FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,668 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,481

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.1 Now Available!
21st June 2016, 07:02 PM |#5361  
Flag A Coruña
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Very nice to see vectors on your hands
The Following User Says Thank You to gvmiguez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gvmiguez Ad-Free
22nd June 2016, 10:20 AM |#5362  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamy

Vector? Nice

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvmiguez

Very nice to see vectors on your hands

Thanks! I'm going to add an option in TMA to change the vectors in an app, I think. Hopefully I have enough time (and talent) to make some nice ones for people to use.

If anybody feels up to the challenge, contributions are always welcome!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
22nd June 2016, 01:04 PM |#5363  
I've just uploaded an updated version of v13.4 to Mediafire. This has the "dirty" version of apktool that @tdunham kindly shared a few posts ago, as well as some updated Spanish translations (thanks to @gvmiguez for their hard work!).

Version 14 won't be ready for a while. I still have some code to write and I need to see if I can make enough decent vector icons to justify including the option..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
22nd June 2016, 06:40 PM |#5364  
Flag sanremo
Thanks Meter: 400

Donate to Me
More
👍great job tnx

AUDAX PLUS 7.1 KERNEL AUDAX 1.4
23rd June 2016, 11:45 PM |#5365  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Im trying to deodex my s6 edge stock rom. I used the deodex tool but my phone gets stuck in a boot loop. I looked at the logs and these are the only errors i found.

Code:
7-Zip (A) 9.20  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18

Scanning

Updating archive framework\framework.jar

Compressing  classes2.dex

Everything is Ok
[email protected] --- "/system/framework/framework.jar:classes2" Deodexed From "_WorkArea1\_deodex\framework\arm*\boot.oat"
[email protected] --- Processing "_WorkArea1\_deodex\framework\arm*\boot.oat - /system/framework/framework.jar:classes3.dex"
[email protected] --- "/system/framework/framework.jar:classes3.dex" Deodexed From "_WorkArea1\_deodex\framework\arm*\boot.oat"
[email protected] --- Processing "_WorkArea1\_deodex\framework\arm*\boot.oat - /system/framework/telephony-common.jar"
org.jf.dexlib2.analysis.AnalysisException: Could not resolve the method in class Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/GenericPdu; at index 21
	at org.jf.dexlib2.analysis.MethodAnalyzer.analyzeInvokeVirtualQuick(MethodAnalyzer.java:1794)
	at org.jf.dexlib2.analysis.MethodAnalyzer.analyzeInstruction(MethodAnalyzer.java:1023)
	at org.jf.dexlib2.analysis.MethodAnalyzer.analyze(MethodAnalyzer.java:206)
	at org.jf.dexlib2.analysis.MethodAnalyzer.<init>(MethodAnalyzer.java:141)
	at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.addAnalyzedInstructionMethodItems(MethodDefinition.java:463)
	at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.getMethodItems(MethodDefinition.java:371)
	at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.writeTo(MethodDefinition.java:238)
	at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.ClassDefinition.writeVirtualMethods(ClassDefinition.java:327)
	at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.ClassDefinition.writeTo(ClassDefinition.java:113)
	at org.jf.baksmali.baksmali.disassembleClass(baksmali.java:225)
	at org.jf.baksmali.baksmali.access$000(baksmali.java:55)
	at org.jf.baksmali.baksmali$1.call(baksmali.java:149)
	at org.jf.baksmali.baksmali$1.call(baksmali.java:147)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
opcode: invoke-virtual-quick/range
code address: 935
method: Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/PduPersister;->persist(Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/GenericPdu;ILandroid/net/Uri;IILjava/util/HashMap;I)Landroid/net/Uri;

org.jf.dexlib2.analysis.AnalysisException: Could not resolve the method in class Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/GenericPdu; at index 21
	at org.jf.dexlib2.analysis.MethodAnalyzer.analyzeInvokeVirtualQuick(MethodAnalyzer.java:1794)
	at org.jf.dexlib2.analysis.MethodAnalyzer.analyzeInstruction(MethodAnalyzer.java:1023)
	at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.addAnalyzedInstructionMethodItems(MethodDefinition.java:463)
	at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.getMethodItems(MethodDefinition.java:371)
	at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.ClassDefinition.writeVirtualMethods(ClassDefinition.java:327)
method: Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/PduPersister;->persist(Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/GenericPdu;ILandroid/net/Uri;IILjava/util/HashMap;I)Landroid/net/Uri;

7-Zip (A) 9.20  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18

Scanning

Updating archive framework\framework.jar

Compressing  classes2.dex

Everything is Ok
[email protected] --- "/system/framework/framework.jar:classes2" Deodexed From "_WorkArea1\_deodex\framework\arm*\boot.oat"
[email protected] --- Processing "_WorkArea1\_deodex\framework\arm*\boot.oat - /system/framework/framework.jar:classes3.dex"
[email protected] --- "/system/framework/framework.jar:classes3.dex" Deodexed From "_WorkArea1\_deodex\framework\arm*\boot.oat"
[email protected] --- Processing "_WorkArea1\_deodex\framework\arm*\boot.oat - /system/framework/telephony-common.jar"

24th June 2016, 10:30 AM |#5366  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason761

Im trying to deodex my s6 edge stock rom. I used the deodex tool but my phone gets stuck in a boot loop. I looked at the logs and these are the only errors i found.

