FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Root L9 ICS/JB with New Lelus method & Offline Flashing [LOCKED BL] [31-Mar]

3,841 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,933

By cmahendra, Recognized Contributor on 2nd March 2013, 08:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th March 2013, 10:08 AM |#41  
Flag Laurel, MS
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
i downloaded that kdz back when the first sight of V10G was released for P769 usa tmobile the link for that one is no longer up
on another note the p769 bin for this root gave me issues so in turn i ran through the basic code in hex and toyed with it and got it to work

4th March 2013, 02:59 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 304

More
I received this error first a bunch of times: "Please check yoru internet line and run program again".
It shows up in the lower right corner.

I am now receiving this error: "Cannot to connect to server. Please retry later"

Update: Hold on. I'm a goof ball. Need to read instructions better. I will keep y'all posted.
4th March 2013, 04:01 PM |#43  
Flag Quito
Thanks Meter: 18

More
First of all, thanks for your hardwork, I succeeded with this process, and unbranded and rooted my p768g, the only issue that i'm facing now, is that mobile data mode is only EDGE, no 3G, is this a baseband issue, i used to have a branded software with V10A for p768g, now i have V10E but unable to pick 3g networks, please help me is there a way to solve this, or flashing my old baseband from the KDZ or BIN (wich i have), please friend, help me, best regards
4th March 2013, 04:08 PM |#44  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 432

Donate to Me
More
R: [FLASHROOT] Guidebook 2 Lelus method Root L9 & Offline Fix Flash for all L9 varian
Try another .kdz?

Inviato dal mio LG-P760 con Tapatalk 2
4th March 2013, 04:50 PM |#45  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienngp

i downloaded that kdz back when the first sight of V10G was released for P769 usa tmobile the link for that one is no longer up
on another note the p769 bin for this root gave me issues so in turn i ran through the basic code in hex and toyed with it and got it to work

Would you please share your bin. I was able to flash, but no root. Thank You.
The Following User Says Thank You to kevev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kevev Ad-Free
4th March 2013, 06:16 PM |#46  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

More
@ALL
PROBABLE MISTAKES

Actually while suggesting following two, I am assuming that you do know many things and done them properly before.

1) Many are not checking the ADB mode is working or not. THE CHECKLIST IS VERY IMPORTANT. When you run ADB command to check devices with "stuff/adb devices" the device line should be seen. If device is not shown, the script will not work. The script will run without any problem if checklist is successful. Don't ignore this.

2) The second common problem is you may not be able to replace the file in LG folder in quick time. You have to be very quick, so the FOLDER should be open in advance. You can even open the folder in the beginning and minimize until it is required to replace. If you are late, the LG TOOL will flash original file and root will fail. Or you can open the folder immediately when it starts at 4% and keep looking for file to replace. As soon as you see 7th BIN file PASTE it with 6th BIN, you already COPY'ed before.

PS: My son is reading this, and literally he is laughing, saying, "Dad, you are teaching to kids or what?" Please dont mind him, he is just too young android kid. I say sorry on behalf of him. I am noob, and you are noob, dont get angry on him. And yes he flashed O2X quiet a few times before and L9 too. He is 15.

EDIT: Added few checklists and explained why they are important to proceed.

JUST AN IMPORTANT REMINDER FOR ALL
STEP-BY-STEP NOOB'S GUIDE TO ROOT AND FLASH L9 WITH LELUS METHOD
(
NOTE: This thread is only for NOOBS like me and for Junior Members.)
IF YOU CANT DO IT, DONT BLAME ME. WARNING: USE INFORMATION AND FILES AT YOUR OWN RISK. DONT EVEN MENTION ME IF YOUR PHONE IS BRICKED. YOU WERE WARNED IN BOLD RED LETTERS ALREADY. OFFLINE KDZ FLASHING DOES NOT LOOSE PHONE DATA, BUT YOU MUST BACKUP IN ANY CASE.
4th March 2013, 06:52 PM |#47  
Flag Mumbai

More
NOOB'S TUTORIAL TO MAKE YOUR OWN HEX-EDITED BIN FILE EASY WAY
===========================================

1) Download and save on pc your required matching KDZ file found here in this post. You also need a Good HEX File Editor like this one I use. Download and Install.

2) I have already made a small TOOL to extract the KDZ file and get BIN chunks in this post (KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL) with this, you will get "LGP765_AP[6].bin" file ready for editing and use in RootFlashing later.

3) Download LELUS_COPY_OF_BIN.zip (1kb) and unzip it, and you will get "LELUS_COPY_OF_BIN.BIN" (1kb) file. Open it in HEX Editor, select all and "COPY" the content in clipboard to paste later.

4) Now in same HEX Editor, open "LGP765_AP[6].bin" and search for "# hdcp.sh" and your cursor will stop on this string after successful search. If not found in this file then search in "LGP765_AP[5].bin" file.

5) Click on first hash character # and "PASTE" the content you copied from previous file.

6) Now compare your new content as per this attached image file, if extra characters are found below, erase them carefully and SAVE the file. You'r done! Isn't it simple.

You have just EDITED A HEX FILE required for ROOTING L9.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HEXEDIT.jpg
Views:	6215
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1779330   Click image for larger version

Name:	BIN_TO_COPY.jpg
Views:	6232
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1779332   Click image for larger version

Name:	HEX-EDIT-SUGGESTION-BY-LELUS.jpg
Views:	6234
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	1779382   Click image for larger version

Name:	search_hex_here.jpg
Views:	6183
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1779426   Click image for larger version

Name:	PASTE_HERE2.jpg
Views:	6231
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	1779437   Click image for larger version

Name:	search_complete.jpg
Views:	6210
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	1779461  
Attached Files
File Type: zip LELUS_COPY_OF_BIN.zip - [Click for QR Code] (264 Bytes, 714 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cmahendra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmahendra Ad-Free
4th March 2013, 06:57 PM |#48  

More
Finally! I am rooted and reflashed. It is completely my fault. I need to slow down and read all of the instructions.
4th March 2013, 07:09 PM |#49  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevev

Finally! I am rooted and reflashed. It is completely my fault. I need to slow down and read all of the instructions.

Great. Glad you also did. Please share what was the point you missed. May help others. Also tell which BIN you used, so I can update the bin is perfect and tested ok.
4th March 2013, 07:16 PM |#50  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra

Great. Glad you also did. Please share what was the point you missed. May help others. Also tell which BIN you used, so I can update the bin is perfect and tested ok.

I missed the step where I needed to install "MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser" because it is not listed as a necessary step in the first post.

Also I skipped bat file part.

I used the 769 bin by saturnianalien.
4th March 2013, 08:14 PM |#51  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevev

I missed the step where I needed to install "MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser" because it is not listed as a necessary step in the first post.

Also I skipped bat file part.

I used the 769 bin by saturnianalien.

Oh Thanks, You have just helped me and all. This is why I asked you.

I have added this part too. This was optional for those who already did flashing before. lolz. Did not thought about those new pals, who are coming to this thread and flashing first time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)