FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Root L9 ICS/JB with New Lelus method & Offline Flashing [LOCKED BL] [31-Mar]

3,841 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,933

By cmahendra, Recognized Contributor on 2nd March 2013, 08:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd March 2013, 08:51 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra

You tried? Someone should try this first. Cannot try myself right now, as I need phone badly for work from tomorrow. and cant mess with it.

I'm do it already, but do it all manually. When I get some free time, I made .bat and .sh files to do this automatically.

3rd March 2013, 09:45 PM |#32  
Flag Columbia, CT
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benduchi

Omg someone please help I was at the point you start mini server and then it and after reboot I had no internet on pc so I edited hosts file back to normal and still no internet so I check the device manager and all my adapters are corrupted so I get install CD and reinstall adapter drivers still no internet having to do restore to few days ago. Anybody else have this problem? I'm hoping internet works after restore

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

Ok restore worked not sure what to do now any advice ?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Well I tried again and after editing hosts file and the required reboot it disables my lan adaptor and corrupts the driver so the root never works and I then have to do a restore to get my lan adapters back cause nothing else works like changing hosts file back and uninstalling driver and reinstall so no root for me

3rd March 2013, 11:52 PM |#33  
Flag Columbia, CT

More
Re: [FLASHROOT] Guidebook 2 Lelus method Root L9 & Offline Fix Flash for all L9 varia
Well after seventh try along with seventh restore I give up but still wanted to say thanks and great job on finding root

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Ok so I'm stubborn and continued to try it and it worked when I didn't reboot after edit of hosts file so everything seems good and installed by the way I am on Windows 7 64 bit
4th March 2013, 12:20 AM |#34  
Flag Laurel, MS
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
gawd man this sucks i cant get this to work and lg starts fixing there servers GAH!
4th March 2013, 01:14 AM |#35  
Flag Columbia, CT

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienngp

gawd man this sucks i cant get this to work and lg starts fixing there servers GAH!

make sure small server thing is running and hosts file is edited
4th March 2013, 02:54 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Had to format my pc because of old drivers and other stuff and works perfectly. I check the SuperUser app and can run the update nicely but notice that Root Shell is on red. Is normal?
4th March 2013, 03:20 AM |#37  
Flag Laurel, MS

Donate to Me
More
i feel so damn stupid and like a noob right now the problem was the name i downloaded a version of V10G that had a extended name when it wasnt suppose to and now its runnign right through and updating my android with the modified bin file -.-
4th March 2013, 08:41 AM |#38  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

i feel so damn stupid and like a noob right now the problem was the name i downloaded a version of V10G that had a extended name when it wasnt suppose to and now its runnign right through and updating my android with the modified bin file -.-

Great! In fact I have mentioned it at many places, DO NOT RENAME FILE, KEEP IT ORIGINAL.

e.g. V10G_00.kdz

@ALL
Even after removing lines from HOSTS file, you still have problem, then you SHOULD CLEAR AND RESET DNS CACHE OF PC by doing either one of following... (After closing all browsers after clearing browser cache)
  1. Restart PC after removing or adding lines.
  2. OR ..... Start "Command Prompt" with Right-click and "Run as Administrator" Option, and then pass following command.
    ipconfig /flushdns
  3. OR .... Disable your LANCARD, restart pc and ENABLE Lancard.
Hope this helps.
4th March 2013, 08:50 AM |#39  
Flag Laurel, MS

Donate to Me
More
simply i downloaded it with a modified name so that wasnt my fault but full rooted p769BK V10G with my fix of the file done myself i dont like using the some of the downloads when it comes to something like this
4th March 2013, 09:35 AM |#40  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

simply i downloaded it with a modified name so that wasnt my fault but full rooted p769BK V10G with my fix of the file done myself i dont like using the some of the downloads when it comes to something like this

please show which link?
4th March 2013, 10:08 AM |#41  
Flag Laurel, MS

Donate to Me
More
i downloaded that kdz back when the first sight of V10G was released for P769 usa tmobile the link for that one is no longer up
on another note the p769 bin for this root gave me issues so in turn i ran through the basic code in hex and toyed with it and got it to work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)