FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,667 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,481

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.1 Now Available!
9th April 2017, 10:30 AM |#6341  
Quote:
Originally Posted by genuine55

@Ticklefish I have a one plus 3T running Android nougat 7.1.1 I have tried to deodex the files but get a infinite bootloop when flashing the zip file any help would be appreciated thanks

Please download the tool again and give it another try. If you continue to get problems, please share your history.txt. That will help give me an idea of what happened.
10th April 2017, 04:34 AM |#6342  
Flag Pithoragarh
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
This will sound noobish,but i tried to find out a way to make this thing work in linux(ubuntu) but failed so i thought to make a script.sh file which will run in linux.....so i thought maybe there will be something (some sort of guide to convert .exe to script) but it need source......so...the question is....can you provide me the source?
10th April 2017, 09:51 AM |#6343  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev.shinchan

This will sound noobish,but i tried to find out a way to make this thing work in linux(ubuntu) but failed so i thought to make a script.sh file which will run in linux.....so i thought maybe there will be something (some sort of guide to convert .exe to script) but it need source......so...the question is....can you provide me the source?

Sure, I'll PM you a link. It's quite a long file though. There's a lot of code in it and, embarrassingly, it's a bit of a mess in places. I rewrote the whole code from scratch a few years ago and it was neat and tidy then but it's since gotten a little bit more chaotic..
As far as Linux goes, it might be better to write all-new code than trying to convert something. I use a lot of MS-DOS batch file tricks that might not translate well.

Unfortunately I don't have the time or the software to make a Linux version myself but I'm more than happy to help if somebody wants to create something.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
10th April 2017, 06:55 PM |#6344  
Thanks Meter: 512

More
@Ticklefish

Hey man...

I have just noticed that there are still (some) odex files in the app folder and oat files in the framework folder in the deodexed zip created by TMA (there were no errors).

Is this a bad thing or is this normal and is my system still fully deodexed? Just started the wonder about this after I noticed those files.

I renamed the zip file myself, so dont get confused by the name
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oat files.png
Views:	238
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	4107988  
The Following User Says Thank You to koekoek91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift koekoek91 Ad-Free
13th April 2017, 10:41 PM |#6345  
Quote:
Originally Posted by koekoek91

@Ticklefish

Hey man...

I have just noticed that there are still (some) odex files in the app folder and oat files in the framework folder in the deodexed zip created by TMA (there were no errors).

Is this a bad thing or is this normal and is my system still fully deodexed? Just started the wonder about this after I noticed those files.

I renamed the zip file myself, so dont get confused by the name

I tried this with the files you shared previously and couldn't replicate this issue. Try using the latest version of TMA and let know what happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
26th April 2017, 04:48 PM |#6346  
Flag Caselle Torinese
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Was someone able to change navbar icons in Samsung Stock Nougat? The rom is perfect, but those icons are ugly!
27th April 2017, 01:28 PM |#6347  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
getting error when recompiling systemui.apk file from samsung nougat stock
27th April 2017, 02:12 PM |#6348  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 36,566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenzoSRx

getting error when recompiling systemui.apk file from samsung nougat stock

If you expect help here (or anywhere), you need to provide far more detail.
Please attach the history.txt so we can see the problem.
TickleMyAndroid/user_files/LOGS/history.txt
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
27th April 2017, 07:38 PM |#6349  
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock97

Was someone able to change navbar icons in Samsung Stock Nougat? The rom is perfect, but those icons are ugly!

It depends where the rom is getting the icons from. Before Nougat, they used to be PNG images and you could just change them. Now I'm not so sure.

Sadly I'm without a Nougat rom to play with. I broke my screen (again) and I'm using an old phone that's running ICS. Hopefully I should get an upgrade soon and be able to experiment.

(It's weird being on such an old version of Android. Makes you realise just how far it's improved over the years..)
27th April 2017, 09:20 PM |#6350  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 642

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

It depends where the rom is getting the icons from. Before Nougat, they used to be PNG images and you could just change them. Now I'm not so sure.

Sadly I'm without a Nougat rom to play with. I broke my screen (again) and I'm using an old phone that's running ICS. Hopefully I should get an upgrade soon and be able to experiment.

(It's weird being on such an old version of Android. Makes you realise just how far it's improved over the years..)

ICS? You might feel like you are in ancient times
The Following User Says Thank You to ram4ufriends For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ram4ufriends Ad-Free
27th April 2017, 09:42 PM |#6351  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

If you expect help here (or anywhere), you need to provide far more detail.
Please attach the history.txt so we can see the problem.
TickleMyAndroid/user_files/LOGS/history.txt

there you go
Attached Files
File Type: txt history.txt - [Click for QR Code] (259.5 KB, 10 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)