A quick Google tells me that this is a known issue. It's been corrected and the fix will be in the next version of baksmali.jar. That's what TMA uses as part of the deodex process
Unfortunately, there's no news as to when the next version will be released. But it can be built if somebody wants to try? I don't have access to a PC that can, sadly.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
1st July 2016, 10:31 PM |#5367  
Flag west ilsip
Thanks Meter: 240

More
i keep getting this when i try to decompile the settings.apk from my nexus 5x framework-res apk is installed to pc also

Decompiling "Settings_com.android.settings.apk",
in workarea "_WorkArea1", using "apktool_2.1.1.jar"
With Debug Info Disabled

With Tickle My Android 13.4.1.0.
(tinyurl.com\ticklemyandroid)

----------------

I: Using Apktool 2.1.1 on Settings_com.android.settings.apk
I: Loading resource table...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Multiple resources: spec=0x7f0d005b style/Theme.SettingsBase, config=[DEFAULT]
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResType.addResource(ResType .java:66)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResType.addResource(ResType .java:55)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readEntry(AR SCDecoder.java:261)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableTyp e(ARSCDecoder.java:217)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableTyp eSpec(ARSCDecoder.java:153)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTablePac kage(ARSCDecoder.java:115)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableHea der(ARSCDecoder.java:77)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCD ecoder.java:47)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResPackages FromApk(AndrolibResources.java:555)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.loadMainPkg(An drolibResources.java:72)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResTable(An drolibResources.java:64)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.getResTable(Androlib.java:6 4)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.setTargetSdkVersion(ApkDe coder.java:193)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:10 2)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:163)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:81)

----------------

Decompile Not Successful!
1st July 2016, 11:57 PM |#5368  
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthedj

i keep getting this when i try to decompile the settings.apk from my nexus 5x framework-res apk is installed to pc also

Decompiling "Settings_com.android.settings.apk",
in workarea "_WorkArea1", using "apktool_2.1.1.jar"
With Debug Info Disabled

With Tickle My Android 13.4.1.0.
(tinyurl.com\ticklemyandroid)

----------------

I: Using Apktool 2.1.1 on Settings_com.android.settings.apk
I: Loading resource table...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Multiple resources: spec=0x7f0d005b style/Theme.SettingsBase, config=[DEFAULT]
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResType.addResource(ResType .java:66)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResType.addResource(ResType .java:55)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readEntry(AR SCDecoder.java:261)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableTyp e(ARSCDecoder.java:217)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableTyp eSpec(ARSCDecoder.java:153)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTablePac kage(ARSCDecoder.java:115)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableHea der(ARSCDecoder.java:77)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCD ecoder.java:47)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResPackages FromApk(AndrolibResources.java:555)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.loadMainPkg(An drolibResources.java:72)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResTable(An drolibResources.java:64)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.getResTable(Androlib.java:6 4)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.setTargetSdkVersion(ApkDe coder.java:193)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:10 2)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:163)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:81)

----------------

Decompile Not Successful!

Have you installed your framework files? And have you tried using the beta version of apktool 2.1.2?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact using XDA Labs
2nd July 2016, 12:18 AM |#5369  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 36,566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthedj

Also just checking, settings apk requires both framework files be installed for apktool or it will not work either; framework-res.apk alone is not enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
2nd July 2016, 12:56 PM |#5370  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

Also just checking, settings apk requires both framework files be installed for apktool or it will not work either; framework-res.apk alone is not enough.

Stock Android only has one framework file and that's framework-res.apk. It's 3rd party roms that can have more. Sony has 2, Motorola has been known to have three before now, and Samsung has two as well.

You've been corrupted by your time with Touchwiz, my friend..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
2nd July 2016, 01:03 PM |#5371  
Flag Williamsport
Thanks Meter: 1,275

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Stock Android only has one framework file and that's framework-res.apk. It's 3rd party roms that can have more. Sony has 2, Motorola has been known to have three before now, and Samsung has two as well.

You've been corrupted by your time with Touchwiz, my friend..

Lololol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)