Need help, urgent

Search This thread

MasterTB

Jan 10, 2011
Paraná
Hi, I have a D806 G2 and I have a big problem.
After an error modifying my build.prop I was left with a broken phone. It wouldn't boot to the os.
I was rooted and with TWRP so I restarded and tried to revert to the old build.prop (that's the only backup I had) and it didn't work.
I followed the tutorials to go back to stock (I had done it once before to update my phone while rooted, but that time the phone was working fine).
Well, to my surprise, given that I only had recovery or download mode, the process started but failed with an error.
Now, I don't have a System, meaning that my system folder is empty so I really don't have an os in the phone, and all procedures to flash a rom, fail.
I have tried flashtools and everyother tool but nothing, can't put a rom in the phone.
Now I'm kinda desperated because It is too expensive for me to loose the phone (things in Argentina are far too expensive) and when I put it in download mode it clearly says ROOTED so I will have a problem with guaranty.
Please, someone give me a hand!!

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
After an error modifying my build.prop I was left with a broken phone. It wouldn't boot to the os.
I was rooted and with TWRP so I restarded and tried to revert to the old build.prop (that's the only backup I had) and it didn't work.
I followed the tutorials to go back to stock (I had done it once before to update my phone while rooted, but that time the phone was working fine).
Well, to my surprise, given that I only had recovery or download mode, the process started but failed with an error.
Now, I don't have a System, meaning that my system folder is empty so I really don't have an os in the phone, and all procedures to flash a rom, fail.
I have tried flashtools and everyother tool but nothing, can't put a rom in the phone.
Now I'm kinda desperated because It is too expensive for me to loose the phone (things in Argentina are far too expensive) and when I put it in download mode it clearly says ROOTED so I will have a problem with guaranty.

Can you still get to TWRP (recovery)? Which version of TWRP are you using? Do you still have the zip file of the ROM you're on?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MasterTB

MasterTB

Jan 10, 2011
Paraná
Can you still get to TWRP (recovery)? Which version of TWRP are you using? Do you still have the zip file of the ROM you're on?

Sorry was too crazy to post most data.

No I don't have a backup of my rom, but I got a backup from another phone and it doesn't work
Gladly I could use a USB OTG to copy Carbon and Gapps to the phone and I could install that so the phone is working now.
The problem is going back to stock because I would need a backup of a D806 rom and I don't have one.
I'm on TWRP 2.6.3.4 and it's working fine now. Thank you very much.,

cccho

Oct 24, 2010
Very simple and very lucky you still can access download mode. Just using flashtools to flash TOT again then its all go back to original stock.

MasterTB

Jan 10, 2011
Paraná
Very simple and very lucky you still can access download mode. Just using flashtools to flash TOT again then its all go back to original stock.

I would if I could, but my IMEI reads 0, hence no luck with LG software.
Luckily I could boot the phone to an AOSP rom (copied via USB OTG to my phone -I still have recovery-)
So, I have an AOSP rom, I can get a backup of a similar rom to my stock rom -from a user in another forum- and I can install that backup (foing it ATM)
BUT, my IMEI is 0 so LG software doesn't fully recognize my rom and drivers don't fully install

HELP??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.