
Error:
MedicalRecords.exe
ObjectDisposedExeption by Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr(PAL_ERROR ar)
etc.

I am going to test it further
Regards

deedee

May 28, 2007
Coleraine
Hi Deedee
Can i report some bugs

I flashed my mobile to be sure i have a clean system. I installed the latest version of your application (0.9.0.35109)

When starting the program i see the splash screen and get the question if i want to compact after answering that question. the programm disapears into the background and i need to go to the taskmanager to get it back.

After adding all the necesary information i closed the programm and it gave me an exeption.
Error:
MedicalRecords.exe
ObjectDisposedExeption by Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr(PAL_ERROR ar)
etc.

I am going to test it further
Regards

I will try and get a clean system to test this one on, not seen it before.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app is designed so that you can keep track of any medications you take on a regular basis.

When you last ordered a particular drug, how many you currently have to hand, which surgery the repeat was requested from and which pharmacy filled the prescription.

It is designed to be used for multiple patients, surgeries, pharmacies and doctors.

It was initially an Access database but I thought that migrating it to my PPC was a challenge I might be able to complete.

There will also be the ability to log doctor's appointments as well, hopefully.

All data is currently stored in an SQL-CE database.

For reasons I am currently trying to solve, when you open any secondary form with a data table and then return to the main menu you are unable to go back into any other form again.

Changed to a tabbed layout, screen shots attached.

09/02/2011
    New version attached with new format SQLCE.

17-Mar-2011
    Latest version attached

All data entry and editing working - I hope.

08-Apr-2011
    Latest version, autoscroll and popup SIP.
    [Reserved] - For Comments
    Possible dependant files.

I am coding for CF2.
    Glad it's going to be if use to someone.

Hopefully by the end of tonight I will have a new version up with the ability to add records to each of the tables. No interlinking yet and at the moment editing is also broken but I am getting there.
    I know next to nothing about programming, but would the PC editor you wrote for the W Watcher calc work for this project? That might make it easier for the user to input the information AND save you some programming...

(BTW: I was very impressed with how quickly you developed those applications! Very usable and no charge for fast delivery!)

Unfortunately the WW editor is designed for an XML file and this app keeps everything in an SQLCE database. I am trying to find a nice, useable and, more importantly, free desktop app to edit these files and am trying a couple out at present.

While a purely PC based editor would be easier from a WM coding point it would stop the app being completely mobile and standalone.