2nd August 2014, 02:50 PM |#1481  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,768

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiv

So no one knows a solution to this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm sure there is a way to fix that issue, just I never stumbled upon it myself. Like I said too I tried all different settings and combinations and just never got it resolved.

I'm on an LG G3 now and it works perfectly so I haven't really kept looking for a solution, I do hope you find one I know how annoying that can be.

- Sent From My G3

2nd August 2014, 02:51 PM |#1482  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSecks

That's what it was! I enabled CF.Lumen integration when the latest release came out and since then Lux wasn't actually adjusting the brightness. For now I've just enabled CF.Lumen's filters and disabled Lux night mode.

That's a problem I have a fix for in the next update. Some phones have a different method of adjusting brightness which I missed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
2nd August 2014, 02:52 PM |#1483  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindboy

Am I right in thinking there is no sub-zero support for Android L yet?

With or without plug-ins? It should at the very least work without plug-ins.
2nd August 2014, 03:01 PM |#1484  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 5

More
At the moment I'm running it with the Nexus 5 plugin, let me try disabling it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

With or without plug-ins? It should at the very least work without plug-ins.

Ah that fixed it. Thanks
3rd August 2014, 07:33 PM |#1485  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiv

I hope you guys can help me.

I'm using a nexus 5 with the latest paranoid Android and Franco kernel.

I put the brightness adjust setting on "screen on" but most times it won't refresh when I turn on the screen. But when I then pull the status bar down and hit lux so that the popup appears, the brightness will adjust correctly. Just not automatically when I turn the screen on, which it should. Any solution to this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Exactly same here on my Micromax canvas 4 A210
5th August 2014, 08:38 AM |#1486  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 392

More
I got slight of bug / problem i think. When i use nexus 5 plugin sometimes when I let the screen to dim [like it almost time to screen off] the brightness could jump either way too high / even way too low. Ex: my brightness currently at 20 but when it begins to dim it could jump to 70 or even -20. Is there any known fix for this?

Sometimes turning off the lux and then turning it on again could fix this for a moment though

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to reddvilzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reddvilzz Ad-Free
5th August 2014, 03:26 PM |#1487  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil

I have a tablet in the car and the light sensor is partially obstructed.

What I was looking for with Lux is to be able to set the brightness via sunrise/sunset.
For example, 15% brightness at sunset and 90% at sunrise without needing to worry about the sensor.
It would seem that the sunset/sunrise data is already in Lux, would just need a way to implement it.

Unless I missed this option somewhere? I was checking out all the menus and settings and couldn't seem to find it?

Thanks guys!

Is this still a requested feature, or a setting I can't find? I too have a Nexus 7 car install.. reason I ask about a setting is because I had Lux (full ver) installed for the past month, and I was trouble shooting some battery issues and deinstalled it... before I deinstalled it, Lux would dim down in the evening and brighten up in the morning.. I do not remember how I made it do that, and when I reinstalled last week, I have not been able to replicate it. As the OP stated, my light sensor is partially covered too, plus its wacky because I start my car in the garage and iits dark in the car, then drive out into the driveway and its bright inside. It is driving me nuts bc this was working flawlessly for the past month before I de/reinstalled. I would get in my car in the morning, and it would automatically brighten up to 100%, then in the evening, it would dim down to 8%, no matter what the light conditions were, Right now if I use the camera, on auto, on wake, it wakes up in the garage and dims down or doesnt brighten up, then i have to open lux and re-adjust when i pull out of the garage. Just seeing if I am crazy to think It was using the sunset auto mode to switch between day/night?
5th August 2014, 04:36 PM |#1488  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This is my must have app!
It does exactly what it says. I love that you can adjust brightness in 200% range
5th August 2014, 05:24 PM |#1489  
Quote:
Originally Posted by niphoet

Hi, I'm using Lux on the latest CM11 nightlies (Galaxy s3). I have enabled "long press back button to kill app." If I'm at my launcher (Nova) and I long press Back, it will kill Lux. I even converted Lux to a system app and it's still happening. Is there someway I can make sure this is always running in the background regardless of pressing Back? Tasker, My Data Manager, and GSam Battery Monitor also always run in the background and none of them are killed like this. Thanks for any help!

I'm still having this issue, does anyone have any insight? Thanks!
6th August 2014, 03:13 PM |#1490  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niphoet

I'm still having this issue, does anyone have any insight? Thanks!

You'll have to use a root based adjustment within Lux to bypass that. Seems like a silly implementation by Nova.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 05:05 PM |#1491  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Hi Guys, I'm running 4.4.4 on Galaxy Grand. What is Cf.lumen for? Do i need it? What is it's benefits?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)