[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 669

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2013, 09:12 AM |#881  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Does "dynamic" setting use more battery then "on wake" because of the light sensor is more on?

Thanks.

7th August 2013, 01:46 PM |#882  
Flag Solothurn
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Hello everybody,

First, this is a awsome app for battery savings. I use it on my Nexus4 for some days now and it's fantastic.

Now... the process of optimation the profile needs some time. Maybe some one is able to share a good powersaving profile?
7th August 2013, 07:45 PM |#883  
Thanks Meter: 631

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by odysseus84

Hello everybody,

First, this is a awsome app for battery savings. I use it on my Nexus4 for some days now and it's fantastic.

Now... the process of optimation the profile needs some time. Maybe some one is able to share a good powersaving profile?

not sure if it's a good idea, even the same devices can have completely different sensor sensitivity - have two identical ones at home, both need different profiles

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to p107r0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p107r0 Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 04:46 AM |#884  
Flag Medellin
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm having a problem using this app on a HTC One runing AOSP, when I take a picture with lux in night mode they are reddish, if i turn the night mode off on lux my pictures are just fine
8th August 2013, 10:46 AM |#885  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Testing the free "Lite" version of the app, for now, and was wondering something: I haven't found a way to create more profiles than the already 4 existing ones (day, night, car and cinema)... is there any such way?
8th August 2013, 05:49 PM |#886  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noraef

Testing the free "Lite" version of the app, for now, and was wondering something: I haven't found a way to create more profiles than the already 4 existing ones (day, night, car and cinema)... is there any such way?

You are lucky. Just few days ago there was an update for the free version which brought these profiles. Before there was only one (unnamed) profile.
9th August 2013, 03:05 AM |#887  

More
Ah, thanks, tommi.a: I've ended up buying the paying version, as it's the Tasker compatible brightness app I was most comfortable with.
A bit sad, we're limited to those 4 profiles only: I've eaten them up already, with day/night, and two corresponding car versions on top of those...
9th August 2013, 02:13 PM |#888  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quick question about the app, just bought it yesterday. I came upon it when searching for a feature like CM's custom brightness ranges..

I have the app to auto, and have it checking the light sensor for changes. With CM what I did was lower the stock % for lux ranges so I would save battery in theory. I'd like to do the same with this app.

I was able to make 0 a much lower percentage so my eyes don't hurt at night(+night mode)..

My problem is I don't know what to setup, if I give it a set percentage for certain lux value it wouldn't really do much because I'm not always going to hit that exact lux value.

Is it possible to do what I want?
9th August 2013, 02:25 PM |#889  

More
Are you talking about subzero mode level, jmejiaa?
It's in the settings (gearing icon on the lower right of the widget): Parameters>Brightness>Backlight zero level (well, sorta: translated from my French interface)
The higher you'll set it, the brighter it'll start cutting down on backlight power supply.

Else, for more classic brightness setup (dark filter over the display), you go to Installation>Profile editor, and set your "luminous flux on the sensor/brightness of the screen" function (with two points only, it seems to be some sort of S curve).
9th August 2013, 04:26 PM |#890  
Thanks Meter: 631

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa

My problem is I don't know what to setup, if I give it a set percentage for certain lux value it wouldn't really do much because I'm not always going to hit that exact lux value.

not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but if you have set brightness levels for two separate lux values, then brightness for lux values between those two is calculated/extrapolated automatically - moreover there are three different methods for this, you can choose one best suiting your needs in the settings
9th August 2013, 06:34 PM |#891  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noraef

Are you talking about subzero mode level, jmejiaa?
It's in the settings (gearing icon on the lower right of the widget): Parameters>Brightness>Backlight zero level (well, sorta: translated from my French interface)
The higher you'll set it, the brighter it'll start cutting down on backlight power supply.

Else, for more classic brightness setup (dark filter over the display), you go to Installation>Profile editor, and set your "luminous flux on the sensor/brightness of the screen" function (with two points only, it seems to be some sort of S curve).

Quote:
Originally Posted by p107r0

not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but if you have set brightness levels for two separate lux values, then brightness for lux values between those two is calculated/extrapolated automatically - moreover there are three different methods for this, you can choose one best suiting your needs in the settings

Sounds like the second quote is more of what I want to do.. I basically want the screen dimmer than it would normally would be. By the sounds of it, I can accomplish by lowering the 10000 lumen value to something like 80-90%?

If I leave it in auto, does it switch between day/night profiles? I don't really need multiple profiles but I don't see a way to modify the values for "auto".

I just tried modifying the outer bounds for both lux/lum and it seems to do what I want..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)