FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,661 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,474

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.1 Now Available!
30th March 2017, 03:16 PM |#6261  
Thanks Meter: 358

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Can you share your files please? I'll need your framework-res.apk and OPSystemUI.apk.

sure. but is it correct that i have to use framework-res.apk. cause when i use your preconfigured oneplus pull option it pulls oneplus-framework-res.apk.

framework-res.apk
OPSystemUI.apk

and if its somehow important, i already use these 2 mods:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...r-fix-t3514804
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...4-0-3-t3558913

so there might be already changes in OPSystemUI.apk maybe. could that be the reason it fails? do i need "clean" OPSystemUI.apk?
thx already!
30th March 2017, 03:25 PM |#6262  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcTremonti

sure. but is it correct that i have to use framework-res.apk. cause when i use your preconfigured oneplus pull option it pulls oneplus-framework-res.apk.

framework-res.apk
OPSystemUI.apk

and if its somehow important, i already use these 2 mods:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...r-fix-t3514804
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...4-0-3-t3558913

so there might be already changes in OPSystemUI.apk maybe. could that be the reason it fails? do i need "clean" OPSystemUI.apk?
thx already!

I'll take your oneplus-framework-res.apk as well if you don't mind. I just want to see for myself what's happening when the APK is de/recompiled.
30th March 2017, 03:30 PM |#6263  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,993

More
Quote:

I'll take your oneplus-framework-res.apk as well if you don't mind. I just want to see for myself what's happening when the APK is de/recompiled.

Very silly question probably, but have you ever thought of a Linux version?
The Following User Says Thank You to xenreon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xenreon Ad-Free
30th March 2017, 03:41 PM |#6264  

More
Quote:

Sure thing.
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/mpT9U1Yt/file.html
The Following User Says Thank You to MarcTremonti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarcTremonti Ad-Free
30th March 2017, 04:40 PM |#6265  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 1,664

More
Quote:

The most recent ones.

So when you put the recompiled APK in priv-app you had a bootloop? How far does your phone get with booting? At what point does it loop?

I thought from what i read from earlier posts that there were issues with decompiling and recompiling on the newest versions of tma. I have samsung phone dont forget lol

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick54

I thought from what i read from earlier posts that there were issues with decompiling and recompiling on the newest versions of tma. I have samsung phone dont forget lol

@Ticklefish i was trying to decompile my system-ui apk and do the advanced power menu mod but when i recompiled it i got an instant ui fc 😥

The Following User Says Thank You to slickrick54 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slickrick54 Ad-Free
30th March 2017, 05:21 PM |#6266  
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenreon

Very silly question probably, but have you ever thought of a Linux version?

I have but, sadly, I don't have a Linux machine I can develop it on. The only PC I have access to that can run Linux is the one at work and I'm fairly sure the company won't be happy with me installing it.

Quote:

Sure thing.
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/mpT9U1Yt/file.html

Odd, IE said there was malware on that page and I wasn't able to download anything. But I've been playing with the code and I've been able to fix this bug. Turns out TMA had an issue with some 'solid' archives. This has now been corrected. Please redownload and try again.

Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick54

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

@Ticklefish i was trying to decompile my system-ui apk and do the advanced power menu mod but when i recompiled it i got an instant ui fc 😥

Samsung do cause trouble, it's true. But please download the tool and try it again. If you continue to have problems, we'll have to try a different solution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
30th March 2017, 07:07 PM |#6267  

More
Quote:

Odd, IE said there was malware on that page and I wasn't able to download anything. But I've been playing with the code and I've been able to fix this bug. Turns out TMA had an issue with some 'solid' archives. This has now been corrected. Please redownload and try again.

Sorry about that.

uhm, that side is a regular oneclickhoster, dont know. all fine by me. but since the file is smaller i can upload it in attachment here.
well, thats great new for me, meaning that i'm not that stupid.
tyvm for your fast reply. will try asap and report back.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Edit: @Ticklefish
now i got an apk after recompiling, but the history (see attachment) still tells about some errors, so im afraid to flash it.
Attached Files
File Type: apk oneplus-framework-res.apk - [Click for QR Code] (641.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: txt history.txt - [Click for QR Code] (26.7 KB, 2 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to MarcTremonti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarcTremonti Ad-Free
30th March 2017, 08:08 PM |#6268  
Quote:

uhm, that side is a regular oneclickhoster, dont know. all fine by me. but since the file is smaller i can upload it in attachment here.
well, thats great new for me, meaning that i'm not that stupid.
tyvm for your fast reply. will try asap and report back.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Edit: @Ticklefish
now i got an apk after recompiling, but the history (see attachment) still tells about some errors, so im afraid to flash it.

