FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Root L9 ICS/JB with New Lelus method & Offline Flashing [LOCKED BL] [31-Mar]

3,841 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,933

By cmahendra, Recognized Contributor on 2nd March 2013, 08:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2013, 11:29 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Finally rooted, everything works. Looking forward to CWM and JB roms.

9th March 2013, 06:16 AM |#122  
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 153

More
Hi again,

I updated to V10E with cmahendra's offline flash tutorial, then I modded the hex file and followed this guide. It worked like a charm, I'm now rooted and all is good.

Here is a copy of the bin file I hex edited. It is for the P768 Taiwan V10E KDZ.

I hope this modified .BIN file will help out others if they dont understand the hex part.

Thank you all!
9th March 2013, 07:26 AM |#123  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

More
Re: [NEW ROOT ALL L9] [Tutorial to Root L9 with Lelus method & Offline Flash [6-Mar]
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest_2011

phew! finally rooted.

What's the next step? Unlock bootloader? Any JB/CM work in progress?

almost forgot... CWM Touch?

CWM touch coming very soon from Artas182x. He is working on it. Keep checking his thread.

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app
9th March 2013, 11:36 AM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Ooops folks!

Found another bummer in new rooting script. In short: after rooting you must COMPLETLY uninstall busybox and resintall it back (and I recommend you to do it in /system/xbin directory).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngryWolf80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AngryWolf80 Ad-Free
9th March 2013, 12:21 PM |#125  
Flag Teheran
Thanks Meter: 846

More
R: [NEW ROOT ALL L9] [Tutorial to Root L9 with Lelus method & Offline Flash [6-Mar]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryWolf80

Ooops folks!

Found another bummer in new rooting script. In short: after rooting you must COMPLETLY uninstall busybox and resintall it back (and I recommend you to do it in /system/xbin directory).

How unistall completely it in this case?
9th March 2013, 12:26 PM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:

Ooops folks!

I haven't installed busybox yet. Should i install and uninstall it? How do you install it in that directory?
9th March 2013, 01:46 PM |#127  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denzel09

How unistall completely it in this case?

I've used this busybox app. It's have install and uninstall buttons. After reinstalling busybox this app can be removed safely.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote:

I haven't installed busybox yet. Should i install and uninstall it? How do you install it in that directory?

If you not installed it yet, but gained root by new script, busybox already installed in your phone. You should uninstall and install it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngryWolf80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AngryWolf80 Ad-Free
9th March 2013, 01:56 PM |#128  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

Ooops folks!

You have not explained what will happen if busybox is not uninstalled.

But anyways I have a habit of reinstalling busybox and updating it after rooting. Therefore I did not found any issue till date.

Updated in OP.
9th March 2013, 02:10 PM |#129  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

Thank you very much to cmahendra and others who made this possible. Finally rooted, everything works. Looking forward to CWM and JB roms.

Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhay1031

i restored my phone using the CWM restore file..!! now everything works...will restore all the apps by tomm. thank you for all your help..!!

Congrats Abhay1031! Seems you could do it very quickly coz there is no complain from your side. Great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk165

Hi again,
I updated to V10E with cmahendra's offline flash tutorial, then I modded the hex file and followed this guide. It worked like a charm, I'm now rooted and all is good.
Here is a copy of the bin file I hex edited. It is for the P768 Taiwan V10E KDZ.
I hope this modified .BIN file will help out others if they dont understand the hex part.
Thank you all!

Congrats and thanks donk165, Thanks for bin file share. Updated in OP. GOD bless.
9th March 2013, 02:46 PM |#130  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra

You have not explained what will happen if busybox is not uninstalled.

When busybox installed by root script some it applets symlinks point to wrong location. As example chmod and chown.

Correct me if I wrong, but we must change single string in rooting script:

Instead this string "/data/local/tmp/busybox --install -s /system/xbin" we must use "/systen/xbin/busybox --install -s /system/xbin".
But this stuff must be checked... I'll do this a bit later and report
9th March 2013, 02:56 PM |#131  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

When busybox installed by root script some it applets symlinks point to wrong location. As example chmod and chown.

Correct me if I wrong, but we must change single string in rooting script:

Instead this string "/data/local/tmp/busybox --install -s /system/xbin" we must use "/systen/xbin/busybox --install -s /system/xbin".
But this stuff must be checked... I'll do this a bit later and report

you mean the busybox which is already existing in "/system/xbin/busybox" should be installed in "/system/xbin" , right? Sounds right to me. Please do tests and inform.

PS: by the way YOU HAVE SPELLED IT WRONG AS "systen" instead of "system"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)