There's no need to be afraid to flash a modded APK. As long as you've made a backup you should be fine.

There are no errors in your history, only translation warnings. You can pretty much ignore those.

Code:
I: Using Apktool 2.2.2
W: Could not find sources
I: Building resources...
W: warning: string 'fingerprint_disabled' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'keyguard_perso_locked_message' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'kg_fingerprint_verification_failed' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'kg_fingerprint_verification_timeout' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'kg_reordering_delete_drop_target_text' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'notifications_off_text' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'notifications_off_title' has no default translation.
I: Copy original files...
I: Copy AndroidManifest.xml...
I: Copy META-INF...
I: Building apk file...
I: Copying unknown files/dir...
However, I can see that your battery icon isn't going to change. TMA detected battery icon images in framework-res.apk only.

Code:
[email protected] --- "battery\WhiteCircular\*.png" added to "_WorkArea1\_working\framework-res.apk" in "drawable-hdpi-v4" 
[email protected] --- "battery\WhiteCircular\*.png" added to "_WorkArea1\_working\framework-res.apk" in "drawable-ldpi-v4" 
[email protected] --- "battery\WhiteCircular\*.png" added to "_WorkArea1\_working\framework-res.apk" in "drawable-mdpi-v4" 
[email protected] --- "battery\WhiteCircular\*.png" added to "_WorkArea1\_working\framework-res.apk" in "drawable-xhdpi-v4"
If you're using a version of Android that's 4.4 or higher, which I would imagine OnePlus would be, your battery icon is going to be generated by code not by image files.

In that case I suggest either using 3Minit Battery Mod (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2799958) or this mod by @Erhany: (https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t-rom-t2919361).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
30th March 2017, 08:26 PM |#6269  

More
Quote:

There's no need to be afraid to flash a modded APK. As long as you've made a backup you should be fine.

There are no errors in your history, only translation warnings. You can pretty much ignore those.

Code:
I: Using Apktool 2.2.2
W: Could not find sources
I: Building resources...
W: warning: string 'fingerprint_disabled' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'keyguard_perso_locked_message' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'kg_fingerprint_verification_failed' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'kg_fingerprint_verification_timeout' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'kg_reordering_delete_drop_target_text' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'notifications_off_text' has no default translation.
W: warning: string 'notifications_off_title' has no default translation.
I: Copy original files...
I: Copy AndroidManifest.xml...
I: Copy META-INF...
I: Building apk file...
I: Copying unknown files/dir...
However, I can see that your battery icon isn't going to change. TMA detected battery icon images in framework-res.apk only.

Code:
[email protected] --- "battery\WhiteCircular\*.png" added to "_WorkArea1\_working\framework-res.apk" in "drawable-hdpi-v4" 
[email protected] --- "battery\WhiteCircular\*.png" added to "_WorkArea1\_working\framework-res.apk" in "drawable-ldpi-v4" 
[email protected] --- "battery\WhiteCircular\*.png" added to "_WorkArea1\_working\framework-res.apk" in "drawable-mdpi-v4" 
[email protected] --- "battery\WhiteCircular\*.png" added to "_WorkArea1\_working\framework-res.apk" in "drawable-xhdpi-v4"
If you're using a version of Android that's 4.4 or higher, which I would imagine OnePlus would be, your battery icon is going to be generated by code not by image files.

In that case I suggest either using 3Minit Battery Mod (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2799958) or this mod by @Erhany: (https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t-rom-t2919361).

Yea its android 7.1.1.
So its not going to work anyway because its code based?
Thx, gonna have a look at those threads.
30th March 2017, 11:33 PM |#6270  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 1,664

More
@Ticklefish ok did what you said with the newest TMA 14.4 and still a no go. This time all i did was decompile and recompile without any edits and got an immediate systemui fc

Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
31st March 2017, 05:28 AM |#6271  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

So when you put the recompiled APK in priv-app you had a bootloop? How far does your phone get with booting? At what point does it loop?

Yes. Recompiled in priv-app gives me a boot loop. I get past the initial lineage os boot animatian, to the starting up part, and just when I should see mu lockscreen, it starts again. I never get to the screen where I can put in my sim pin.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)